Photo

Some Nostalgia from an '04

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jpt

jpt
  • 1288 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

I joined Neocodex September 09, 2004, five days after my 12th birthday. I was active, according to my old emails, from then to about the end of '06. I was friends with the likes of Robert, dck (my partner in crime), Noitidart (not sure if he was friends with me, though!), and some others that I'm sure I would remember if I looked around enough.

I remember wanting to try everything on the site, and getting good at just about nothing other than bull-shitting with other members and pissing people off. As far as I'm concerned now, I was a little monster. I guess most 12 year olds are. I conned my way into Private member (is that still a thing?), joined graphics team for about a month, and went to a programming class by either Hydrogen or Noitidart and for a few days was determined to learn to program. This was a pretty kicking place back in the day.

I know I joined for the programs, but I ended up hardly using them other than really to test them and bet on how long before I was banned. I stayed and grew up with a couple of the guys on the forums here and had a couple friendships that lasted a bit longer. It was, and hopefully still is, a group of very friendly guys and gals on this site who helped me learn a little bit about a lot of random things in life. I don't really plan on being active again, but I was talking to someone about neopets the other day and had to come and check on the community that meant so much to me from 6-8th grade.

I don't mean to be sappy or too nostalgic, but I would like to thank Hydrogen, SL64, Noitidart, and all of the other mods and admins from my time for all their hard work. It looks like you guys have done a hell of a job, and I hope you're enjoying life wherever it has taken you.

If any of you remember me at all or care, I've since graduated from middle school, high school and will be graduating from college next year from a school in New England (far from my home in Dallas), with a BS in Biology. I'm still young, but ho boy, I was really young when I was active on here. Probably one of the youngest active members.

I'll be checking this thread for the next few days, so feel free to use this place as a nostalgia thread or as anything you'd like. Feel free to ask questions, too! I probably won't remember too much. Hopefully people actually check the Introductions forum. I don't think I used to..

Best of luck.

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

Welcome back to Codex! Robert isn't active anymore, and hasn't been for years and years. Noit is off being sexist somewhere, and Hydrogen is married and very busy; he mostly takes care of the financial side of codex nowadays. Good to meet ya.

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

I remember your name from around :)

#4 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

Hey JPT, glad to see things are going well.

#5 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

I remember you and dck. You would know Stryyp and Pyke and that crowd. Too bad most of them have buggered off :p

Which graphics leader do you remember? (always my favorite question for old members)

#6 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

Welcome back!

It's always nice to see old folks returning. :)

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

Hi :hi: Welcome back! Nice to meet you ^_^

#8 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:42 AM

Ahhh it's jpt :p Sup you! Yeah Rob aint around here anymore but you have something better, me :D. But i'm sure if i tried hard enough i might be able to get him to pop in to say hi

#9 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:03 AM

Is Rob still loved up and dopey as shit?

#10 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:44 AM

Yep

#11 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

What a douche

#12 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

I remember you, although you might not remember me (Think I changed my display name in 06-07)

#13 jpt

jpt
  • 1288 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

Ah, hiya guys. Nice to see some familiar names. I remember you Frizzle, redlion and of course Red Chaos. I forgot you were even younger than I was back on here.

Redlion, I think the one that stood out to me was Ali maybe? There were a bunch of flashier sig makers, but man.. I'd have to see their profiles and some of their work to even remember. That's right, I used to talk to Stryyp a good amount. Any word in the last few years what he's been up to?

Red Chaos, yeah be sure to say hi to Robert for me if you get the chance. Let him know I haven't fallen in a ditch somewhere. I hope y'all are doing well. If I remember right, we went off and made our own forums for a few days... That was with you, right?

Metigue, what was your username back in the day? The new one doesn't ring a bell, unfortunately.

And hello to all the new faces!

#14 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:53 AM

Yeah Stryyp hasn't been back so no idea what he's up to nowadays, but there's still a a fair few of us oldies on here. But yeah i think we did make our own forum for a little bit, i remember fucking around with invisionfree quite a bit :p

#15 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

Ah, hiya guys. Nice to see some familiar names. I remember you Frizzle, redlion and of course Red Chaos. I forgot you were even younger than I was back on here.

Redlion, I think the one that stood out to me was Ali maybe? There were a bunch of flashier sig makers, but man.. I'd have to see their profiles and some of their work to even remember. That's right, I used to talk to Stryyp a good amount. Any word in the last few years what he's been up to?

Red Chaos, yeah be sure to say hi to Robert for me if you get the chance. Let him know I haven't fallen in a ditch somewhere. I hope y'all are doing well. If I remember right, we went off and made our own forums for a few days... That was with you, right?

Metigue, what was your username back in the day? The new one doesn't ring a bell, unfortunately.

And hello to all the new faces!

I hope one of those was me. ;) Quite a coincidence seeing an oldie pop in, I actually just created a new account today just to fuck around and think back on the good ol' times. So hello again everybody!

It seems like I joined a year after you, but your name doesn't ring a bell... it's probably my fault though, it's hard for me to remember acronyms/non-words especially from so long ago.

But yep, similar situation to you. Just a kid back in the day. All grown up and almost done college now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users