83 replies to this topic

#51 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

Other than video evidence...

I'm sure we watched the same video. He knocked her out before she could even get to him. How do we know he couldn't have subdued her because yanno, he's twice the size of her.

Edited by Mishelle, 20 September 2014 - 07:11 AM.

#52 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:12 AM

No one can really say this for fact... It's really all just speculation. Unless they have released more information since I saw it last on ESPN

What is wrong with your quoting skills?

#53 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:12 AM

It's called a pre-emptive strike and is acceptable as use of self defence in most countries.

#54 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:14 AM

It's called a pre-emptive strike and is acceptable as use of self defence in most countries.

What he did in that elevator wasn't legal, that's why he got arrested for it.

#55 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:18 AM

What is wrong with your quoting skills?

I really don't know haha it gets messed up... is it that big of a deal?

Fixed it

Edited by Neopetsaddict123, 20 September 2014 - 07:18 AM.

#56 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:19 AM

I really don't know haha it gets messed up... is it that big of a deal?

Fixed it

Well, I guess in the grand scheme of life it isn't. There's women and men being battered right now. But I don't get a notification when you quote me cause it's not quoting right. And it's only you. And it's every single time. 

#57 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

What he did in that elevator wasn't legal, that's why he got arrested for it.

Arrest doesn't equate to guilt, not by a long shot.

#58 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

How do you quote someone properly? I just hit the little quote bubble and then copy and paste what i want into it... thats probably not right but... its what i do

#59 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:28 AM

How do you quote someone properly? I just hit the little quote bubble and then copy and paste what i want into it... thats probably not right but... its what i do

You just hit the quote button and start typing.

#60 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:28 AM

Arrest doesn't equate to guilt, not by a long shot.

He was charged with aggravated assault when they saw the video the only way he got out of going to trial is because he was offered a deal that's usually reserved for non-violent crime. But he got a special exception because well, I think we all know why.

http://espn.go.com/e...-offered-rarely

#61 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:32 AM

Well why would i type it if i could just copy and paste it?

#62 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:34 AM

Well why would i type it if i could just copy and paste it?

What? You don't type it, it automatically places it. You type what you want to say. What are you copy/pasting it when it automatically appears?

@Dan can you do that thing where you make a gif and show us how to quote?

#63 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:39 AM

First thing I do is click the little bubble next to twitter icon... then i copy and paste what the person said into the quote bubble. Finished.

#64 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:40 AM

your a smart person, allegedly

No one can prove such allegations.

#65 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

First thing I do is click the little bubble next to twitter icon... then i copy and paste what the person said into the quote bubble. Finished.

Ohhhh.... Click the quote button down in the bottom left of what the person is saying.

2014-09-20_1041.png

#66 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:49 AM

No one can prove such allegations.

Ironically I can't use good grammar so we'll leave it at that...

#67 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

Ohhhh.... Click the quote button down in the bottom left of what the person is saying.

Oh cool I got it. Thanks. I didn't even notice that little guy down there

#68 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

Oh cool I got it. Thanks. I didn't even notice that little guy down there

internet_02a952_131142.jpg

#69 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

That's a mighty small hand... High-five failed  :(

Edited by Neopetsaddict123, 20 September 2014 - 07:59 AM.

#70 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:20 AM

i'm a carnie ok

#71 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

i just don't see it this way, and I know we've already talked about this. I just have to say it again. 

I feel like adrenaline has very little to do with this situation. Was she angry? Probably. Was she scary? Maybe. But this is someone that he supposedly loves. He should have been able to control himself better than that. She shouldn't have gone after him. Neither of them should have been violent with each other, but really? I feel like an adrenaline rush would just be a shitty excuse for his actions.

#72 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

i just don't see it this way, and I know we've already talked about this. I just have to say it again. 

I feel like adrenaline has very little to do with this situation. Was she angry? Probably. Was she scary? Maybe. But this is someone that he supposedly loves. He should have been able to control himself better than that. She shouldn't have gone after him. Neither of them should have been violent with each other, but really? I feel like an adrenaline rush would just be a shitty excuse for his actions.

Both parties in the wrong, but he was in the more wrong for saying "Well, you started it, but I am going to finish it." I think men in general have been inculcated with a mindset of "Backing down is weak" so instead of throwing up his hands to protect himself from getting hit, he just goes for the OHKO. Again, am I not denying his culpability, I just don't think it is really NFL's job to police (unless it is written in your contract, or the company is losing money bc of you, which isn't the case with this, because the people who are 'boycotting the NFL' don't watch football anyway).

#73 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

Both parties in the wrong, but he was in the more wrong for saying "Well, you started it, but I am going to finish it." I think men in general have been inculcated with a mindset of "Backing down is weak" so instead of throwing up his hands to protect himself from getting hit, he just goes for the OHKO. Again, am I not denying his culpability, I just don't think it is really NFL's job to police (unless it is written in your contract, or the company is losing money bc of you, which isn't the case with this, because the people who are 'boycotting the NFL' don't watch football anyway).

Tons of corporations terminate relationships with employees or even other businesses because of things that they do in their personal lives.  Whether it's their place to police it or not, it has a reflection on them if they continue to employ people in those situations and they have to navigate the decision to continue a relationship with that person very carefully.

#74 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

Tons of corporations terminate relationships with employees or even other businesses because of things that they do in their personal lives.  Whether it's their place to police it or not, it has a reflection on them if they continue to employ people in those situations and they have to navigate the decision to continue a relationship with that person very carefully.

That is why I am all for an individual team cutting a player from the roster, but I disagree with the NFL doing it. The Raven's can lose money when they have a player like this, because one of their star starters is not-likable anymore. They won't sell his merchandise. And, I could be wrong on this one, but I think that the players make the contract with the individual teams. So if he does something that would violate the contract (a decent amount of players have some sort of morality clause written in these days) then again, it would be the place of the Raven's to fire him. 

#75 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

Ray Rice wins appeal of his suspension, is eligible to play for any NFL team.

Apparently you can knock your wife out, drag her around, step on her, etc. and it's still totally cool for you play football. The fact that sports players are almost immune to any punishment sickens me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users