• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#26 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:04 AM

Math. No, really. I went to tutoring for math from grade 6 to grade 11. My tutor told my parents that I had a learning disability in math LOL.

I didn't need it senior year because I didn't have to take math. We had these yearly statewide tests called the FCAT, and the years to had to pass were grade 4 (to go to middle school), grade 8 (to go to high school), and grade 10 (to graduate). Guess what? Those were the only years I've ever passed in my life. From third grade to senior year. 

Thankfully, I only had to take one math class for my major in college. I passed with a C.

#27 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:06 AM

It's always been math for me. I only got my first A in math this year after 11 years of school, plus it's been determined I have what's known as a "non-verbal learning disability" which makes math really hard because it can be mainly pictures.

#28 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

Probably history and geography. Geography more so, but I'm getting better.

I used to think I was bad at math, but I'm really not if I have a good teaching method.

Science and English were always my strong points in school.

#29 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:19 AM

I was that odd child that loved school, so As across the board in secondary school. Then I got to college, and it all went to shit with Biology. It's officially the Worst Subject Ever.

#30 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

Oh man, weaknesses... I have way too many to tell. I'm only really any good at Maths, and to a slightly lesser degree, the other hard sciences. And I'm quite good with computers, provided it's not the bullshit "explain in depth, with illustrated screenshots, how you've defragmented a hard drive" or "demonstrate how to sort a table in MS Excel" course I've recently finished.

And to everyone saying that they dislike geography, I can sympathise with that easily. Spending 2/3 years learning about oxbow lakes, erosion, rivers and that general sort of shit from some constantly PMSing bitch who smiles about once every leap year? No, thank you.

heh heh maths

For me it's not even the ox-bow lake stuff; no one in school really makes you learn the capitals of the world or describe history outside of North America (for me anyway) so I don't know a damn thing about South America. Mayans? Aztecs? Drug cartels? I dunno.

I'm good at every subject but I suck at being a person.

I feel the same way aside from the "every subject" aspect

My friend is a theoretical physicist (brilliant guy) but he can't for the life of him doing biology. It's a mixture of he doesn't find it interesting and he's lazy as fuck.

#31 Violetmebe

Violetmebe
  • 109 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

Math.. hands down. I always sucked at it, yet I was good at English. I think I'd rather be better at English anyways :p

At school I always just passed my math class (which wasn't even a difficult math class either). Then never chose it again in year 12 lol.

#32 Lily

Lily
  • 279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

Weakest subject was definitely English Literature :( I can't analyze/comprehend poetry

#33 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

Geography :(

#34 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

physics and chemistry, hands down. they're so confusing and i'm not interested in them at all. 

#35 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

I'm horrible with anything that requires memorization...so history/geography are a no-go for me. 

#36 SNH

SNH
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

I'd say math, but I have a hard time paying attention to anything that doesn't interest me. I can re-study concepts 20 times over and get nothing out of it because it is so boring to me. Due to that, I always excelled in some areas of subjects than others. I also suck at knowing how to get places.

#37 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

Chemistry but I think because I had no interest. My Maths and Biology/Physics were very good so it wasn't that I wrote non-arts/humanities subjects off as a whole, I just had absolutely no natural aptitude for Chemistry and didn't particularly want to learn it.

Also Technology because up until GCSE it was modular so one term you did Textiles, the next you did Electronics etc. My friend and I got through the whole thing by taking on traditional gender roles so I did all our Textiles and Food Technology, then he did our Resistant Materials (basically woodwork) and Electronics. And then we both got through Graphics together, not that producing an isometric drawing of a house has ever helped me in this world. I truly despised Resistant Materials though.

#38 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

Also Technology because up until GCSE it was modular so one term you did Textiles, the next you did Electronics etc. My friend and I got through the whole thing by taking on traditional gender roles so I did all our Textiles and Food Technology, then he did our Resistant Materials (basically woodwork) and Electronics. And then we both got through Graphics together, not that producing an isometric drawing of a house has ever helped me in this world. I truly despised Resistant Materials though.

We were meant to get a choice if we chose Technology for our GCSE. I chose Electronics (duh), but everyone else picked Resistant Materials. So I had to do Resistant Materials.

