Can you accept gifts on your side?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 devem

devem
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

Not from your main but from another account. Or is that against the rules/I will get chain iced?

I want to have an item sent to a side where I accept and trade it for another item (or just send it to my main in a few months).

My main just had things sent to it as well as my shells so I'm running around trying to figure out where to have this sent xD

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

I don't see any reason why not. You're not using the side account to gain an advantage, you're just receiving something there instead of on your main.

However, that doesn't mean it won't be noticed and interpreted as foul play. The chance is slim that you'd be frozen, but unless there's a specific reason why you don't want the item going to your main... Is it worth any risk at all?

#3 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

I know people have "side galleries" where they send items from their main to their sides.

I'd say as long as you aren't buying or selling from your side you should be fine.

#4 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

If you're worried you should just have the item sent to your main and send it from your main to your side. It's not like it costs anything. Unless it's an NC Item that requires boxes but nc trading on your sides is perfectly acceptable.

#5 devem

devem
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

I normally would just have it sent to my main but the problem I'm running into is I just had some pricey items sent to my main so I don't want to get flagged or rouse any more suspicion than I already have.

I would be trading the item for another to send to a friend, but I'm thinking it's all just a bad idea. xD

Maybe I just need an extra shell, and I can send it there for now... xD

#6 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

I normally would just have it sent to my main but the problem I'm running into is I just had some pricey items sent to my main so I don't want to get flagged or rouse any more suspicion than I already have.

I would be trading the item for another to send to a friend, but I'm thinking it's all just a bad idea. xD

Maybe I just need an extra shell, and I can send it there for now... xD

if you have nps on your side just have the person or whatever account offer on a junk trade with some neopoints attached. say happy birthday via pm or something to make it less suspicious. idk it seems like a lot of work

i have 6-7 shells i regularly trade items/nps with each other and they are all fine and dandy, not to mention all the nps i give away to contests. I'd say you are probably going to be fine, just stay away from your main if you are really that worried.

#7 Clutch

Clutch
  • 343 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

I don't see why you couldn't.

#8 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

Is it an attic item? It's also within neopets rules that you are supposed to send your aaaab'd items to your main to sell/trade if your aaa account is a side.

#9 devem

devem
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

@Rocket
I mean I'm having the person just gift, I just wasn't sure about how odd it would look being gifted to my side account that is linked to my main. ^^ So I'm thinking I'll just have it sent to my main. I had 2 items worth ~8M sent to my main the other day so I was just worried about sending more there. Do you think it will get my main flagged, or that it would rouse suspicion?

@Napiform
It's not an AAA item, it's a pb.

#10 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

It's really hard to say because the way TNT freezes and flags people is completely random :/

If you are using this item on your side, I don't see the harm in having them send it to your side.

#11 devem

devem
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

It's really hard to say because the way TNT freezes and flags people is completely random :/

If you are using this item on your side, I don't see the harm in having them send it to your side.

I wasn't going to use it though. xD I was going to send it to my main later but... Idk I just still feel like it would look weird having it sent there instead of my main, even as a random gift.

Maybe I'm looking too far into it though.

#12 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

ahh ok sorry I was confused xD

Just send it to your main :p

#13 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

JUST DO IT

#14 Teucer

Teucer
  • 124 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

JUST DO IT

Yes.  This.  Honestly, I think TNT is so preoccupied with other stuff, that they're not going to worry about a few item(s) being gifted. No one's got time to sweat the small stuff.    ;)

#15 WhiteMage

WhiteMage
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

I've been gifted codestones on my side because my main's inventory was full. Never had problems with it.  :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users