Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

I don't think they exist,

According to Kashi they do.

Edit: I know they don't.

Edited by Ivysaur, 28 December 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#52 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

According to Kashi they do.

Edit: I know they don't.

You post the most ridiculous things.

#53 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Then...why have this discussion at all if everyone has their own definition of feminism?
I made that point assuming that she was referring to an antiquated western definition of feminism. (Which she was.)

femininity, we are talking about here, right, not feminism. n well that's a good question, definitions of femininity vary, khalil lays out the different scenarios in his post on why femininity is unnatural. khalil was discussing a specific definition which is where there can be an actual debate, i'm guessing that user was just putting their perspective on what femininity means to them or their culture (whether it be antiquate or else to others). there is a lot discussion 2 b had about the various definitions of femininity, if i remember correctly, from last night, half of this thread is discussing that.

#54 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

femininity, we are talking about here, right, not feminism. n well that's a good question, definitions of femininity vary, khalil lays out the different scenarios in his post on why femininity is unnatural. khalil was discussing a specific definition which is where there can be an actual debate, i'm guessing that user was just putting their perspective on what femininity means to them or their culture (whether it be antiquate or else to others). there is a lot discussion 2 b had about the various definitions of femininity, if i remember correctly, from last night, half of this thread is discussing that.

*facepalm*
Yes. Femininity not feminism. Phone autocorrected for some reason.

You post the most ridiculous things.

Of course I do!

#55 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Of course I do!

It's not something to be proud of.

#56 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

It's not something to be proud of.

Your commentary serves to encourage me.

Edit: Double post

Edited by Ivysaur, 28 December 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#57 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Your commentary serves to encourage me.

Did you think I wasn't aware of that?
It's a mutually beneficial arrangement; I enjoy making you look even more stupid that you make yourself appear, and you enjoy thinking that you've irritated me and have somehow bested me in that sense.
Of course, I have the additional benefit of knowing that everyone else sees it my way, and it's only you who suffers the delusion of petty one-upmanship.

#58 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

It's a mutually beneficial arrangement; I enjoy making you look even more stupid that you make yourself appear, and you enjoy thinking that you've irritated me and have somehow bested me in that sense.
Of course, I have the additional benefit of knowing that everyone else sees it my way, and it's only you who suffers the delusion of petty one-upmanship.

Someone clearly pissed in your cornflakes today.. :rolleyes:

#59 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Think again ;)

#60 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Someone clearly pissed in your cornflakes today.. :rolleyes:

I guess you didn't get the "I'm not annoyed, this amuses me" vibe...

Think again ;)

You're right. I always forget to qualify that as "everyone else, whose opinion matters to me".

#61 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

I did not. Good to know though.

#62 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

You're right. I always forget to qualify that as "everyone else, whose opinion matters to me".

I got the typical Sweeney passive aggressive, elitist, "I know I'm more intelligent than you", shove-it-in-people's-faces vibe.

But hey, then again you think I give a damn rather you feel my opinion is valid or worthy of acknowledgement. :p

#63 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

I got the typical Sweeney passive aggressive, elitist, "I know I'm more intelligent than you", shove-it-in-people's-faces vibe.

But hey, then again you think I give a damn rather you feel my opinion is valid or worthy of acknowledgement. :p

It's a sad reflection on you that you can only parse a single vibe at a time.

#64 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Ha. Ha. Ha.

We long established that our "conversations" are little more then a source of mutual amusement.
Though based on your response, you are clearly more invested in this conversation then I am :3

Edited by Ivysaur, 28 December 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#65 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

.Ha. Ha. Ha.

We long established that our "conversations" are little more then a source of mutual amusement.
Though based on your response, you are clearly more invested in this conversation then I am :3

I don't suppose you'd care to outline the parts of my response that indicate my investment in the exchange?
I'm just curious to know how you reached the polar opposite of the correct conclusion.

#66 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Why is OP banned?
Anyways, Femininity and Masculinity are entirely social constructs and they are fluid and subject to change.
Heidegger discusses the ideas of social evolution, in that what is feminine comes from the way a girl can best fit in to society. But as more people challenge these constructs it becomes advantageous to join the larger group and the what femininity is changes. An example of this with Masculinity is Bronies, Ponies are becoming a less feminine construct due to the massive male fanbase.

#67 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

It's a sad reflection on you that you can only parse a single vibe at a time.

*gasp* You sure showed me...
Posted Image

#68 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I don't suppose you'd care to outline the parts of my response that indicate my investment in the exchange?
I'm just curious to know how you reached the polar opposite of the correct conclusion.

The fact that made it a point to elevate yourself while simultaneously calling me delusional :3

You take yourself waaaaaay too seriously

#69 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

The fact that made it a point to elevate yourself while simultaneously calling me delusional :3

I find it amusing that when I decide to take a step back and stop posting like I normally do for a couple months that you step right up as the village clown.

#70 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

I find it amusing that when I decide to take a step back and stop posting like I normally do for a couple months that you step right up as the village clown.

...I didn't take that as an insult for some reason.

#71 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

...I didn't take that as an insult for some reason.

Posted Image

#72 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Spoiler

Whatever you were trying to pull here failed miserably.

#73 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

*steers conversation back toward femininity*

#74 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

You're not particularly skilled at inferring intent, it seems.

*gasp* You sure showed me...

Your image is broken. But at a guess, I'd say it was that image macro of Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

#75 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

Edit: Which...I don't understand why reporting someone that feels you up unfeminine.

Because the epitome of being feminine is to be submissive. Girls are expected to stay in their place and shut up. If a woman is outspoken, dominant, or assertive, she's a bitch. I know you said you'd rather be a bitch, than get felt up, but sometimes those men hitting on you decide they like a challenge and will try to conquer the bitch. Because sometimes you pricks don't know that NO means NO.

Almost every religion teaches that women are the root of evil, and so their doctrine mandates that all women be treated like possessions. This anger about the free birth control in America and outrage at abortion? It has nothing to do with protecting life and religious freedom, it has everything to do with controlling women and what they do with their bodies.

I think Khali was right. The social constructs of femininity sucks. But only when it is defined by a man. And if you think, "Oh, well there aren't a lot of women who are quiet and submissive anymore." you are turning a blind eye to a ton of cultures in this world today. I believe there ARE women who are mistreated daily because they are women and don't stand up for themselves because they are afraid of abuse or punishment from their husbands, fathers, whoever... and unlike Ivy, I still don't think they deserve to be treated like shit. I don't think you should blame a victim for dressing a certain way, or for being 'weak'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users