canadian shit only americans get the hell out eh

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#26 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:05 AM

I am American but I lived in Canada for a few years does that count? I'm still going to answer these :p

The big game changing topics are:

Do you like Canadian bacon more than maple syrup? - no, but maple syrup on bacon is win

What is your favourite (I spell that with a u because I'M IN CANADA) part about being Canadian? everything, I'd go back in a heartbeat

Have you ever seen an igloo?- no

Where aboots in Canada do you live? - I lived in Calgary, AB

Do you like Justin Trudeau's hair? - I don't know who that is

When was the last time you ate poutine? - probably like 8 years ago

Do you speak French?- no

If yes, will you speak dirty to me in it? 

Discuss (do people here still say that? Discuss why or why not)

That's all I'm good for :( 

#27 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:27 PM

• Do you like Canadian bacon more than maple syrup?
    Nope, not really a fan of pork products. Maple Syrup all the way
  • What is your favourite (I spell that with a u because I'M IN CANADA) part about being Canadian?
    How cheap our post secondary education is.
  • Have you ever seen an igloo?
    Haven't seen a real one in person yet, hopefully I never have to.
  • Where aboots in Canada do you live?
    Born in Montreal, live in T.Dot currently. Would be open to the possibility of moving elsewhere just haven't decided what part of Canada yet, probably the West Coast (best coast)
  • Do you like Justin Trudeau's hair?
    Eh, I personally wouldn't get that haircut but I think it suits him
  • When was the last time you ate poutine?
    Probably on my 22nd birthday (nearly 4 years now).
    Fun fact: there's an ayce poutine event every year, I have yet to go to
  • Do you speak French?
    Un peu
  • If yes, will you speak dirty to me in it? 
    Je ne parle pas bien le francais assez

Are food trucks popular anywhere? Not just hot dogs, fries, burgers and chinese food (I refuse to get chinese food from a truck) but like the higher end stuff like from the show Eat Street?

Edited by sprockets, 05 August 2015 - 03:29 PM.

#28 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:33 PM

Do you like Canadian bacon more than maple syrup?

YES OMG YES also I'm a heathen who doesn't like proper maple syrup. I know. I'm horrible.

What is your favourite (I spell that with a u because I'M IN CANADA) part about being Canadian?

The part where I pretend to be Canadian so I can take Canadian questionnaires

Have you ever seen an igloo?

Yes! It was in the USA so that doesn't count but it was magical and great

Where aboots in Canada do you live?

I live in an Edmonton hotel that @Padme and @Pyro699 let me crash in :p

Do you like Justin Trudeau's hair?

Um YES it's so lush

When was the last time you ate poutine?

Like 2 or 3 months ago (for the first time) and...I'm so sorry it just wasn't for me

Do you speak French?

Soon! I'll be studying it in uni

Can I speak dirty to you anyways?

#29 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:02 PM

I'm an Aussie permanent resident but was once american, can I stay too? there's no Aussie stuff either D:

#30 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:05 PM

Not canadian but whatevs

Do you like Canadian bacon more than maple syrup? -

What is your favourite (I spell that with a u because I'M IN CANADA) part about being Canadian? Canadian girls. One of the country with the most beautiful girls in the world.

Have you ever seen an igloo? Yes, but I've never seen a Canadian igloo tho

Where aboots in Canada do you live? -

Do you like Justin Trudeau's hair? Justin who?

Do you speak French? Oui

If yes, will you speak dirty to me in it? Wut O_o

Discuss (do people here still say that? Discuss why or why not) -

#31 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:10 AM

Poutine is cheese curds and gravy on french fries. There are a lot of variations and poutine restaurants here that offer different types... pretty much anything you can think of on fries. Nacho poutine. Philly Cheesesteak poutine. etc. 

I eat a vegan version and I get a shot of maple syrup with it. 

I don't know any Canadian Stereotypes that make us out to be the most violent.... 

Is there soy cheese involved? Walk me through vegan poutine, sounds exciting.

Most american serials I watch will make jokes about the violence of canadians when somebody insults a local hockey team, or just the violence of canadian hockey players and hockey fans (which on a related note, hockey seems to be an important part of canadian stereotypes)

Bonus question: Have Canadians taken to calling non-Canadian bacon as American bacon?

