[Tutorial] Pixelart Emoticon Set

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Foxer

Foxer
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

[redacted]

Edited by Foxer, 21 November 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#2 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

It's a nice overall tutorial but it lacks a lot. It lacks a lot of explanation for such a complicated pixel. It's really hard to describe, but it should've walked a beginner much more through the process and why you chose to place things where, and explaining those sorts of things. Definitely couldn't follow this.

Edited by Juturna, 08 August 2012 - 08:07 AM.

#3 Foxer

Foxer
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

What extra steps do you think I should include? I know there's a big jump between steps 3 and 4, but shadows and highlights were already mentioned a lot, and they're very subjective. I kind of figure people have a vague idea of where shadows should fall when light hits an object.

#4 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

You just answered your own question. Most non-artists/beginner artists of any types, don't have that down. They will get confused, and quit your tutorial. It's good to explain what you're doing, so they can get a sense of it. Telling your audience your methods specifically is very helpful, as it will help for them, as they can try out yours, and that helps for them to develop their own way of doing it. I know, in all, a separate tutorial would be great if we wanted to completely cover the topic of highlights and shadows and focus upon that, but explaining how you do it was you go along would be very helpful.

#5 Foxer

Foxer
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

I'll take note of that, thank you! ^_^ I may be able to edit this tutorial, but if I don't have the time, I'll be sure to be more detailed if/when I make another. :3

#6 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

Always wondered how people created pixel art. Pretty cool.

#7 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Nice ^^ I tried pixeling once and gave up because I was hopeless xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users