Source: anything that feels good is bad for you

#52 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

Source: anything that feels good is bad for you

I just meant those people who are literally doing it 20 times a day and can't actually function properly haha.

That was a really random example. IT was just to get the point across.

#53 MichaelA

MichaelA
  • Very Hard to Shoot

• 484 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

I just meant those people who are literally doing it 20 times a day and can't actually function properly haha.

That was a really random example. IT was just to get the point across.

0.o

#54 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

0.o

I'll try and think of a better example.

Drinking 5L of pop a day for a year is probably more damaging to your system than marijuana. Doesn't mean marijuana should be legal.

#55 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

Drinking 5L of pop a day for a year is probably more damaging to your system than marijuana. Doesn't mean marijuana should be legal.

I get your argument :p

But on the other side then, what are the harmful effects of marijuana? What's a good reason to keep it illegal?

#56 MichaelA

MichaelA
  • Very Hard to Shoot

• 484 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

ik marijuana isn't harmful i would love to know why you belive it should not to be legal all due respect

#57 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

^ Oh god, this is one of the reasons I don't like being pro-cannabis. I'm outie

#58 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

I get your argument :p

But on the other side then, what are the harmful effects of marijuana? What's a good reason to keep it illegal?

I don't think it should be illegal at all. I definitely think it should be decriminalized 100%

I just think people need a better reason to make it legal than "It's less harmful than things that ARE" legal.

And it kinda runs short. And in Canada it's basically decriminalized to the point where it's almost legal.

ik marijuana isn't harmful i would love to know why you belive it should not to be legal all due respect

Similar reason as I've said. I absolutely have nothing against marijuana (hell, I've smoked it) I just think people need a stronger opinion on the issue instead of "It's not that bad, y'know?"

#59 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

I don't think it should be illegal at all. I definitely think it should be decriminalized 100%

I just think people need a better reason to make it legal than "It's less harmful than things that ARE" legal.

And it kinda runs short. And in Canada it's basically decriminalized to the point where it's almost legal.

That's true, I totally see your point. There are plenty of other reasons other than that, so there's really no need for that specific view I guess.

#60 MichaelA

MichaelA
  • Very Hard to Shoot

• 484 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Similar reason as I've said. I absolutely have nothing against marijuana (hell, I've smoked it) I just think people need a stronger opinion on the issue instead of "It's not that bad, y'know?"

i agree 100%

#61 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

That being said, I am worried if marijuana does become legal because

a) I've seen people high at work and they get no shit done and it pisses me off

b) I know a lot of people who are just so not fun to be around when they're high.

That's not everyone of course. I know people who show up to work drunk and people who are awful drunk and it's about personal choices and personality types.

I also think that there are other issues that are "more important" (at least in Canada since marijauan legalization is the smallest deal here) to take care of first.

#62 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

I feel like we've had this debate before... nonetheless I feel we should legalize and tax it.

In California, Colorado, and Washington the states with the freest laws pertaining marijuana we've seen their local economies bursting and state revenues are at all time highs. The main benefits that I'm seeing on the state level are increased budgets for schools and more funds for local library's and community services.

#63 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

I feel like we've had this debate before... nonetheless I feel we should legalize and tax it.

In California, Colorado, and Washington the states with the freest laws pertaining marijuana we've seen their local economies bursting and state revenues are at all time highs. The main benefits that I'm seeing on the state level are increased budgets for schools and more funds for local library's and community services.

But what about the problem of people going to dealers anyway because it's a) Cheaper b) More convenient and c) they kinda have a rapport with the person?

#64 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

But they can function properly and be productive members of society if they choose to be. Weed doesn't physically debilitate you.

Not everyone acts irresponsibly under the influence of marijuana.

#65 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

But they can function properly and be productive members of society if they choose to be. Weed doesn't physically debilitate you.

Not everyone acts irresponsibly under the influence of marijuana.

Oh agreed. There's no reason to assume that people will abuse marijuana more than they would abuse alcohol (such as drinking and driving, going to work drunk/high etc.) but that's a small concern if anything. It's more like "i wonder if it'll be worse then fizzle out or maybe nothing will happen at all" and I'd just observe.

That being said, if my friends decided to be high 100% of the time because it's legal that would be freaking annoying. Or 100% drunk all the tiem for that matter

#66 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

I think 100% under the influence of any mind/body altering substance is too much. A small amount is completely different then being so high you eat all your baby's coco puffs.

#67 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

I think 100% under the influence of any mind/body altering substance is too much. A small amount is completely different then being so high you eat all your baby's coco puffs.

It really blew my mind when I found out adults smoke pot regularly.

I also didn't know that adults drank constantly. I'm so sheltered.

#68 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

It really blew my mind when I found out adults smoke pot regularly.

I also didn't know that adults drank constantly. I'm so sheltered.

What I really meant was spending the bulk of your awake time under the influence of anything isn't good for you as you don't actually get time to normally function.

#69 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

Source?

You've never gotten a blister? ::hides palms::

That being said, I am worried if marijuana does become legal because

a) I've seen people high at work and they get no shit done and it pisses me off

b) I know a lot of people who are just so not fun to be around when they're high.

That's not everyone of course. I know people who show up to work drunk and people who are awful drunk and it's about personal choices and personality types.

I also think that there are other issues that are "more important" (at least in Canada since marijauan legalization is the smallest deal here) to take care of first.

I also worry about people who can't deal with running out like a functioning adult.

#70 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

I think it's up to the users digression, but yeah, why not? I think legalizing it would also help reduce trafficking and organized crime.

#71 MichaelA

MichaelA
  • Very Hard to Shoot

• 484 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

I think it's up to the users digression, but yeah, why not? I think legalizing it would also help reduce trafficking and organized crime.

amen 

#72 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

amen 

:3 Cheers man. But yeah, I think it'd be more useful to society to eliminate victims of organised crime rather than put marijuana users in prison and clog up the justice system? If you don't like it then don't use it!

#73 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:53 AM

It is more of a civil liberty issue than a health one which most governments claim.

#74 EvilBunnyFooFoo

EvilBunnyFooFoo
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

Personally think it should be legal... Taxed, etc. Why not make profit on it and cut down the drug wars? Should have done it a long time ago.

#75 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

So you're saying it needs a reason to be legal?

I'd rather live somewhere where things like marijuana legalization need a reason to be illegal. Because I like liberty.

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marijuana, 420, legal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users