107 replies to this topic

#51 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:39 AM

take the kids for a walk/nature hike and clear your head? you've got supporters

We're about to go grocery shopping. Basically same thing, right??

#52 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:40 AM

I'm feeling super unmotivated.

They just making time for ten minutes a day can be the start of a lasting habit. Taking the kids for a walk sounds like a great idea. Maybe even just taking ten minutes for you! I get frustrated at work/home etc, and will just up and pace around for ten minutes. I'll grab my phone and do dailies or check the news, or even surf facebook while I'm walking. It gives me a brain break, a ME break, and I'm being active. The combination usually helps me get back into whatever I'm loathing, even if just for a while. And those ten minutes add up! When you're "goofing off" on your phone while you do it, you look forward to the little walks. Now, I'm watching episodes of Supernatural while I walk. A whole 45 minutes a pop. Maybe try something like that: just taking some time to do NON-workout activities, that keep you off your rump! :)

There's also the reward system. Think of something (nonfood) that you want, but don't need. Then, if you've made your weekly goal, you get that thing! It could be a trip to the movies, a new bit of clothing, whatever. Little rewards along the way can make the journey easier!

#53 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:47 AM

We're about to go grocery shopping. Basically same thing, right??

Oh yes "look kids, looks at this wild apple!"

#54 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:39 PM

927 plssssss 

#55 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:26 AM

927 plssssss 

I'm confused, what does that mean?

I kind of expected this thread to be a bit more active with what people are doing to progress in their goals! Come on people! Get motivated!

Name ONE THING (at least) that you did IN THE LAST 24 HOURS to get closer to your goal!

I ended up eating a cupcake yesterday AND missed my walk, so this morning before I did anything I took a few extra laps around the backyard. I also skipped breakfast (since I woke up late) and just had a slightly larger lunch, not enough to equal both meals had I eaten them separate, but it let me balance out yesterday. :)

#56 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:37 PM

06/15 Since this is going to tack onto my last thread, cause ya'll are NO kinds of motivating fun, I'll date the edit! Just finished bingewalking Supernatural. My weight loss goals are coming much easier once I decided I was just going to WALK, which I like, while watching TV, because TV. I get to catch up on Mah Shows, while working out. And I do work out. More episodes and my knee gets the old ache and I'm warm and it might not be a run, but it's three episodes of Supernatural, squeeing my way to 9 pounds down from where I started (before this thread). BAM. I'm SO glad I decided to do this. I tried elliptical in front of TV, because I have one, and I would go go go on fast shows like GoT, but of course it's basically running without the joint pain and doing every day was rough rough rough. Walking? Pffft. I can walk anywhere. Crammed in 2 hours of work that ended just after midnight, and then walked. Got 9k steps in, 3.75 miles. My daily goal is 4 miles. I don't always bingwalk that, sometimes my regular walking during the day pads me and I just need 1 to take me to my goal (I usually do 2 anyway). I hadn't done it the past few days, all stressed out over work, but dammit, I've had Dean Winchester shirtless on his damned impala on my desktop for a couple days now and I didn't want to wait any longer!

Ooh it didn't tack! Maybe it's a date thing.

#57 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:54 PM

i took a shit. that took off at least .2 pds off me

#58 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:01 PM

Is this still happening?

#59 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

Is this still happening?

@Shannon?

#60 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:17 PM

Is this still happening?

@Shannon?

Yeah I posted an update before I left on my trip that I'd post the results for the two weeks I was missing today. If they don't get posted today (my flights are kind of screwed up) it'll be in the morning.

UPDATE: I'm in the hospital in Chicago after having s seizure before my connecting flight to get home. In other words, I won't be able to post results until at least Thursday, late night. No clue how long I'll be stuck here but I might end up allowing a mod to help with these two weeks so you all can receive your results and see the standings. Believe me, I wish you could see your progress now! Feeling so sorry about missing the usual deadlines. Endless good vibes and positivity being sent your way. Stay motivated!

#61 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:21 PM

Yeah I posted an update before I left on my trip that I'd post the results for the two weeks I was missing today. If they don't get posted today (my flights are kind of screwed up) it'll be in the morning.
UPDATE: I'm in the hospital in Chicago after having s seizure before my connecting flight to get home. In other words, I won't be able to post results until at least Thursday, late night. No clue how long I'll be stuck here but I might end up allowing a mod to help with these two weeks so you all can receive your results and see the standings. Believe me, I wish you could see your progress now! Feeling so sorry about missing the usual deadlines. Endless good vibes and positivity being sent your way. Stay motivated!

