Quantcast

Photo

Have you neomailed people your contact info?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 jhg131

jhg131
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Edited by jhg131, 24 April 2014 - 12:07 AM.

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Why would you do that? Their online personality can be very different from who they really are. Go into the world and make real friends, not ones on an online children's game. Also, if they're horrible, and hack your email, there goes your neopets account. (they can then send the pass/pin to your email, then change the words and lock you out of your email.) 

Never trust anyone online. 

For putting spaces: No. It's the same with trying to spell out tumblr and facebook and google on the neoboards, it's bypassing the rules and the mods will warn/silence/freeze/suspend you for it. (yes, they do notice things. The actual TNT staff however aren't good at finding cheaters and freezing legit players). 

There is a good reason for that rule, pedophiles and creepers lurk online, pretending to be wonderful people so they can get contact info and harass you. 

I'd say it's not really a good idea to send contact info at all, just keep using neomail. If your inbox fills up, just delete the messages. 

I don't give my contact info to anyone on the internet, in general it's not a safe idea to do so. 

Edited by Satsuki, 11 September 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#3 jhg131

jhg131
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

For those who want to risk their lives with random stranger online who only really want to to harvest your kidneys, I, the indicatively unexceptional Keil, will grant you my great and vast wisdom that will save you from all your qualms and inhibitions. Dare not speak, but listen with an open heart:

OMG, like, um... move the convo to like the Jellyneo forums and stuff. lol teehee~

#5 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

one time noit got silenced for telling me to hit him on skype

#6 jhg131

jhg131
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

#7 itsfrananne

itsfrananne
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

For those who want to risk their lives with random stranger online who only really want to to harvest your kidneys, I, the indicatively unexceptional Keil, will grant you my great and vast wisdom that will save you from all your qualms and inhibitions. Dare not speak, but listen with an open heart:

OMG, like, um... move the convo to like the Jellyneo forums and stuff. lol teehee~

I risked my life to meet a random stranger online. Met him on RuneScape O.o

We're now engaged to be married and have the best gaming relationship ever.  ;)

#8 thefish

thefish
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

i have made quite a few friends in neopets and our guild acutally meets in real life once in awhile haha, we mostly insinuate about the site we want to meet on

#9 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

I risked my life to meet a random stranger online. Met him on RuneScape O.o

We're now engaged to be married and have the best gaming relationship ever.  ;)

He's still probably after your kidneys. It's all an elaborate rouse. 

#10 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Sorry about that reply, I wasn't trying to imply you didn't have any friends or anything. I had a friend annoying me pretty bad when I was typing that, and the annoyance went into that.

If you're not meeting up, I'd say its ok to give your email/im to your friend.

I'm still amazed your friends mom married someone she met on neo..

#11 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

I met someone online from neo. We're fb friends or w/e, but we started from e-mail. I wrote on one of my pets page story thingy with words that are very similar like: Yip Yip (e-mail adress) Yahooo~! Ilikemeepetsforever (name thingy UN)
at the first word ;3

#12 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Why would you do that? Their online personality can be very different from who they really are. Go into the world and make real friends, not ones on an online children's game. Also, if they're horrible, and hack your email, there goes your neopets account. (they can then send the pass/pin to your email, then change the words and lock you out of your email.) 

For putting spaces: No. It's the same with trying to spell out tumblr and facebook and google on the neoboards, it's bypassing the rules and the mods will warn/silence/freeze/suspend you for it. (yes, they do notice things. The actual TNT staff however aren't good at finding cheaters and freezing legit players). 

There is a good reason for that rule, pedophiles and creepers lurk online, pretending to be wonderful people so they can get contact info and harass you. 

I'd say it's not really a good idea to send contact info at all, just keep using neomail. If your inbox fills up, just delete the messages. 

I don't give my contact info to anyone on the internet, in general it's not a safe idea to do so. 

This.

I've had bad experiences with friends I've met online. Stay away.

#13 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

This.

I've had bad experiences with friends I've met online. Stay away.

Ehhh :0 I've had mostly good experiences with getting to know internet friends better in private and if they start harassing you or doing things you don't like you can just block them. Honestly, not everyone on the internet is out there to get you! They just want a new friend :3

But yeah uhh if you're gonna be posting like email addresses and all you should be careful because TNT catches this and you can get silenced/whatever for it! Maybe put it in like an image and put it on a petpage until they add/contact you then take it down?

Edited by Turnip, 11 September 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#14 jhg131

jhg131
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Sorry about that reply, I wasn't trying to imply you didn't have any friends or anything. I had a friend annoying me pretty bad when I was typing that, and the annoyance went into that.

If you're not meeting up, I'd say its ok to give your email/im to your friend.

I'm still amazed your friends mom married someone she met on neo..

Yeah np. My friend and I are too, and she doesn't really like him lol. 

#15 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

Ehhh :0 I've had mostly good experiences with getting to know internet friends better in private and if they start harassing you or doing things you don't like you can just block them. Honestly, not everyone on the internet is out there to get you! They just want a new friend :3

But yeah uhh if you're gonna be posting like email addresses and all you should be careful because TNT catches this and you can get silenced/whatever for it! Maybe put it in like an image and put it on a petpage until they add/contact you then take it down?

True enough... I guess if you're just careful about it there will be no problems :) just some people...

#16 zombiezack

zombiezack
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

I stayed a week with someone I met on this site. I don't think she took any of my organs but I did wake up with a sore sphincter one morn

#17 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

One of my good friends is from Neo. We swapped Skypes and then we swapped phone numbers and now I whatsapp her on a regular basis. xD

#18 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

make a graphic with your email on it. upload it and put it in one of your side account pet's petpage. later, just ask the person to view the petpage to see your email.

a lot of work, yes, but that's how websites like sunnyneo and jellyneo first promote their websites... by putting the link in petpages using images.

#19 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

I think people tend to get overly hung up over a media channel which allows you to essentially communicate with one another. Sure neopets is different (due to its tendency to attract kids and spammers, not to mention its not-so-smart boards), but as long as you feel that you know the person well enough, you can always open up communication bit by bit. It's not as through you're going to immediately see the person in real-life.

#20 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

I've got a few people's facebooks from neopets. One of them slipped by TNT radar. The other two didn't. Not sure if it was caught on my end or theirs. I say something like, hey do you bookface? But I think TNT has caught on to that? LOL, 36 hour silence. Pffft. Bull, if we are of age, and they have a damned facebook login, we whould be able to give our facebook to who we choose. They can't protect everyone. They aren't mommies and daddies. My parents were not that strict. I never got tape put over my mouth for 36 hours.

2mhhrt2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users