24 replies to this topic

#1 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Random? Yes. Has purpose? Probably Not.

In one of my random chats during lunch today, my friend was eating cereal and the whole topic got mixed with my other friend who was bitching about her back-stabbing Vice President in her club. The conversation was actually interesting.

I'll start.

Every morning, I'm stuck with the same brand of cereal. In class, I could of sat down with a different bowl, but I'd rather stay having the same bad taste then mess with a new brand. I've been with this brand for about all my years in college up to now and they gotten spoiled. I feel like this box mixed its contents with some corn flakes or coco puffs and now they think they're Lucky Charms. It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth like chewing on your cardboard box itself. Also the free "special prize" was taken before it left the shelf.

#2 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Mine is that box that you keep thinking you finished and threw away only to realize the next morning when you open the cupboard it's still there. You never liked it to begin with, but since you plucked it off the shelf and paid for it, you felt obligated to eat it. It was never fulfilling, and every time you ate it you always wished you had taken the time to choose more carefully instead of making a rash, uneducated decision.

Also, it gives you the shits.

#3 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Is that a sex reference?

#4 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Is that a sex reference?

Not even a little bit.

#5 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

Mine is that box that you keep thinking you finished and threw away only to realize the next morning when you open the cupboard it's still there. You never liked it to begin with, but since you plucked it off the shelf and paid for it, you felt obligated to eat it. It was never fulfilling, and every time you ate it you always wished you had taken the time to choose more carefully instead of making a rash, uneducated decision.

That is absolutely brutal

Is that a sex reference?

Good sig

#6 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Random? Yes. Has purpose? Probably Not.

In one of my random chats during lunch today, my friend was eating cereal and the whole topic got mixed with my other friend who was bitching about her back-stabbing Vice President in her club. The conversation was actually interesting.

I'll start.

Every morning, I'm stuck with the same brand of cereal. In class, I could of sat down with a different bowl, but I'd rather stay having the same bad taste then mess with a new brand. I've been with this brand for about all my years in college up to now and they gotten spoiled. I feel like this box mixed its contents with some corn flakes or coco puffs and now they think they're Lucky Charms. It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth like chewing on your cardboard box itself. Also the free "special prize" was taken before it left the shelf.

Bland boring person who pretends to be something that they are not so they will be more interesting?

Some guy you had anal sex with now won't leave you alone no matter how hard you try and get rid of him?

#7 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

Bland boring person who pretends to be something that they are not so they will be more interesting?

Nah, ex-girlfriend

#8 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

It's that box you loved as a child, but you despise now. You used to love the flavor and taste, but as you grew up, you started to realize something was wrong with it, until after it was all gone, you completely realized what had happened. On one hand I wish I never had eaten the cereal, but at the same time, it taught me a lesson about dealing with bad cereal and bad food in general.

idk.

#9 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

I wanna stab this box of cereal until it stops breathing.

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

It's that box you loved as a child, but you despise now. You used to love the flavor and taste, but as you grew up, you started to realize something was wrong with it, until after it was all gone, you completely realized what had happened. On one hand I wish I never had eaten the cereal, but at the same time, it taught me a lesson about dealing with bad cereal and bad food in general.

idk.

Long term relationship when you were younger that you eventually escaped after you found out have bad it was?

I wanna stab this box of cereal until it stops breathing.

Someone that says "Yolo"?

#11 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

Long term relationship when you were younger that you eventually escaped after you found out have bad it was?

Well, it was definitely bad, and it was definitely long term, I guess you could say? But it's pretty specific crap I was talking about. So yes and no.

Edited by Juturna, 01 September 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#12 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

Its that box of cereal you absolutely love to eat when you're having a bad day...until you realize that its only sugared cardboard that really has no substance. You only keep eating it because you think it'll be better this time only to have the truth surface once again.

#13 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Too sugary.

#14 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

It's like walking through the aisles of the grocery store and realizing that all of the cereals are exactly the same just with different colored boxes... Regardless of which one you choose, you're still only eating cereal.

#15 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

You were so excited to buy this box of cereal, with its fancy packaging and enticing nutritional health information. You took it home and ate some the next morning, the morning after that, and the morning after that. In fact you ate it for so long, that you couldn't remember just how long you'd been eating it. One morning you wake up, and realise that it tastes shit with soy milk. In fact, it tastes shit with any milk. It tastes shit without milk. Not even chocolate milk can mask its shitty taste. You realise that you're still without the limited edition pedometer that the bright red promotional sticker promised, and that your ass still doesn't fit into the lacy black thong you bought two sizes too small in the hope that you'd lose weight. Lying, piece of shit cereal.

#16 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

It was your favorite cereal, you'd eat it everyday, without fail. You'd store it in its own, special box, and it was always there in times of hunger. And then the recipe got changed, and you don't even know why it got changed. From that point, whenever you ate it, it'd make you sick. And angry.

#17 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

Some guy you had anal sex with now won't leave you alone no matter how hard you try and get rid of him?

No...

Why does everyone think "the shits" is a sex reference? The cereal is so awful that every time I look at the box it makes me upset. My body deals with being upset in inconvenient and uncomfortable ways.

#18 Yokai

Yokai
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:14 AM

Also the free "special prize" was taken before it left the shelf.

As soooon as I read that I was like "Yup. It's about a girl." xD

I tried to write something about 2 "best friends" of mine... But honestly, I found it hard to write them as cereal. xD
Everything sounded sexual. xD

#19 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

I tried to write something about 2 "best friends" of mine... But honestly, I found it hard to write them as cereal. xD
Everything sounded sexual. xD

The cereal slid smoothly into my mouth and down my throat.

#20 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

The cereal slid smoothly into my mouth and down my throat.

I think it'd be more accurate, and less erotic, if you'd included the chewing.

#21 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

I hate cereal...

#22 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

I think it'd be more accurate, and less erotic, if you'd included the chewing.

Well you don't actually know the circumstances here. This could be a 'melt in your mouth' type of cereal, or the milk could have been warmed up to the point where the cereal is all squishy. It very well could have slid down anyones throat. Cereal is a dangerous thing.

#23 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:21 AM

Yeah guys p.s. when something gives you the shits/you have the shits, that means give you an upset stomach and diarrhea and all :p I guess it can be sexual if you're uh somehow into that stuff h-heheh!!.....

But mmmm...~ Gosh, it was easily one of my favourite cereals! It was so sugary and delicious and had cute little marshmallows and and uuwwaaa~ I was totally up for eating it everyday for a long time!~ But eventually it started getting rid of the marshmallows and other cutie things, changed it's ingredients so it was all SUPER LOW FAT SUGAR FREE YEAH (you could really tell the sweetness was artificial), and slowly took sugar out of it completely. It tasted so gross and bitter!! I was craving the cereal they had before the switches so much, so I kept getting it hoping that they would bring back the old ingredients but then it stopped being sold in my area ;_;

#24 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

Mine is the kind that you are offered while you're a guest at someone else's house. You really don't like this kind of cereal, but to be polite you accept a bowl.
You suffer through every single bite. Fighting your gag reflex, feeling the slimy texture and occasional crunch between your teeth. When you try to swallow, it feels like your throat is closing, and trying to reject it. But you really don't want to be rude to your host. So no matter how much you don't like the cereal, you grin and bear it. You pretend to like it for them.

#25 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

You all are fucking amazing for doing this! I didn't expect this thread to get more than two responses.

The cringe never ends, does it?

At least this time, it was interesting.

Go Here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users