Wow, a seizure?! I hope everything is alright now and you're feeling better :( I would offer you help, but I'll be busy all day unfortunately :/

#62 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:30 PM

Hope you have a swift recovery @Shannon!

#63 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:32 PM

Good vibes and well wishes, Shannon. All the best & a speedy recovery. 15s20z6.jpg

#64 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:04 PM

Holy shit. Well, I'm glad you're ok enough to be posting, that's a good sign. Don't worry about deadlines and all that. We'll keep doing what we're doing, and you get back to feeling normal. (Well, as normal as people on Codex get, anyway.) I'm hoping this was a one off and not a norm for ya, and that you're all right head to toe. Good vibes back at you! You, also, STAY MOTIVATED!

And let us know if there's somehow something we can do, yea?

#65 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:59 AM

06/15 Since this is going to tack onto my last thread, cause ya'll are NO kinds of motivating fun, I'll date the edit! Just finished bingewalking Supernatural. My weight loss goals are coming much easier once I decided I was just going to WALK, which I like, while watching TV, because TV. I get to catch up on Mah Shows, while working out. And I do work out. More episodes and my knee gets the old ache and I'm warm and it might not be a run, but it's three episodes of Supernatural, squeeing my way to 9 pounds down from where I started (before this thread). BAM. I'm SO glad I decided to do this. I tried elliptical in front of TV, because I have one, and I would go go go on fast shows like GoT, but of course it's basically running without the joint pain and doing every day was rough rough rough. Walking? Pffft. I can walk anywhere. Crammed in 2 hours of work that ended just after midnight, and then walked. Got 9k steps in, 3.75 miles. My daily goal is 4 miles. I don't always bingwalk that, sometimes my regular walking during the day pads me and I just need 1 to take me to my goal (I usually do 2 anyway). I hadn't done it the past few days, all stressed out over work, but dammit, I've had Dean Winchester shirtless on his damned impala on my desktop for a couple days now and I didn't want to wait any longer!

Ooh it didn't tack! Maybe it's a date thing.

I did 20 bridge pulses but after reading what you're doing I feel like I'm slacking.

I'm sorry. Good vibes and positivism back at you.

#66 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:01 AM

Hey guys an update from @Shannon - she's doing ok and should be released to go home tomorrow after further observation. Results will likely be posted this weekend assuming she gets to go home. And she apologizes for the delay, but hey life happens sometimes.

Send positive vibes her way.

#67 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:11 AM

Hey guys an update from @Shannon - she's doing ok and should be released to go home tomorrow after further observation. Results will likely be posted this weekend assuming she gets to go home. And she apologizes for the delay, but hey life happens sometimes.

Send positive vibes her way.

Great! Thank you!

#68 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:09 AM

I did 20 bridge pulses but after reading what you're doing I feel like I'm slacking.

Woohoo!!

Hey everyone! How's everyone doing? I know one part of this (optional) is to get our measurements, but I hadn't done it since before I started. My jeans do feel different, but I don't look any different, which is frustrating. You'd think after 10 pounds you'd be able to see something. So, I took measurements. I might not look any different, but I've lost an inch in a couple places, which is a nice motivation boost. These last few days I haven't been sleeping well, and I get super hungry when I don't sleep, so it's been sucky to stick to my diet. This bit of measuring will hopefully keep my motivation up until I get sleeping regularly again!

Spoiler

#69 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:27 AM

Woohoo!!

Hey everyone! How's everyone doing? I know one part of this (optional) is to get our measurements, but I hadn't done it since before I started. My jeans do feel different, but I don't look any different, which is frustrating. You'd think after 10 pounds you'd be able to see something. So, I took measurements. I might not look any different, but I've lost an inch in a couple places, which is a nice motivation boost. These last few days I haven't been sleeping well, and I get super hungry when I don't sleep, so it's been sucky to stick to my diet. This bit of measuring will hopefully keep my motivation up until I get sleeping regularly again!

Spoiler

What kind of diet are you following?

#70 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:32 AM

Trying to get my weight up, have gone up 3 lbs in the last couple of weeks. Eating a lot is hard lol especially when have to share with your family.

#71 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

What kind of diet are you following?

I've given myself a goal of just 1000 calories a day, and I usually end up eating 1100-1200 (1200 is the most common "lowest for women recommended"). And I make sure I get my 4 miles (10,000 steps) per day. This gives me a deficit of about 1000 per day, and I'm trying for 2 pounds a week. I only had 20 pounds to lose to back under the "not overweight" marker for my height, and it's not something I would want to sustain once I'm there (135). I eat a crapton of fruits and vegetables, take a multivitamin, drink a lot of water, to make sure I'm getting what I need. Usually there's peanut butter in my breakfast, and Italian dressing in my salad, to get my fats. Keeping the protein balanced is harder when husband is away, because I gravitate towards vegetarian and most of the stuff I make for me is, but when he's home it's easier, as we'll have meat with dinner.

