Quantcast

Photo

Do you support gay marriage??

• Please log in to reply
420 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you support gay marriage (276 member(s) have cast votes)

do you support gay marriage?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#401 Swar

Swar
  • com muito orgulho, com muito amor <3

• 9,066 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:56 AM

Doesn't matter if you do or don't support it anymore!

You know there are other countries in the world, right?

#402 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

You know there are other countries in the world, right?

Wait whatttttttt I thought America was the world #merica

#403 talbs

talbs
  • 4,055 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

EDIT: Decided it would be best not to post.

Edited by talbs, 26 June 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#404 Karla

Karla
  • I live, I learn, I rule.

• 2,345 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:09 AM

Religions should be banned asap.

As long as someone doesn't abuse their religion, it doesn't have to be banned.  

There are religious people who do support gay marriage, and then there are those religious supremacists who think it's wrong, and will use any means necessary to punish/outlaw it.  Those are the people who should be "banned." :p

#405 Rocket

Rocket
  • Ginger Snapped

• 6,990 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:24 AM

EDIT: Decided it would be best not to post.

oh come on this is the debate section

There are religious people who do support gay marriage, and then there are those religious supremacists who think it's wrong, and will use any means necessary to punish/outlaw it.  Those are the people who should be "banned." :p

I agree with you on this.

#406 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:34 AM

Religious freedom does not mean anyone has the right to suppress others.

#407 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua

• 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:11 PM

Religious freedom does not mean anyone has the right to suppress others.

This. This this this, this this, this.A thousand times, this.

Now if the religious in power would just feel this way. :/

#408 Rocket

Rocket
  • Ginger Snapped

• 6,990 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:24 PM

There are so many people (family members) posting their outrage at today's decision on facebook.

I really just want to shake them. Love is love, who cares if it's same sex or not.

#409 talbs

talbs
  • 4,055 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:36 PM

oh come on this is the debate section

Yeah I know. But I don't have anything to debate. I understand both sides, and like with most political topics, my mind (as well as most peoples) was already made up. A good sound argument isn't going to change that.

The votes in this poll are clear and I don't want to become Talbs the hate-mongering bigot, if I'm not already. I ultimately couldn't care less about the outcome of today's ruling. I am not gay (and have no issues with those who are) so it doesn't affect me. However, since I am allowed to have an opinion in this great country, I do not support it, which is what my initial post said. Luckily for the citizens of this country, my opinion doesn't count for much, and that's okay.

Edited by talbs, 26 June 2015 - 12:36 PM.

#410 Rocket

Rocket
  • Ginger Snapped

• 6,990 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:41 PM

Yeah I know. But I don't have anything to debate. I understand both sides, and like with most political topics, my mind (as well as most peoples) was already made up. A good sound argument isn't going to change that.

The votes in this poll are clear and I don't want to become Talbs the hate-mongering bigot, if I'm not already. I ultimately couldn't care less about the outcome of today's ruling. I am not gay (and have no issues with those who are) so it doesn't affect me. However, since I am allowed to have an opinion in this great country, I do not support it, which is what my initial post said. Luckily for the citizens of this country, my opinion doesn't count for much, and that's okay.

If everyone hated each other for a difference of opinion we wouldn't get very far in life.

You're not hated and entitled to think that way. I just like to hear all sides regardless of if I agree or not.

#411 talbs

talbs
  • 4,055 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:48 PM

If everyone hated each other for a difference of opinion we wouldn't get very far in life.

Hey this is the internet. People hate other groups for thinking differently all the time, then fail to realize the irony.

#412 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1,097 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

Hey this is the internet. People hate other groups for thinking differently all the time, then fail to realize the irony.

So... why do you disagree with the ruling?

#413 Romy

Romy
  • Ableist Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4,738 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:02 PM

Of course.

What's next? People marrying animals? That's the natural progression of this ruling.

#414 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1,097 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:17 PM

Of course.

What's next? People marrying animals? That's the natural progression of this ruling.

We don't need a devil's advocate, we have an actual person who disagrees.

#415 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3,873 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:17 PM

JAa1IMc.jpg

#416 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4,616 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:19 PM

Of course. Having said that, I also don't understand why gay people would WANT to get married given its primarily a religious thing and most (if not all) religions condemn homosexuality.

But I guess it should always be an option., no reason for it not to be

Marriage is not primarily religious. People may bring their religion into their marriage, and different religions have their own ideas on marriage, but you don't have to be religious to get married.

Also, not all religions condemn homosexuality. Many pagan religions, Unitarian Universalism, Hinduism, and sects of Buddhism are cool with it. I'm sure there are more. Even Christianity's condemnation of homosexuality is questionable at best given that the majority of the passages that mention it are Old Testament and those that aren't were written mostly in context of condemning non-consensual sex and sex with prostitutes.

#417 Henry700

Henry700
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:16 AM

It doesn't really matter to me

#418 Chuuya

Chuuya
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:21 AM

To be honest I don't really care because marriage is just a document you don't need it to prove or show your love, having said that if you must insist , I think people should be able to marry whoever they want, man, woman, animal, table? which ever makes you happy 

Edited by Chuuya, 27 June 2015 - 11:24 AM.

#419 darigans

darigans
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

Yes. Surprised there are any no votes on here :unsure:

#420 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4,346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

To be honest I don't really care because marriage is just a document you don't need it to prove or show your love, having said that if you must insist , I think people should be able to marry whoever they want, man, woman, animal, table? which ever makes you happy 

I love lamp.

#421 Sehunie

Sehunie
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:26 AM

I do, bi/lesbian/gays are people as well, and if two persons want to marry, it's ridiculous to forbid them from doing so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users