• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:35 AM

Post the accomplishments you are (most) proud of, it can be something you did/achieved today or big things in the past :)

- I once gave some of my birthday money to a homeless man when I was around 10 years old. It wasn't much but I still feel good about it.

- I graduated high school.

- I made a birthday card for my grandma today and studied for multiple hours without being distracted much.

Edited by iKate, 25 July 2015 - 08:00 AM.

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:49 AM

In high school I was a member of Future Business Leaders of America [FBLA], and competed in the cyber security category. I won first place in state, 3rd place in regional, and 11th place (out of 250 people) when I went to the national competition in California. Accomplishing those really set the tone for what I'd like to do with my career.

I also managed to get the hell out of Wisconsin which seems like that's nearly impossible for everyone I grew up with...

#3 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:38 AM

i'm the only one in my family getting offered a scholarship to study abroad. when i was 18, i received a scholarship to pursue medic in russia right after graduating high school. it's not as glamorous as my cousin who got to study accountancy in australia but it's still something. :) (i quit after 6 months tho but that's not the point)

also last semester at uni i was approached by my lecturer who invited me to be part of the editorial team for the faculty's architecture magazine. her reason for recruting me was "your english is good for a malay". it's such an honor. :)

as for good deeds, umm.... i feed the stray cats near my house fish bones from dinner? yeah. i don't do those very much.

#4 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:03 AM

- Got an A on my thesis paper and an A in the class overall (it's an accomplishment with the professor that I had. He's amazing but tough). 

- Graduated from my university with a BA in Communication.

- Got accepted into three postgraduate programs. 

Those are all I can think of for accomplishments in the recent past. 

As for good deeds, I've donated to two gofundme's for my friends. One was for a girl I went to college with that got attacked by a man with a gun as she was leaving the library. Skull, eye socket, and cheekbone were fractured and her insurance wasn't covering things that happened out of state. So I donated to her. She's up to 18k now. I also donated to a high school friend who's a double amputee and wants a handicap accessible car. He's at 3k, I think. I felt good about donating to them. 

#5 Torque

Torque
  • 411 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:22 AM

I'm 25 with 2 cars (was 4 until earlier this year), my own big house, a good job, a college degree, and a very supportive group of family and friends.

My accomplishment is maintaining all of it while still having free time. It wasn't a one day thing for me and I worked my ass off to make it all happen.

Although a more recent accomplishment that I'm really proud of is that I got a full sponsorship for one of my cars from a detailing company. This means I'll get full interior and exterior detailing before every major car show or meet I attend.

#6 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:23 AM

I can't think of good things I've done in the past, but there's one that I'll always remember.

In 2010, the first year of my uncle as the mayor of my town, there was a huge catastrophe. Exactly during New Year. What a great start for a mayor... So, it rained a lot, and hundreds of houses were destroyed, especially those located on hills, and a lot of people died. It was horrible, really really horrible. The next day we were already getting donations from everywhere, and there were a lot of people to give these to. I was 12, and even though my parents didn't want me to help, I did. Weeks of distributing those donations, but worth it. I felt useful.

#7 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

Proud of the fact that I'm still alive. srsly.

#8 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:23 AM

It's nothing big but I'm still proud of it lol but ok story time!!

(If you don't know about it, the game Splatoon is a third person shooter where the objective is to cover as much ink on the ground as you can with your weapon, the team with the most ink by the time the timer runs out wins. In the game mode I'm gonna be talking about you only cover a small section of the map. When your team has the section/sections in "control", it causes the counter to go down. So of course if the other team cover their ink in the zone then you lose control, their counter goes down. To win your team either has to get the counter down to 0 or have a smaller amount of points on the counter by the time the timer runs out.)

So I was playing this Splatzone mode, and god did my team suck. Instead of covering the section we're meant to cover and hold they were messing about elsewhere on the map. The opponents took control of the zone super fast and my team weren't really doing anything about it. Their timer was getting closer and closer to 0 and I totally thought they were going to win. But then I managed to kill their whole team, took over the zone with 2 points to go on their timer and my team finally came over to help out. I thought we were going to lose anyway from running out of time/from them taking the zone over, but we kept killing their team before they got over to the zone and we managed to keep it in control until the counter went all the way down to 0. And we won!! Boy did it feel good. The other team must have been pissed :3c

#9 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:57 AM

I'm proud to be able to look back and realize I got to do everything I wanted so far.

• I graduated from HS, despite all the problems life put in front of me.
  • I started working when I was 15 because I wanted to get out of my parents house and away from my abusive father. When I turned 18 I already had my own apartment and I was able to help my mom leave my father.
  • I got in the military and was the only woman to finish recruit class (?) that year.
  • I worked damn hard to enter (with part of my unit) in a NRF program that lead us to Afghanistan one year and Pakistan the next. Incredibly, I managed to come back from both alive.
  • Because of that, my admission in the National Guard (GNR), my goal from the beginning, was easy.
  • Unfortunately, after a few years, I was psychologically fucked up (still am, but who cares :p ), and had to make a choice. Then, a couple years ago I quit my military life and that probably was what kept me alive so far.
  • I still accomplished the spectacular achievement of giving three mini tamed little monkeys to this world, not a work I did by myself, but still very important. Very important, indeed.
  • I have my own house, my own car, I'm able to pay my own bills, I don't have any debts and I'm a mildly functional human being.

Crap, I might implode with so much pride.

Good deeds? Hm... I almost had a car accident last year because I didn't want to make a little rabbit another 4am-road-kill, is that okay? D:

We all got out of it fine: me, the rabbit, and the car, btw lol

#10 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

I won the science fair in the 4th grade.  That's really the only accomplishment I can remember doing.  I'm sure I've done more.

#11 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:10 PM

Okay my accomplishments/deeds are nothing compared with you all. brb doing something with my life

also I ran out of rep :(

Proud of the fact that I'm still alive. srsly.

Time to share your deadly adventures? :p

#12 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:16 PM

I started a bit of software contracting in the evenings. I did not focus much on software in school, mostly electrical engineering and physics. I work at an engineering startup company, and our R&D/manufacturing processes make use of a lot of custom software that I wrote. A former co-worker knew that I had experience in software development, and met with me one day to get my opinion on a project their company was interested in having outsourced. After feeling confident that I could deliver on the project, I insisted that I work on that project as a contractor.

I was able to secure a second client a couple months later through a referral. That project was delivered on schedule (and quite a pressured schedule; they were heading to an expo in a month without a crucial part of their product's interface completed). The first project is still progressing quite nicely. I am quite busy these days (work 65+ hours/week), but I like it that way. Coffee and good time management helps. :p

#13 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:35 PM

I'm almost at squatting and deadlifting my own bodyweight. 

After dealing with denial for years, I finally started getting help for my anxiety.

My publishing career has maintained an upwards track despite all the craziness, hard work, and life changes.

#14 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:43 AM

I proud to say that..... i finally clear my LAST HUGE debt which cost me around $1500SGD.... in first place i shouldn't take this debt but human are greedy..... i fully regret i have to waste that $1500 to clear it but now i am a CLEAR man. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users