• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

SCN_0004color_zps7dff0590.png

Yep. The first drawing I've ever sketched, lined, and colored (digitally, at least) without giving up halfway through. Yay!  :x3:

The clothes are based off the Shenkuu Garden NC set:

Spoiler

But idk if I'm feeling the colors of the clothes and I have no idea what to do when it comes to shadows. So if anyone has any color suggestions or advice on shading, etc. I would love to hear it!

Edited by Nanarie, 19 August 2014 - 11:34 AM.

#2 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

not bad for the first drawing! :D uhh i think the shadow needs to be darker. there is shading in your drawing but it isn't too obvious which makes it look kinda flat.

#3 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

Very cute! Definitely just the shading needs a bit of TLC :p 

#4 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

oh also you need to save this in a higher quality, @Nanarie.

#5 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

oh also you need to save this in a higher quality, @Nanarie.

Oh yeah it is looking a bit grainy. It's like 140 mb in photoshop and I squished it into a 700k jpeg. Let me try that again. 

About the shadows, do I need more or do I just need to make the existing ones darker? :o

#6 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

Oh yeah it is looking a bit grainy. It's like 140 mb in photoshop and I squished it into a 700k jpeg. Let me try that again. 

About the shadows, do I need more or do I just need to make the existing ones darker? :o

woahh... 140mb. :o try make the existing ones darker.

#7 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

woahh... 140mb. :o try make the existing ones darker.

ok idk once I put it in the post it comes out all grainy X_X 

But I'll try and make the shadows darker now. 

#8 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

ok idk once I put it in the post it comes out all grainy X_X 

But I'll try and make the shadows darker now. 

I just clicked the image and found the full copy on photobucket :p
Perhaps you could just link the full size image under the small one in your post.

#9 Lily

Lily
  • 279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

Very pretty! I think it's very well done. You are very talented :)

#10 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

I just clicked the image and found the full copy on photobucket :p
Perhaps you could just link the full size image under the small one in your post.

I uploaded a png and I think it might be a little better? x_x

@Lily Thank you! ^^

Edited by Nanarie, 19 August 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#11 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Wow that is amazing! Great work! :)

#12 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Wow, its really pretty. You definitely have some talent, lady! :o

#13 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

Oh that's cute :3

#14 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

Thanks everyone! I tried darkening some of the shading and here's how it turned out, idk if it's better or worse? 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Nanarie, 19 August 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#15 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

it definitely looks better to me. :)

#16 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

it definitely looks better to me. :)

:x3: thanks!

#17 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

That's very nice, great job! I am still struggling but improving when it comes to digital drawing...maybe one day I'll figure out what I'm doing. :)

#18 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

That's very nice, great job! I am still struggling but improving when it comes to digital drawing...maybe one day I'll figure out what I'm doing. :)

Thank you! And I'm definitely struggling with you! I just look at a lot of pictures on pixiv and try to copy them/wing it. 

#19 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

Thank you! And I'm definitely struggling with you! I just look at a lot of pictures on pixiv and try to copy them/wing it. 

Well again, you're doing an awesome job, and it's so much fun trying to tackle something new like that, isn't it? I've done quite a bit of coloring/design altering of creatures II create from a line art base provided by the game site Khimeros, but creating my own line art to then shade and manipulate is definitely a steep learning curve for me!

#20 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

Well again, you're doing an awesome job, and it's so much fun trying to tackle something new like that, isn't it? I've done quite a bit of coloring/design altering of creatures II create from a line art base provided by the game site Khimeros, but creating my own line art to then shade and manipulate is definitely a steep learning curve for me!

ooh is that perhaps what your icon is? :o 

#21 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

ooh is that perhaps what your icon is? :o

This is a creature I own in Khimeros, but it's a Gold Custom that I essentially gave a theme to the main artist (in this case, "Alien") and paid for, and she created it. :) 

#22 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

This is a creature I own in Khimeros, but it's a Gold Custom that I essentially gave a theme to the main artist (in this case, "Alien") and paid for, and she created it. :)

Ooh I see. o-o So is that site like FR how you can create skins or whatnot?

#23 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Ooh I see. o-o So is that site like FR how you can create skins or whatnot?

Yep, it sure is, I only joined it in February...but it's many years old! What I enjoy most is that it's a cozy community: just something over 20,000 players. Anyway, I spend a lot there for custom goodies that I enjoy a lot more than NC items, and the people are nice. :) I guess that is also why I am branching out to threads other than mostly Neopets-related ones here, as I love the Codex community but really prefer other games now over Neopets. ;)

#24 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

Better than what I can do~ It's amazing to me :3

#25 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

Yep, it sure is, I only joined it in February...but it's many years old! What I enjoy most is that it's a cozy community: just something over 20,000 players. Anyway, I spend a lot there for custom goodies that I enjoy a lot more than NC items, and the people are nice. :) I guess that is also why I am branching out to threads other than mostly Neopets-related ones here, as I love the Codex community but really prefer other games now over Neopets. ;)

Ohh yeah I think a lot of people on Codex aren't really into Neopets anyway. :p The neopets community as a whole is a sack of shit so I can see why.

And haha, thank you @Chappy ! ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users