• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#51 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

Mechanics at GCSE or AS/A-Level? I had to do Statistics, Mechanics and Pure Mathematics in my A-Levels but I think they might have changed them the year after I did mine.

I had "core" modules so did Core 1, Core 2, Decision 1 for AS, and then Core 3, Core 4, and I guess Decision 2 ( :/ Who knows. Can't remember) for A2. Only subject I took because I'd been good at GCSE and not because I wanted to. *Sigh* Hated every second of it. But I got it all out the way a year early which gave me room for an extra subject so there was an upside.

All entirely pointless of course because I needed a C in Music and an E in any other subject to get into RCM. :p

#52 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

anyone else completely lost with all this British talk going on? :p

#53 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

I had "core" modules so did Core 1, Core 2, Decision 1 for AS, and then Core 3, Core 4, and I guess Decision 2 ( :/ Who knows. Can't remember) for A2. Only subject I took because I'd been good at GCSE and not because I wanted to. *Sigh* Hated every second of it. But I got it all out the way a year early which gave me room for an extra subject so there was an upside.

All entirely pointless of course because I needed a C in Music and an E in any other subject to get into RCM. :p

I don't even have a clue what Core and Decision mean, I think they introduced that for the AS-Level ones in the year below when I was doing A2 so it means nothing to me. :p I was always going down the humanities route anyway so maths was chosen purely because I was decent at it at GCSE and didn't fancy doing English. xD

#54 Drasnia

Drasnia
  • 34 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

Chemistry. High school chem? Super easy. College chem? Please no.

#55 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

I think they introduced that for the AS-Level ones in the year below when I was doing A2 so it means nothing to me. :p

You're old. *nods*

I'm SO glad that in the UK we just keep cutting down and then only focus on 1 subject at degree. I'd have hated having to take loads of different courses. :/

#56 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Mechanics at GCSE or AS/A-Level? I had to do Statistics, Mechanics and Pure Mathematics in my A-Levels but I think they might have changed them the year after I did mine.

GCSE only. I can't even remember what A-levels I did right now O_o

#57 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

GCSE only. I can't even remember what A-levels I did right now O_o

Hmm, I didn't even realise they did Mechanics at GCSE level, we only got the option of Statistics. :/ I much prefer mechanics over statistics for the same reason as you, it's physics based and it's actually useful since there's an element of real-life in it.

#58 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

Hmm, I didn't even realise they did Mechanics at GCSE level, we only got the option of Statistics. :/ I much prefer mechanics over statistics for the same reason as you, it's physics based and it's actually useful since there's an element of real-life in it.

Of course, when I got to university and had to actually analyse real data sets... I kind of wished I'd had a grounding in stats before I got there :p But yeah, at least my GCSE years were simpler xD

#59 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

Of course, when I got to university and had to actually analyse real data sets... I kind of wished I'd had a grounding in stats before I got there :p But yeah, at least my GCSE years were simpler xD

Now you mention it I guess it was kind of useful considering I was the only person who'd done any kind of statistics in my undergraduate course, still didn't particularly enjoy it though. :p I did prefer it over Pure Maths though...I hated that.

#60 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

Now you mention it I guess it was kind of useful considering I was the only person who'd done any kind of statistics in my undergraduate course, still didn't particularly enjoy it though. :p I did prefer it over Pure Maths though...I hated that.

You did Geography...that's just colouring in, no? :p

#61 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

You did Geography...that's just colouring in, no? :p

Human geography. :p Slightly less colouring in and walking around in the hills/streams than physical geography (unfortunately) and more philosophy, statistics, economics, politics etc which ultimately adds up to a shit load of essay writing. Planning, however, is 90% colouring in pretty charts and maps!

#62 faerieneo11

faerieneo11
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

Being in Engineering and Physics...it's actually a surprise when people realize I'm not a total failure in art/English.

Now, anything requiring a lot of memorizing: bio, history-- that, I suck at. 

#63 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

Maths makes me wet. Afrikaans made me vomit.

#64 abbatoir

abbatoir
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

ART! Freaking title pages =/  Collages were fun though.

#65 goldenrevenge

goldenrevenge
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

english and history!

#66 Mastermind

Mastermind
  • 324 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:48 AM

Physics.

I'm not bad in it, but it's my weakest subject.

#67 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:25 AM

Physics.

I'm not bad in it, but it's my weakest subject.

"Mastermind", I am disappointed.

#68 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

I know someone that can only do maths in afrikaans, if he tries to do it in english he gets mega confused

#69 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:17 AM

"Mastermind", I am disappointed.

You're a teacher, you're not allowed to judge.

#70 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

You're a teacher, you're not allowed to judge.

Sure I am.

#71 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

Sure I am.

Nah, all your subjects are you weakest. That's why you're a teacher.

"Those that can't, teach"

#72 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

2X2= 89?

Yeah, cheered when I took my final high school math class.

#73 Sabre

Sabre
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

The humanities I suppose, I concentrated almost all of my efforts on maths/science in school

#74 WhiteMage

WhiteMage
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

I'm an Asian too but I stink at Math.

#75 MoonMoon

MoonMoon
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:09 AM

Weakest subject in high school: english. My friends say I'm very eloquent when speaking/typing, yet I have no god damn clue on how to write up a good essay for english.

Weakest subject in uni: statistics. Never been good with probability, so you can imagine how hard it is to study statistics at uni. All I wanted to study at uni was biology, but then stats is an important aspect of it as well. Woe is me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kate nudes, her nudes, are never weak, on subject, on point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users