Spoiler

#28 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • šŸ± šŸ’– šŸ„

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:20 PM

If Hillary gets the nom I'll vote green party

I think I might do the same, actually. I know it will be fruitless in the end, but I'd feel better than I would if I opted not to vote at all.

#29 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:45 PM

I think I might do the same, actually. I know it will be fruitless in the end, but I'd feel better than I would if I opted not to vote at all.

You should. Our age group really needs to get way more involved in politics. 

38% of 18-24 year olds voted in 2012. If we could get that number up, Bernie might have a shot at winning the primary. I see his popularity increasing daily (maybe not popularity, but more people are learning his name), so it's not impossible. 70% of people over the age of 65 vote, and I can't imagine many of them will be voting for him so we have to combat that with getting students into the booth. 

If you're interested, 49.5% of 25-44 years voted, and 63.4% of 45-64 [in 2012]. 

The worst thing you can do is not vote at all. That just keeps the same jerkoffs in office. Almost more importantly than voting for the president is getting out to vote in congressional elections, I don't know what the % of 18-24 is for that, but I'm quite sure that it's dismal. 

#30 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:56 PM

I would like to vote for Bernie Sanders, but apparently I side more with Hillary Clinton on issues.  I can't think of a single republican candidate who is running that's well suited for president (according to my dad, John Kasich is a better choice).

#31 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:49 PM

You shouldn't admit that.

Bernie all the way

no shame in my game

#32 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

I'll probably be going with Bernie Sanders. If he doesn't win the nomination then I'm not sure who I'll go with, but I refuse to vote for Hillary Clinton. 

#33 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:43 PM

Bernie all the way

#34 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:57 PM

They'll all be roughly equally ineffective, but I'd prefer to have a democrat in charge.

I don't think I get to vote anyway.

Are you a resident or a citizen?

Ew.

This made me chuckle. Alright, I laughed.

I usually vote, but I didn't in 2012. Yeah, you can sorta blame me for Ted Cruz getting elected. I actually didn't mind Kay Bailey Hutchinson so much. It's a shame Cruz got her seat basically for free. Also Cornyn, the minority senate whip, was reelected last year. So I guess I could have registered my vote of outrage, but the vote was still 61% to 34%.

I think it's really important to vote in senate elections, because each state gets two, regardless of population. For instance, Delaware, which has a population equal to one sixth of my city, gets two senators. And my city is not the largest in my state :lol:

But anyway, I guess I'll be voting Democratic. I'd vote for Bernie in the primary if they allow him. I refuse to comment on the clown posse on the other side. There isn't a one that could beat hillary. Even through sheer force of dollars.

#35 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:13 AM

If Trump wins I'm moving back to Canada.

Please take me with you

I'll prepare the guest room. 

Also @sprockets I hope you're voting Liberal in our upcoming elections ;)

#36 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:30 PM

I'll prepare the guest room. 

Also @sprockets I hope you're voting Liberal in our upcoming elections ;)

Party at Kate's place?

I don't want to blindly vote for Liberal, Conservative, NPD (or green party) without seeing how they plan to run the country.

#37 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

I like Ben Carson, but I don't think he has much shot at winning, but the dude is a genius and I love his story of from nothing to world famous brain surgeon. I sided with Marco Rubio on my poll thing. I consider myself libertarian/conservative.

#38 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:06 AM

Party at Kate's place?

I don't want to blindly vote for Liberal, Conservative, NPD (or green party) without seeing how they plan to run the country.

There's a Canadian version of that quiz that will help you :p
http://canada.isidewith.com/

#39 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:38 AM

Ben Carson or Rand Paul.

#40 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:37 PM

There's a Canadian version of that quiz that will help you :p
http://canada.isidewith.com/

67% Conservative

66% Liberal

Wow that was close. I got a lot of We could not determine Conservativeā€™s stance on this issue as well though so who knows if it could have been higher  :mellow:

#41 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:52 PM

If Hillary gets the nom I'll vote green party

<3

#42 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:40 AM

Trump is a boss lol

https://video-lga1-1...987&oe=55A01BCA

#43 karlwithak

karlwithak
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:00 AM

I would really like to vote for Donald Trump, but he just keeps reminding me of how much of an idiot he really is.

#44 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

Trump is a boss lol

https://video-lga1-1...987&oe=55A01BCA

He's gotta be trolling. He's doing it to make the other candidates look less ridiculous.

#45 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

He's gotta be trolling. He's doing it to make the other candidates look less ridiculous.

I'm convinced of this. I remember Trump saying that he was democrat, he was pro-choice, he was pro-equal rights and he's friends with the Clintons. I don't understand how he can switch all of his views, become a Republican and act like this much of an ass without it being massive trolling.

#46 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:37 AM

I'm convinced of this. I remember Trump saying that he was democrat, he was pro-choice, he was pro-equal rights and he's friends with the Clintons. I don't understand how he can switch all of his views, become a Republican and act like this much of an ass without it being massive trolling.

That's what I ask myself when it comes to Ben Carson and Rand Paul. :|

#47 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:03 PM

What's your issue with them?

I am a huge Carson fan but I know he's a long shot at best. Paul is probably a long shot as well, but probably has a much better chance than Ben. I believe the GOP nomination will go to Walker or Bush.

EDIT: According to the quiz, Santorum, Cruz, and Rubio are my top 3. Yikes.

Edited by talbs, 10 July 2015 - 12:06 PM.

#48 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

Justice Alito: Well, in the Bob Jones case, the Court held that a college was not entitled to taxĀ­exempt status if it opposed interracial marriage or interracial dating.  So would the same apply to a 10 university or a college if it opposed sameĀ­-sex marriage?

General Verrilli:  You know, Ā­Ā­I donā€™t think I can answer that question without knowing more specifics, but itā€™s certainly going to be an issue. I donā€™t deny that. I donā€™t deny that, Justice Alito.  It is ā€“it is going to be an issue.

#49 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

Yeah I stopped paying attention to Ben Carson when he tried to say that Obamcare was the worst thing since slavery. According to the quiz Rand Paul is the only Republican that I agree with on any issues, but it's mostly related to privacy rights.

#50 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:38 PM

What's your issue with them?

Carson is a retired neurosurgeon and Paul was a Ophthalmologist.  They're very smart and talented people, and I can't help but feel like they're selling out by becoming politicians.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users