#32 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

Hope I don't break codex by replying to so many posts but I'd like to answer everyone as I'm canadian and nice like that

I mean Vancouver was nice. And so was Victoria, BC. Never been to Quebec or french speaking region.

Never eaten poutine, because french fries are meant to be crispy and not lathered in lard any more than they already are.

But uh, I hear you're all nice people. When you're not watching hockey that is.

I feel ashamed to say I've been in BC for about five years now and I've never been Victoria. Don't knock poutine until you try it, though. Definitely worth another trip up here.

I thought I was skinny til I went to Canada and saw more bellybuttons than I have in the rest of my life put together.

Which is weird, cause apparently y'all have a secret gravy fetish. Poutine and mashed potatoes and everything would be 100% better with 50% less gravy.

And the bread up there doesn't want to kill me.

Meh. Give me a curvy girl over the bellybuttons any day of the week. What about bread trying to kill you?

I'm gonna go ahead and say that the Dutch are like the Canadians of Germany so ~

Don't know about the Canadian part, but regular bacon and maple syrup are equally delicious. BUT PUT THEM TOGETHER AND YOU HAVE HEAVEN FOR YOUR MOUTH

(fun fact, in dutch we say "like an angel pissing on your tongue")

I think that is a beautiful dutch phrase and I will be adopting it and using it to describe my food as much as possible. After all, what's better than angel pee?

Omg Justin Trudeau, Cara don't do this to me omg he is my spirit animal. 

Like last month but it's a pretty regular meal around here. 

Do you speak French?

une peu

je t'aime petit chéri

LOL. I didn't know anyone liked Justin that much. Is it only because of the hair?? Also I'm pretty impressed you know the anthem in french. Can't say I know the same. :p

I am American but I lived in Canada for a few years does that count? I'm still going to answer these :p

That's all I'm good for :(

Why did you leave then??

• Where aboots in Canada do you live?
    Born in Montreal, live in T.Dot currently. Would be open to the possibility of moving elsewhere just haven't decided what part of Canada yet, probably the West Coast (best coast)
  • Do you like Justin Trudeau's hair?
    Eh, I personally wouldn't get that haircut but I think it suits him
  • When was the last time you ate poutine?
    Probably on my 22nd birthday (nearly 4 years now).
    Fun fact: there's an ayce poutine event every year, I have yet to go to
  • Do you speak French?
    Un peu
  • If yes, will you speak dirty to me in it? 
    Je ne parle pas bien le francais assez

I'm from Montreal as well! Montreal North to be exact. And currently living on the West Coast and it's mostly boring farm lands (don't mean to burst the best coast bubble though!). If you like hiking it makes it almost bearable. Just picture rainy farmlands and that's the gist of the west coast. 

I appreciate your honesty about not speaking french well but I do fully expect you to practice and then talk dirty.

Yes! It was in the USA so that doesn't count but it was magical and great

Can I speak dirty to you anyways?

WHERE did you see a real igloo in USA? Do you have a picture??

Yes. Yes you definitely may.

Not canadian but whatevs

Do you like Canadian bacon more than maple syrup? -

What is your favourite (I spell that with a u because I'M IN CANADA) part about being Canadian? Canadian girls. One of the country with the most beautiful girls in the world.

Have you ever seen an igloo? Yes, but I've never seen a Canadian igloo tho

Yup! Nothing better than a lumber jack looking woman naked with maple syrup drizzled on her.

Where did you see an igloo? I don't believe you people!

Bonus question: Have Canadians taken to calling non-Canadian bacon as American bacon?

No. Because American's don't deserve the credit

#33 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

Yup! Nothing better than a lumber jack looking woman naked with maple syrup drizzled on her.

That's my jam!

#34 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:12 PM

I'm from Montreal as well! Montreal North to be exact. And currently living on the West Coast and it's mostly boring farm lands (don't mean to burst the best coast bubble though!). If you like hiking it makes it almost bearable. Just picture rainy farmlands and that's the gist of the west coast. 

I appreciate your honesty about not speaking french well but I do fully expect you to practice and then talk dirty.

I'm from the North too (Outremont). What made you move out to BC? Especially since you say it's all boring farmland. Do you miss it in Montreal? and more importantly are you a Habs fan?!

Well if you're willing to let me practice with you how can I say no to that? la terre, la saleté, le sol.

