• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#26 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

This is great! It seems like just the thing to get a couple thousand players back online again!

Unfreezing accounts would be the next best thing...

#27 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

I'd never fought that gentleman before, but his Skarls Hasty Mace, and Super U-bend stomped on me and insulted my mother. Interesting choice of weapons.

#28 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hell fucking no :V
Unless they actually managed to get a decent programmer this is probably going to be another huge n flashy whip n slashy Flash application with loads of sparkles and bugs/broken things everywhere.......

Watch as people are going to be complaining about how bad it (probably) is then leave :V I don't think TNT know how to keep their customers ahaha
hah

#29 Perona

Perona
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

While I wouldn't be surprised if TNT bung the whole thing up I'm still hopeful. The Battledome has been needing an update for a very long time now.

I see a lot of people who want a war or BD plot, however these days the interest in the BD has been dwindling so I couldn't really see it happening again with the old BD. If the update is good and manages to get more players interested in the BD, then it would hopefully lead to a plot or at least more regular updates like new challengers, new DoN etc.

#30 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Battledome had more players tonight than I've seen in awhile. Good time to selling those healing potions. I wonder, horde weapons for after "the change". Surely more will play, for awhile. Interesting.

#31 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Should be a good time to stock up on some battledome-related items which will probably inflate as people get ready to try out the new system.

#32 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

I predict this change will be as popular as conversion/customization.

#33 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

So the battledome is going to be "down" for an undetermined amount of time. What is going to happen to your price for a scroll of liquid fire during that time, who's going to buy healers, freezing potions???

Think, think, think

#34 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Surely whatever they do, it can't get any worse. Although why couldn't they leave the old BD up as well..?

#35 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Surely whatever they do, it can't get any worse. Although why couldn't they leave the old BD up as well..?

That's the part I really don't understand. It's fairly obvious that they don't have a dev environment and that they test all their changes against their production systems but unless there's some sort of shared system both BDs would leverage, I just don't get why they couldn't leave the old one up. The fact that they won't leave it up tells me that they're making changes to existing systems - whether that means changing what certain stats do, what certain weapons do, etc, I don't know...but it has to be changing something that the existing dome uses.

#36 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

#37 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

That's the part I really don't understand. It's fairly obvious that they don't have a dev environment and that they test all their changes against their production systems but unless there's some sort of shared system both BDs would leverage, I just don't get why they couldn't leave the old one up. The fact that they won't leave it up tells me that they're making changes to existing systems - whether that means changing what certain stats do, what certain weapons do, etc, I don't know...but it has to be changing something that the existing dome uses.

Ah Cript, if you keep talking sense I don't know what I'm going to do.

You remember they just updated the Species specific abilities? I don't want to hazard a guess if battling and/or training will be reborn in such a manner that current weapons have the same usage.

#38 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

You remember they just updated the Species specific abilities? I don't want to hazard a guess if battling and/or training will be reborn in such a manner that current weapons have the same usage.

I'd guess the weapon stats will remain the same unless they add some kind of new abilities or new icon types but I can't really see that happening.

#39 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

Think they'll get rid of all the old challengers?

noooooooooooooo I hope they don't, I haven't got all the avatars yet :<

#40 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

I'd guess the weapon stats will remain the same unless they add some kind of new abilities or new icon types but I can't really see that happening.

I do, that would make sense why they are shutting down, while they regenerate all weapon stats and abilities.

#41 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

I do, that would make sense why they are shutting down

I'd say that's so they have adequate time to install, debug and test it all fully before final release to avoid looking completely incompetent if they released it full of bugs. :p

#42 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

Then why take down the existing system.

#43 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

Then why take down the existing system.

So they can clear the fight records during testing as they mentioned in the beta sign up page? If you had people using the beta and the current one at the same time you'd have to track player stats separately whereas they can just use the one system if they take down the current version.

#44 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

Do you think they will retire the normal oponents? I still need a few upgrades to my DoN1 trophy.

#45 sbetta

sbetta
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

My guess is that they're going to incorporate agility somehow--maybe NQ2 style, where it affects how fast your turn comes. Perhaps spruce up the faerie abilities (make levels actually do something?), maybe even re-incorporate the idea of petpets helping in the battledome. Or they'll just make it some ghastly Flash abomination. It's TNT, so who knows?

I'm praying the prizes will be codestones/neggs. Codestone training has already been ridiculously expensive lately, and if more people start training in anticipation of the new battledome, it's going to get even worse.

#46 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

My guess is that they're going to incorporate agility somehow--maybe NQ2 style, where it affects how fast your turn comes. Perhaps spruce up the faerie abilities (make levels actually do something?), maybe even re-incorporate the idea of petpets helping in the battledome. Or they'll just make it some ghastly Flash abomination. It's TNT, so who knows?

I'm praying the prizes will be codestones/neggs. Codestone training has already been ridiculously expensive lately, and if more people start training in anticipation of the new battledome, it's going to get even worse.

I'd be really surprised if they went with flash since it's on the way out now in favour of HTML5.

#47 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

To be on the safe side, you should probably get the rest of the BD avatars now in case TNT fucks up something again.

Also, consider investing in codestones because whatever changes (it's not like they're really gonna go from scratch) they make in the BD, the crappy levelling system won't be one of them.

#48 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

has anyone here already got picked out to test the beta ? any specific date TNT will tell you ?

#49 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

has anyone here already got picked out to test the beta ? any specific date TNT will tell you ?

the 'old' battledome hasn't even gone down yet, I think it will probably take a while until they start picking beta testers

#50 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

the 'old' battledome hasn't even gone down yet, I think it will probably take a while until they start picking beta testers

Well they said in the next week or so, so October 4 and today is the 10 so ya they could start choosing them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users