sewage surfer auto player

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

POPULAR POST!

Hey guys! My sewage Surfer Autoplayer is now ready for public testing! Only available as a .exe at the moment because I have no way of testing the .pyc on a Unix based system. If you use Linux/Mac as your main OS, drop me a PM and I'll send you the file to test, if it works I'll add it to this post.

This version will only solve up to level 50 and then stop. It is purely to get the avatar ONLY. If you're looking for a trophy, then this isn't for you. Although you may get lucky on the 1st of the month with it, who knows! Few things to consider before using(IMPORTANT!)

1.) The program must be used starting from level 1 ONLY. Poor/lazy coding on my part, but you'll have to deal with that I'm afraid :p. Please manually navigate to the game, start it and make sure it is level 1 and no pieces have been placed/discarded.

2.) Do not interrupt the program. Again, lazy on my behalf. Do not be running other Neopets programs/having the Neocodex program manager open as you will get logged out at some point, the program will derp and you'll have to start all over again. The time it takes to finish, from my experience of using it is 2-3 hours. So put it on and go take a nap or something :p.

3.) Do not be alarmed if you're stuck on a certain level for a lengthy amount of time. The program has no control over what pieces come next etc; I have successfully run it a couple of times so I know that it will finish each level without a problem. It will also restart the level if something goes wrong, just as a safety precaution.

I think that just about covers it, if you encounter any problems please post here or PM me with a full paste of the cmd window (Remember to enable quick-edit in the cmd window properties to just copy everything!) and I'll try and fix it. A GUI version will be coming once the new codex manager is finalized and I may add the points method to go for the trophy later, depends how lazy I'm feeling :p.

Enjoy!

UPDATE #2: For some reason it randomly closed or errored/crashed for some people on random levels, this was caused by the puzzle starting prematurely and flooding (muchos thanks to Neoquest for making me realise this), for some reason I stupidly didn't have a floodcheck. Now thats in place when it floods it just restarts no problem :). Also I've added the ability to start from any level now! So in the very rare case it should break (I HOPE NOT!) you can just carry on as normal! The only time it should close is when it hits level 50 :) enjoy the update!
http://www.mediafire...6ucu11ygbff2622

Edited by Frosty, 26 July 2012 - 05:48 PM.

#2 M33P

M33P
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

Awesome work :3
I'm trying it out now

#3 MEGAKICK

MEGAKICK
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

Yay!

Will try this out :)

#4 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

Great work Frosty. +rep.

#5 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

I've never in my life even looked at this game, let alone attempted it because of how many people complain about it. xD

I think I'll wait awhile before using just so it doesn't look like tons of people are getting the avatar all of a sudden o.0

#6 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

For some of you the .exe may not open up. If the terminal window opens and then close very quickly, it may be because you don't have the dependencies from having python installed.

Here is a link to a version with all the files and dependencies just extract them all to the same location and then open it. It's three different files.

Frosty will add this to the main post shortly.

http://www.mediafire...j5ug2f80hb27q4k

Main post updated.

Edited by HappyAccident, 25 July 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#7 MEGAKICK

MEGAKICK
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

For some of you the .exe may not open up. If the terminal window opens and then close very quickly, it may be because you don't have the dependencies from having python installed.

Here is a link to a version with all the files and dependencies just extract them all to the same location and then open it. It's three different files.

Frosty will add this to the main post shortly.

http://www.mediafire...j5ug2f80hb27q4k

Thanks for the update, it seems to be working fine now :)

#8 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

Thanks for the update, it seems to be working fine now :)

No problem. I had the the issue so I thought perhaps some others could have it as well.

#9 lexis

lexis
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hey, eveytime the program start and I open firefox on any site (like face and here) the program shuts down

#10 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

Nice work. :) Will there be source available? *crosses fingers*

#11 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

Worked fine until level 33 when it suddenly crashed/quit.

#12 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

I was wondering how you got a Python executable to be 20kb :p

I'd suggest adding a try/except that encompasses the whole program and makes sure to give debug data instead of crashing.

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

I'd suggest adding a try/except that encompasses the whole program and makes sure to give debug data instead of crashing.

Why would you have a try/except on the whole program? O_o

#14 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

Why would you have a try/except on the whole program? O_o

If anything happens it'll catch it, as opposed to just certain areas.

Edited by idontknow951, 25 July 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#15 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Worked fine until level 33 when it suddenly crashed/quit.