#35 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

I'm from the North too (Outremont). What made you move out to BC? Especially since you say it's all boring farmland. Do you miss it in Montreal? and more importantly are you a Habs fan?!

Well if you're willing to let me practice with you how can I say no to that? la terre, la saleté, le sol.

Don't think I've ever been out there but I know people from there! My parents wanted to move out here. So we did, when I was 16. And then at 17 they realized it's a boring farm land and moved back to Montreal (St Leonard). And I stayed in the wild west. Mostly because I had just met my current boyfriend and the idea of being on my own without parental supervision at 17 was greatly appealing despite having to support myself (I was an idiot, I know). I don't miss Montreal because I go back there every year to visit my fam jam. One day we should meet up and eat poutine and snort maple syrup.

Why do you even want to come out west? I've never met anyone from the east wanting to do that. I guess it's better in the sense that it is a lot cleaner and less congested. If you like nature, you'll like the west mon ami.

edit: and no, I'm not a habs fan. I don't watch hockey. But I did thoroughly enjoy partaking in prosecuting the idiots who rioted at my old job. :p

#36 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

Don't think I've ever been out there but I know people from there! My parents wanted to move out here. So we did, when I was 16. And then at 17 they realized it's a boring farm land and moved back to Montreal (St Leonard). And I stayed in the wild west. Mostly because I had just met my current boyfriend and the idea of being on my own without parental supervision at 17 was greatly appealing despite having to support myself (I was an idiot, I know). I don't miss Montreal because I go back there every year to visit my fam jam. One day we should meet up and eat poutine and snort maple syrup.

Why do you even want to come out west? I've never met anyone from the east wanting to do that. I guess it's better in the sense that it is a lot cleaner and less congested. If you like nature, you'll like the west mon ami.

edit: and no, I'm not a habs fan. I don't watch hockey. But I did thoroughly enjoy partaking in prosecuting the idiots who rioted at my old job. :p

I don't think I've ever been to St. Leonard but there's always a first time for everything. I usually go back once or twice a year to visit my younger sister who just graduated from Concordia. My older sister and I started recently staying at the Fairmont hotel on Rene Levesque recently because we get a good deal since she (older sister) works there. That would be cool to eat poutine and snort maple syrup or even go for a smoked meat sandwich or St. Viateur bagle. 

That makes sense on why you moved there (family), it's why I've been heavily considering moving out there myself. The grandparents who currently live in SoCal said that if they had to live anywhere in Canada it'd be in Vancouver. I guess you could say that I'm just looking for a change of scenery and am tired of having to drive through the snow. Although I did get this Canada Goose jacket through work that would probably go to waste in a place like Vancouver... 

#37 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

je t'aime petit chéri

Somebody give this woman a petite cherry

#38 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:29 AM

LOL. I didn't know anyone liked Justin that much. Is it only because of the hair?? Also I'm pretty impressed you know the anthem in french. Can't say I know the same. :p

Well I do live in the only officially bilingual province in Canada :p We have to learn both in school.

#39 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:13 AM

Well I do live in the only officially bilingual province in Canada :p We have to learn both in school.

I learned the anthem in French too :D Grade 3/4 for sure. Our French teacher also taught us how to pray in French which is something I don't think many other students cared for.

#40 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:17 AM

I learned the anthem in French too :D Grade 3/4 for sure. Our French teacher also taught us how to pray in French which is something I don't think many other students cared for.

That's good! French is important... it could afford to be less important here tbh. TAKE ME TO ALBERTA PLS.

#41 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:35 AM

I don't think I've ever been to St. Leonard but there's always a first time for everything. I usually go back once or twice a year to visit my younger sister who just graduated from Concordia. My older sister and I started recently staying at the Fairmont hotel on Rene Levesque recently because we get a good deal since she (older sister) works there. That would be cool to eat poutine and snort maple syrup or even go for a smoked meat sandwich or St. Viateur bagle. 

That makes sense on why you moved there (family), it's why I've been heavily considering moving out there myself. The grandparents who currently live in SoCal said that if they had to live anywhere in Canada it'd be in Vancouver. I guess you could say that I'm just looking for a change of scenery and am tired of having to drive through the snow. Although I did get this Canada Goose jacket through work that would probably go to waste in a place like Vancouver... 