Watching tv while I'm walking has been the best motivator, honestly. I want to run, but it's so infrequent, and my schedule is so jacked up, we never make a habit. Walking I can do ANY time of day or night, because I do it in the house. I have a specific pacing path from living room to kitchen, and it's easy to knock out 1-2 episodes and get myself up to that 4 mile mark (I usually get about 2 miles of daily walking, otherwise).

To make a short story long: HA.

Spoiler

I use Sparkpeople to track everything I eat (I have for a few years), and make sure that whatever I eat for the day, I have the 1000 calorie deficit. It's been great, yesterday I had ice cream, popcorn, and two glasses of red wine, while I watched Supernatural, because I walked 8 miles while doing it.

Trying to get my weight up, have gone up 3 lbs in the last couple of weeks. Eating a lot is hard lol especially when have to share with your family.

@DonValentino Nice! Hard because of sharing? You mean like, at a dinner table sharing, or, not having enough to go around sharing? My husband used to cut/bulk when on active duty, and peanut butter is a nice, cheapish, calorie dense food. There's my unsolicited commentary. HA. Are you adding/eating anything special to help you gain?

#72 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:15 AM

I've given myself a goal of just 1000 calories a day, and I usually end up eating 1100-1200 (1200 is the most common "lowest for women recommended"). And I make sure I get my 4 miles (10,000 steps) per day. This gives me a deficit of about 1000 per day, and I'm trying for 2 pounds a week. I only had 20 pounds to lose to back under the "not overweight" marker for my height, and it's not something I would want to sustain once I'm there (135). I eat a crapton of fruits and vegetables, take a multivitamin, drink a lot of water, to make sure I'm getting what I need. Usually there's peanut butter in my breakfast, and Italian dressing in my salad, to get my fats. Keeping the protein balanced is harder when husband is away, because I gravitate towards vegetarian and most of the stuff I make for me is, but when he's home it's easier, as we'll have meat with dinner.

Watching tv while I'm walking has been the best motivator, honestly. I want to run, but it's so infrequent, and my schedule is so jacked up, we never make a habit. Walking I can do ANY time of day or night, because I do it in the house. I have a specific pacing path from living room to kitchen, and it's easy to knock out 1-2 episodes and get myself up to that 4 mile mark (I usually get about 2 miles of daily walking, otherwise).

To make a short story long: HA.

Spoiler

I use Sparkpeople to track everything I eat (I have for a few years), and make sure that whatever I eat for the day, I have the 1000 calorie deficit. It's been great, yesterday I had ice cream, popcorn, and two glasses of red wine, while I watched Supernatural, because I walked 8 miles while doing it.

@DonValentino Nice! Hard because of sharing? You mean like, at a dinner table sharing, or, not having enough to go around sharing? My husband used to cut/bulk when on active duty, and peanut butter is a nice, cheapish, calorie dense food. There's my unsolicited commentary. HA. Are you adding/eating anything special to help you gain?

I used to use Sparkpeople, but switched to cronometer after I decided to watch micronutrients instead of calories.

#73 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:57 PM

I used to use Sparkpeople, but switched to cronometer after I decided to watch micronutrients instead of calories.

Hmm I haven't heard of that one. I'll give it a peak.

I like Sparkpeople because it lets me input recipes and then add them, and I do a lot of cooking.

#74 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

Hmm I haven't heard of that one. I'll give it a peak.
I like Sparkpeople because it lets me input recipes and then add them, and I do a lot of cooking.

I don't know if the one I use does that or not. Food math is really the only kind of math I'm willing to do and I'm decent at knowing what I'm eating.

#75 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:23 PM

Tagging all participants

Spoiler

I was PMed all of your old PMs from @Shannon, but I only used it to verify the previous weeks (up to Week 3) that she posted in the OP.

Please create a new PM with me, title should just be TBL and in the message post which number you were assigned for this competition.

If you haven't sent in your Week 5 weight/measurements to Shannon yet, instead PM them to me. You have 24 hours for it to count for Week 5.

I want to STRESS that for the remainder of the competition you do NOT create new PMs for new weight measurements for each week. I ain't playing around.

No, I do not have Snapchat. No, I will not accept your weight without photo evidence in the PM even if you did 'stay the same weight', idgaf.

If you were having a personal convo with Shannon I would suggest you create a new PM with her because if you continue chatting in the old PM then I will be notified, not that I really care but you might.

Now get your asses going!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tbl, biggest loser, summer, contest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users