Just rechecked and double checked my code for level 33 and can see no issue here. It may have been an isolated incident out of my control, should it happen again, please copy the entire cmd window to me via PM and let me know the status of the level by manually visiting it (IE: if the puzzle is flooded what piece(s) were missing etc)

Yea I toyed with try/except for the entire program it gave me more problems than solutions. It's definitely something I want to do for the GUI version though! So thanks :)

Nice work. :) Will there be source available? *crosses fingers*

Source will be available at some point yes, but not yet sorry :).

Also much thanks to HappyAccident for posting the dependencies while I was at work!

#16 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

If anything happens it'll catch it, as opposed to just certain areas.

Most parts of a program shouldn't be able to raise errors though so there should be no need to try/catch the entire thing...

#17 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

Most parts of a program shouldn't be able to raise errors though so there should be no need to try/catch the entire thing...

That's what you think. I can't remember what it was, but there was this one stupid bug that drove me up the wall and I couldn't figure out what was causing it so I just gave up and did that.

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

That's what you think. I can't remember what it was, but there was this one stupid bug that drove me up the wall and I couldn't figure out what was causing it so I just gave up and did that.

There's a big difference to having them while debugging and leaving them in after release.

#19 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

There's a big difference to having them while debugging and leaving them in after release.

Isn't that what he was suggesting?

And if it was up to me, I'd do something similar. There was another case where we couldn't repro the error and I just gave them a copy with a try block on the whole thing and the next time it crashed, we finally found out what was causing it.

#20 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

The cmd screen exited unexpectedly twice so far, once at level 10 and once at level 4 respectively. On both levels, a few pieces had been placed. I didn't record what the game was like when it exited the first time at level 10. The second time, 5 pieces had been placed in level 4, and there were 10 discards left. The next piece was a corner piece, like this:
__
|

Ran it a third time. It ran like a dream. I was observing it, so I knew when it got to level 49, and it was moving along happily.. I looked away for a second, and when I looked back, the window had exited! I almost cried, but I had a feeling that maybe it'd finished level 49 and so it quit.. And I logged in and saw it had :) It exited because it had reached level 50 ^_^ THANK YOU FROSTY!!!

Something Has Happened! Posted Image You are now eligible to use 'Sewage Surfer' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Edited by Ladida, 25 July 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#21 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

The cmd screen exited unexpectedly twice so far, once at level 10 and once at level 4 respectively. On both levels, a few pieces had been placed. I didn't record what the game was like when it exited the first time at level 10. The second time, 5 pieces had been placed in level 4, and there were 10 discards left. The next piece was a corner piece, like this:
__
|

Ran it a third time. It ran like a dream. I was observing it, so I knew when it got to level 49, and it was moving along happily.. I looked away for a second, and when I looked back, the window had exited! I almost cried, but I had a feeling that maybe it'd finished level 49 and so it quit.. And I logged in and saw it had :) It exited because it had reached level 50 ^_^ THANK YOU FROSTY!!!

Something Has Happened! Posted Image You are now eligible to use 'Sewage Surfer' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Just re-tested it 10 times on some shells and it got past level 10 with no issues at all. The only thing I can suggest is that you must have gotten logged out at some point (having just the codex program manager open will do that!) or maybe you were browsing neopets as you used it. Either-way I can confirm there was no error in the code. Glad it worked out for you in the end! Although it shouldn't close when finished ;/. Stupid exe files lolol. Sorry it took 3 tries for it to get you the avatar :p!

#22 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

Got the avvie using this program :)

Very happy that I didnt have to bother with the game!

Thanks Frosty +rep

#23 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

Got the avvie using this program :)

Very happy that I didnt have to bother with the game!

Thanks Frosty +rep

Glad to hear it! Was there any problems with it or did it just run straight through first time? :)

#24 MarvelGirl

MarvelGirl
  • 205 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

Nice work Frosty, your brain is huge! The one on top of your shoulders.

I will try this program on a side shell and will let you know if I have any problems.

#25 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

Just re-tested it 10 times on some shells and it got past level 10 with no issues at all. The only thing I can suggest is that you must have gotten logged out at some point (having just the codex program manager open will do that!) or maybe you were browsing neopets as you used it. Either-way I can confirm there was no error in the code. Glad it worked out for you in the end! Although it shouldn't close when finished ;/. Stupid exe files lolol. Sorry it took 3 tries for it to get you the avatar :p!

I have no idea what happened, I wasn't logged in to the Program Manager or browsing. I'm not sure what could have caused it, since I did everything the same the third time around, it might have been completely random. I'm super thrilled to finally have the avatar, I don't mind at all that it took three tries, the third time's a charm ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users