Secret Obsession

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

Do you collect something? Absolutely need to have a non-important item with you at all times? OCD? Have to have chapstick on your lips 24/7? Tell me, what's your secret obsession?

Mine is virtual pets. I have over 50 giga pets/tamagotchis that I still play (obviously not all at once).

#2 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

I would say virtual pets is up there. Also comic books. I have entirely too many comic books and I seem to keep buying more and more. xD I like to have gum on me pretty much 24/7.

I'm trying to think if there is anything else.... I'm not super OCD about anything really.

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

Since I got married, none of my obsessions have to be my secret anymore.
It's been something of a relief.

#4 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

I have fuckton of wrestling action figures and Monster High dolls. My family tends to also buy a lot of board and card games. We haven't sold or given away any books in the past 20 years, so those have sort of stacked up. We have a craft room full of papers, yarn, beads, ribbons, paints, you name it. We really REALLY love stuff.

#5 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

Well if its a secret that barely anyone knows, I enjoy using weights a lot... Like obsessively love to lift...  I just don't have proper weights only 2 dumbells and a crappy barbell... Everyone basically thinks I'm a wimp and so far the few people who know have told me its so weird knowing I love to lift. 

Then there's a secret like probably no one knows? Uhm... Its not really an obsession but a mere weird thing but I like to imagine i have another dudes body, like someone who I think legitimately looks ok/good... I sound creepy now almost as if I'm saying i'm attracted to guys bodies but its more of a weird part of myself that I wish I looked like another guy, probably because of my low self esteem when it comes to my own body and weight etc 

Then there is an obsession I have which sorta isn't secret but I am into spirituality of all sorts and was so obsessed at 1 point I had done a bunch of spiritual courses and shit. :3 

#6 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

Love to daydream, create stories in my mind based off of things i watch. Whenever im not doing anything i sit there and daydream or before i sleep.

#7 Daviid

Daviid
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:59 AM

I collect seashells and sea glass.

I fucking love sea glass.

Spoiler

And I'm also obsessed with punctuality, I hate being late and hate to be waiting.

#8 pistola

pistola
  • 437 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:17 AM

i have so many baseball cards i fill a room with them. from the 60s and up, and tons of memorabilia like signed balls and bats. my father lived and breathed baseball so as a result i do to. giga and tamagotchis... i havent seen those since i was in kindergarden/1st grade TWENTY years ago!!! thats insane!

#9 Muffin

Muffin
  • 174 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:17 AM

I have an obsession with maleficent. (the animated sleeping beauty version, not anjelina jolie). ne of bedroom walls is becoming a shrine to her, i cosplay her at a lot of conventions and do kids parties as her with my friend who does Aurora XD

#10 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:26 AM

I don't have secrets.

My obsession with food gets weird sometimes though.

#11 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

x

#12 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:39 AM

Mh one thing that comes to mind is that I sleep a lot better with the familiar scent of my bedding. Which means that I sometimes take my blanket with me when I have to stay overnight somewhere and I'll have a much more pleasant night (otherwise, I don't sleep well). That's some sort of obsession at least.

As for collecting, I love collecting in general. This is why I don't want to start new games because I get too invested into collecting all the stuff >.<" I collect PVC figures, garage kits, anime/video game music and Eeveelution Pokemon cards ^^

Edited by Eefi, 05 June 2014 - 06:45 AM.

#13 Lan

Lan
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:04 AM

I Collecthoard Novelty erasers and guitar picks  I'm Just glad they're small because Clutter makes me beep

#14 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

If I said I collected makeup would that make my unhealthy buying obsession with it more acceptable? Because that shit is my drug. Nars and Urban Decay, all day, everyday.

#15 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

Anyone who knows me in real life will say: I'm obsessed with makeup (blogs, youtube, buying, looking, everything) @Kat i'm in the same boat as you on that one. 

Another obsession is painting my nails. I have total OCD about chipped nail polish so as soon as it chips, I repaint. 

#16 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

Anyone who knows me in real life will say: I'm obsessed with makeup (blogs, youtube, buying, looking, everything) @Kat i'm in the same boat as you on that one. 

Another obsession is painting my nails. I have total OCD about chipped nail polish so as soon as it chips, I repaint. 

Yay another makeup lover! <3

There are dozens of us! DOZENS!

#17 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

I'm not really obsessed in collecting or improving anything ability wise, but I'm so very OCD about the way people eat. If someone eats in a way I disapprove of, I plot ways for them to burn in Hell from slow simmer to bubbling boil to direct flame to waiting in the DMV lines.

Ex. When people eat Twix/Kitkat/Pocky in bunches or in giant gulps. People should eat the sticks one at a time in a paper-shredding type of deal. Also for yoguhrt, I never "scoop" and then put the spoon in my mouth. I dip and (erotically) lick off sections of the spoon until I need to dip again.

#18 Ajones

Ajones
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Love the replies!! Lol!

Mine is neopet shopping! I run that wizard like a maniac! Definitely OCD'ish (and embarrassing!)

#19 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

Also for yoguhrt, I never "scoop" and then put the spoon in my mouth. I dip and (erotically) lick off sections of the spoon until I need to dip again.

Jesus Christ. That's enough!

*slams door*

#20 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

Mh one thing that comes to mind is that I sleep a lot better with the familiar scent of my bedding. Which means that I sometimes take my blanket with me when I have to stay overnight somewhere and I'll have a much more pleasant night (otherwise, I don't sleep well). That's some sort of obsession at least.

Since I was a kid, I always had to bring my own pillow if I am sleeping somewhere. Hotels, family, friends...didn't matter. I am still the same way. It smells familiar.

#21 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

Well it's not really a secret anymore to my surroundings I think, but I love ugly things. I love ugly pets, ugly sweaters, ugly trinkets. And it's not that I find them pretty, I genuinely think they're ugly; and that's what appeals to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#22 Mizk

Mizk
  • 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

I never "scoop" and then put the spoon in my mouth. I dip and (erotically) lick off sections of the spoon until I need to dip again.

Hah, I do the same thing. I didn't even realize it until I ate yogurt in front of someone for the first time. I was like "hmm... this is probably a bit awkward to watch"

#23 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

Well it's not really a secret anymore to my surroundings I think, but I love ugly things. I love ugly pets, ugly sweaters, ugly trinkets. And it's not that I find them pretty, I genuinely think they're ugly; and that's what appeals to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/size]

Ooh, I really like ugly buildings! Like I always find power stations oddly 'attractive' even though I know they're mostly eyesores. That's not an obsession though. Just commenting. :p

I don't think I have any...

#24 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

I like collecting crystals and minerals... I like to read into both the metaphysical and chemical properties of the substances. I know the metaphysical is a psuedoscience, but I don't care. I like it anyways. But the different crystalline structures and transition metal energy states which manipulate the UV/V absorption is just plain cool. In corundum, Ti makes it a sapphire while Cr makes it a ruby, but it's still the same crystal lattice and umm... I'll stop now...

2exmscl.jpg

#25 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

I always have to have a tube of chap stick. I also still buy physical CDs of bands that I enjoy. MP3s are cool but I'd much rather have something I can hold/read and always fall back to in the event I were to lose a digital copy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users