Are you tired of sinking cash into Candy Crush?
Are you tired of being 1 move away but always falling short?
Are you tired of being stuck on the same level for weeks?
Perhaps you are tired of that one guy who always has the high score and you want to show him up!
If these are what ails you, then Scot The Hissi Oil Salesman has what you need to cure even the most petty of wants!
Using the magic of Cheat Engine I will show you how to fly past those pesky levels unburdened by restrictions! You can even sync your progress with your mobile devices!
To get started, make sure you have Cheat Engine installed. AoB veterans will be familiar with the first few steps.
1. Navigate to Candy Crush and start any untimed level. Click the icon shown in the screen below.
2. Select the flash player. On Firefox it will almost always be the bottom one. (Chrome users will have to use trial and error but you will know when you find the right process when you get to step 3 and 4 and your moves start changing the results in the left window. But I'm jumping ahead here.)
3. Enter the current number of moves in the search box. Make sure 'Exact Value' is selected and click 'New Scan'. You will get a list of all memory addresses containing the search value, 45 in my case.
4. What you want to do is isolate only the address containing the number of moves so you make 1 move on the game board. Then change the value in the search box to that number and click 'Next Scan' to search within results. Keep making moves and clicking 'Next Scan' until the results stop trimming down the list. Newer versions of Cheat Engine will highlight the values that change automatically so you can actually just keep your eye on the red values. When you have one address left, that is your move count. (It won't always be one address left. When you keep making moves and filtering with Next Scan and the results won't trim down anymore, those are the results you use.)
5. Highlight the results in the left window and click the arrow to save them down in the edit window.
6. Select all relevant addresses you just saved. Right click → Change record → value. Change to any number you want and that number will be reflected in the game window. You can edit this again at anytime to give yourself more or less moves to control scoring.
Editing countdown bombs: Same steps as editing moves but you have to do it for each bomb. You can always clear the bomb but if you don't see any possible moves and your timer is really low you can do this to extend the timer.
1. Start by searching for the number of remaining bomb moves under 'Exact Value' and 'First Scan'.
*You can clear out the old addresses in the editing window if you want, they don't reference anything anymore but they will pile up when you play multiple levels in succession.
2. For illustration purposes I will not clear the bomb. Instead I'll just make a random move to lower the countdown to 11, then I click Next Scan.
3. Here the results were still not satisfying so I made another move, lowering my count to 10. Notice I could have pressed Next Scan but since there were only 3 results and 2 of them changed to 10 I can skip that because I have the information I was looking for.
4. Send the results to the edit window. Select both of them and change value to 99. In the screenshot I highlighted edit address by mistake, it should be edit value.
Editing Score: You can always inflate your score by adding or subtracting moves but for timed levels you may not play fast enough so use this method to edit your score to reach the required score and you will automatically win when the timer is up.
1. Make any move and enter your current score into the search box. Click 'New Scan' or 'First Scan'.
2. Make another move and enter the score into the box, then click 'Next Scan'.
3. I made several moves to ensure my results were accurate.
4. When you get 3-4 results, send them to the edit window.
5. Edit the score to whatever you want.
Happy cheating and stop wasting your sweet sweet advanced subscription money on Facebook games.