Photo

Protecting an 8 1/2 year old account

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Reddiquai

Reddiquai
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I have a few questions regarding my account. 

My main account was created in 2005 and has sentimental value to me. This is my active account so how would I go about ABing without being frozen? I would like to be able to use this account when autobuying, but I don't know how to go about it. Today I ABed for about 15 minutes before I realized I didn't know what I was doing and should ask you guys. Is it possible I could make another account to AB on? The issue here though is that it would be on the same IP.

#2 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

Yes, this is a common concern. Many people use side accounts, with completely different account information and try to minimize the links between side and main accounts.

You can utilise a proxy to tunnel your traffic through to neopets, to make it look like you're accessing it from a completely different IP address.

#3 Dance

Dance
  • 106 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

Create, or buy, a shell and NEVER login on the same ip address, this means you can never check or even visit petpages without a proxy on this account. You basically want neopets to make no connection between your two account and if two account ever use the same IP it'll be a pretty glaring notice to TNT saying "Hey this is my main I'm halfheartedly acting like is not mine, ice me!".

#4 Reddiquai

Reddiquai
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

You basically want neopets to make no connection between your two account and if two account ever use the same IP

How would I go about using a proxy?

#5 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

Don't AB if you are not willing to risk getting frozen. Read some guides on here first before starting if you know nothing about it.

#6 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

http://www.neocodex....-abrosia-style/

I found this very useful when you are just starting

#7 ravenfrost

ravenfrost
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

In other words: Don't bot on your main (any bot) if you don't want to risk your account.

I'd say use proxies.

#8 Dance

Dance
  • 106 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

One method that I've used is that I created a side on a proxy from a different country and wrote everything in a different language. It's not necessary but it's worked for me.

#9 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

As people have said above but for me I used to AB on my main (dont AB anymore) but only ABed for short periods and stuck away from high risk shops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users