In theory. I did no work, instead, and they asked me to drop the course.

#39 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

We were meant to get a choice if we chose Technology for our GCSE. I chose Electronics (duh), but everyone else picked Resistant Materials. So I had to do Resistant Materials.

In theory. I did no work, instead, and they asked me to drop the course.

We got a choice but our options were split into various groups that corresponded to timetabling segments and in order to do Music and Spanish which only had 2 classes of each, I couldn't do Textiles or Food Tech because they were in the same groups. <_< In hindsight, I should have opted for RM because all the boys I was friends with ended up in the same class at the same time as my Graphics class and they could have done my project for me. :(

Absolutely nobody got out of Tech. Everyone had to take a tech, a humanity and a language from the options list and then you had 2 "free" options to do what you liked with. You got out of doing a language if you were bottom set for all your core subjects...presumably because they thought your brain wouldn't cope but apart from that the system was pretty rigid. :(

#40 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Chemistry, if that counts. I was really good in every subject, especially all the basics. Didn't particularly struggle with any courses in college either.

#41 pistola

pistola
  • 437 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

i hate chemistry and geometry but enjoy some science and math. actually have a nutrition class this  coming fall semester that should be pretty interesting.

#42 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

I think perhaps languages for me probably because I was made to do two of them and I wasn't particularly interested in either so I ended up settling on Cs at GCSE. :/ Everything else I wasn't too bad in though I did opt out of Religious Education at GCSE because of the other extra GCSEs I had to do so I'm not sure how I would have done at that, I'd probably have not bothered with it I think.

#43 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

I don't think I ever really failed at anything because I had a hard time learning, it was more because I was lazy. Math I hated, I mean hated with a passion and nearly failed because I just didn't like doing it, I was good at it, I was even in advanced classes, I just disliked it.

And here I am doing mathy stuff for a living.

I always did good in science/chemistry because I'm a nerd and that shit fascinates me, same with history.

#44 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

I did opt out of Religious Education at GCSE because of the other extra GCSEs I had to do so I'm not sure how I would have done at that, I'd probably have not bothered with it I think.

Yet another thing we couldn't escape. <_< We had to do short course RE which I think counted as half a GCSE? Or you could opt to take the long course as your humanity.....I must have some stupid number of GCSEs.

#45 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Yet another thing we couldn't escape. <_< We had to do short course RE which I think counted as half a GCSE? Or you could opt to take the long course as your humanity.....I must have some stupid number of GCSEs.

All we had to do was get a letter from our parents saying we didn't want to do RE. :p It was never something which particularly interested me anyway so I figured it was probably better to use that time more productivity especially given that they made me do my Maths GCSE a year early and then made me do a Statistics GCSE as well. <_<

#46 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Compulsory RE? I went to a Christian Private Church school, and even we didn't have mandatory RE past third form :p

#47 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

All we had to do was get a letter from our parents saying we didn't want to do RE. :p It was never something which particularly interested me anyway so I figured it was probably better to use that time more productivity especially given that they made me do my Maths GCSE a year early and then made me do a Statistics GCSE as well. <_<

Yeah, all of top set Maths had to do Stats at our school. *gloom* Which was upsetting because I was doing AS Maths at the time and had purposefully avoided taking the Stats module.

Compulsory RE? I went to a Christian Private Church school, and even we didn't have mandatory RE past third form :p

I presume they were just upping the average number of subjects taken per kid or something.

#48 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

I presume they were just upping the average number of subjects taken per kid or something.

Poor bastards.
I also didn't have to do stats... mechanics all the way. It was like doing physics. Which was great, because I was also taking physics.
Less work ^_^

#49 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

Poor bastards.
I also didn't have to do stats... mechanics all the way. It was like doing physics. Which was great, because I was also taking physics.
Less work ^_^

I opted for Decision for AS. Dead easy.

#50 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

Poor bastards.
Less work ^_^

Mechanics at GCSE or AS/A-Level? I had to do Statistics, Mechanics and Pure Mathematics in my A-Levels but I think they might have changed them the year after I did mine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kate nudes, her nudes, are never weak, on subject, on point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users