Your thoughts on hunting

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#101 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

Hunting humans might be better since humans are completely useless.

well thats one hell of a way to look at the world...

#102 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

well thats one hell of a way to look at the world...

Animals agree with you.

#103 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:17 PM

I like to think that humans have an intelligence and consciousness more advanced than other animals :p

And this is living proof that your statement is invalid.

Edit: typo.

Edited by HiMyNameIsNick, 07 October 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#104 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

But seriously though... hunting is one of the oldest traditions, ever. It is going to continue to be around forever regardless of what some people believe.

#105 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:03 PM

I think hunting is a great way to obtain some seriously awesome food. (health and taste)  :drool: Hunting has got to be better than raising animals in a prison like environment to slaughter, the animal gets to enjoy it's natural surroundings and do it's animal stuff until "pop!" someone has a great meal on the table. How is that even suffering compared to all the other struggles in the animals life combined? Or compared to an indoor operation supplying super markets? Some people only eat vegetables cause they feel bad for the "poor" animals but what about the "poor" vegetables? After all they exist and are conscious too, so maybe we should eat rocks lol? We could always kill ourselves if we didn't want to eat but if we want to survive we have to eat something that exists.  :lol2: 

The only reason I'm careful enough to avoid hunting is because of bears in mating season!

18wf1cjnb4bqojpg.jpg

"Rwaaarrr that's right come back here bad boy!" - a Bear

#106 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:53 PM

*shakes fist* Darn you comic sans!

Also, I find hunting totally fine. Not like it was done to buffalo in the 1800's for instance. But legally and for food, sure thing.

#107 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:44 PM

I <3 you :D Can we be Comic Sans buddies? 

Comic Sans buddies it is!  :lol2: 

#108 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:05 PM

Comic Sans buddies it is!  :lol2: 

You guys heard of the comic sans typewriter? Worth the investment.

#109 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:47 AM

http://www.dailymail...-bow-arrow.html

Western hunter who killed Cecil the lion in Zimbabwean national park ‘faces criminal charges’ after bribing gamekeepers so he could shoot the iconic animal with a bow and arrow

• Cecil the Lion, 13, was one of the stars of Hwange National Park 
  • Hunter allegedly paid ranger £36,000 to lure lion out of the park
  • Cecil was shot with an arrow by a hunter, outside the park's border 
  • The hunter skinned Cecil and cut off his head for a hunting trophy
  • Zimbabwe Conservation Taskforce said he could face criminal charges

Thoughts?

#110 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:55 AM

The ranger is corrupt as fuck.

#111 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:56 AM

I think this is fucking disgusting! It makes me sick to my stomach and this guy should be shot (ok that's a little harsh) The animal was in a fucking national park - aren't they supposed to be protected there??

I'm all for hunting in the wild, but not in a national park where these animals are supposed to be safe.

#112 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:01 AM

My husband asked me on this matter if I thought the authorities (of the park) or the hunter was more at fault. While I think both are very very gravely at fault, I think that ultimately the corrupt authorities are more at fault. Indeed what @Rocket says, the lion was in a national park, the pride of Zimbabwe and still part of a very extensive research program (of an English university if I recall correctly, but could be wrong). The fact that the park - or the ranger, if he was a lone operator - would even allow such corruptness to even take place is preposterous. Then again, it's not exactly a secret that Zimbabwe has lots of corrupting business going on...

Who do you think is [more] at fault?

#113 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:03 AM

I don't have any problems with hunting for food. Honestly, a shot in the head for a wild animal that lived its entire life in a free state is way better than buying a chicken in a market that has been feed with steroids to grow faster, never saw sunlight and had to share 1 square of meter with other 20 chickens.

Hunting for sport it's just unjustified cruelty.

I saw that news yesterday (or two days ago?). Revolting. Even more considering the fact that the hunting trip was organized by a Zimbabwean hunters association. What the hell is the association doing if they can't keep track of their hunters' whereabouts? Specially knowing there's a national park in the area...

#114 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:11 AM

It's bullshit like this that gives hunting a bad name. I think the gamekeepers are more at fault though, it's their JOB to keep the animals safe and prevent people from harming the animals or their environment.

#115 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

My husband asked me on this matter if I thought the authorities (of the park) or the hunter was more at fault. While I think both are very very gravely at fault, I think that ultimately the corrupt authorities are more at fault. Indeed what @Rocket says, the lion was in a national park, the pride of Zimbabwe and still part of a very extensive research program (of an English university if I recall correctly, but could be wrong). The fact that the park - or the ranger, if he was a lone operator - would even allow such corruptness to even take place is preposterous. Then again, it's not exactly a secret that Zimbabwe has lots of corrupting business going on...

Who do you think is [more] at fault?

I think both are equally at fault, the hunter should have some common sense to see a lion coming out of a fenced area.. hellooo?? red flags?? What a low life piece of scum.

Anyone involved in this, the rangers, the hunters, anyone else who helped entice that Lion outside of safety should be prosecuted.

If it were up to me, I would mount all their heads on my wall.

#116 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:28 AM

Apparently the hunter is Spanish? Well, that can explain part of it :lol2:

#117 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:32 AM

Every newspaper has a different report. I read about the Spaniard first as well, but now (Dutch) media are saying it's an American dentist.

#118 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:38 AM

I read this morning he's an American Dentist from the mid-west/east coast idfk.

edit: CNN now says it was a Spaniard http://www.cnn.com/2...lled/index.html

#119 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:40 AM

Everyone has their share of fault in this. The hunters association, the park rangers and the hunter. They all should be liable for their actions that lead to the beheaded and skinned animal.

According to the ZPGHA facebook page they only revealed that the hunter is their associate. I'm guessing the nationalities swarming the internet are mere speculations. It's irrelevant where he's from, actually. Not that being Spanish could possible soften the issue.

#120 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:42 AM

Fucking dentists...

#121 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:42 AM

cba to edit again

there may have been up to 3 hunters involved - just fuck all of them.

#122 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:44 AM

Fucking dentists...

the keyword is actually "american". :p

#123 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:46 AM

No, it's dentists.

They're all insane. You have to be a little crazy and obsessive-compulsive to stare at teeth all day. They all get into the profession because it's high paying, and they can afford to take ten or twelve weeks a year off to go and do precisely this kind of stupid shit (killing a great cat) to forget about their miserable existences.

#124 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:47 AM

The keyword would be "human".

#125 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:50 AM

No, it's dentists.

They're all insane. You have to be a little crazy and obsessive-compulsive to stare at teeth all day. They all get into the profession because it's high paying, and they can afford to take ten or twelve weeks a year off to go and do precisely this kind of stupid shit (killing a great cat) to forget about their miserable existences.

you just made a sound argument. i shall avoid dentists for the rest of my life.

The keyword would be "human".

HEY THAT'S ME! :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users