Oooh, my auntie works for Concordia. Very good school. I haven't had a St Viateur bagel (ashamed to say) but I suppose I could add it in after the snorting of syrup.

Yup, there's definitely no snow here. You'll have that to look forward to. I guess it gets about -10 at most here (lol) so no need for that jacket BUT it's never really cold here which is something that will blow your mind. You can always visit first and see if you dig it.

Yeah but I'm from Quebec. You'd think we have to learn only the french one. :p

#42 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:38 PM

Oooh, my auntie works for Concordia. Very good school. I haven't had a St Viateur bagel (ashamed to say) but I suppose I could add it in after the snorting of syrup.

Yup, there's definitely no snow here. You'll have that to look forward to. I guess it gets about -10 at most here (lol) so no need for that jacket BUT it's never really cold here which is something that will blow your mind. You can always visit first and see if you dig it.

Hmm that is weird :p In NB we are "required" to sing both every morning during School years.

#43 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

I just realized that I didn't comment on this before. You used to prosecute people?

Neat! That's gotta be a good gig for her, I bet she loves it. :o No St. Viateur bagles?! Nuuuu, you must have them, they're world renowned! Might as well go to Troi Brasseur and Juliette et Chocolat while we're at it. 

-10 is sorta pitiful but at the same time that's still sorta chilly. Did it take you a while to adjust to not having to deal with snow? I got a few coworkers that live out there that tell me I have a place to stay if I ever decide to visit so I guess I've got that going for me. Perhaps it'll end up being a place that's nice to visit but not to live. Not sure if I'd be able to handle the slower pace of life that is the West Coast. 

If it makes you feel any better I went to the only English speaking school while in Montreal so that's probably why my French is as bad as it is. 

#44 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:10 PM

Hmm that is weird :p In NB we are "required" to sing both every morning during School years.

HAHAHA. I absolutely would have hated doing that.

I just realized that I didn't comment on this before. You used to prosecute people?

Neat! That's gotta be a good gig for her, I bet she loves it. :o No St. Viateur bagles?! Nuuuu, you must have them, they're world renowned! Might as well go to Troi Brasseur and Juliette et Chocolat while we're at it. 

-10 is sorta pitiful but at the same time that's still sorta chilly. Did it take you a while to adjust to not having to deal with snow? I got a few coworkers that live out there that tell me I have a place to stay if I ever decide to visit so I guess I've got that going for me. Perhaps it'll end up being a place that's nice to visit but not to live. Not sure if I'd be able to handle the slower pace of life that is the West Coast. 

If it makes you feel any better I went to the only English speaking school while in Montreal so that's probably why my French is as bad as it is. 

My old work did and I helped with lame leg work. But it was still hilarious to me to see these guys who are totally average joes get into so much trouble over a lost hockey game.

Never been to those places either! You can be my tour guide.

It's not really cold, it's just wet. So everywhere you go in the winter your socks and pants get wet. It's nothing compared to what you guys get over there that's for sure. Trust me, once you leave you will definitely not miss the snow. But you will miss the hustle and bustle. Plus from Quebec you can fly to so many beautiful tropical places for so cheap. It's over twice the price for us to go to like Mexico for example. You guys got it good with cheap vacations. But you should take their offer up and visit at least!

LOL me too. I feel you. I'm good orally but I suck with written.

#45 Mythi

Mythi
  • 12 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:18 PM

definitely 

What is your favourite (I spell that with a u because I'M IN CANADA) part about being Canadian?

not being american

I live in one

Where aboots in Canada do you live?

west coast represent

https://youtu.be/c86-9HitWg0?t=51s

my blood is 99% poutine, i live off of it

Do you speak French?

high school education level amount of it 

i'm gonna give u an eiffel tower tonight ;) 

oops not in french
:canada:

#46 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:59 PM

My old work did and I helped with lame leg work. But it was still hilarious to me to see these guys who are totally average joes get into so much trouble over a lost hockey game.

Never been to those places either! You can be my tour guide.

It's not really cold, it's just wet. So everywhere you go in the winter your socks and pants get wet. It's nothing compared to what you guys get over there that's for sure. Trust me, once you leave you will definitely not miss the snow. But you will miss the hustle and bustle. Plus from Quebec you can fly to so many beautiful tropical places for so cheap. It's over twice the price for us to go to like Mexico for example. You guys got it good with cheap vacations. But you should take their offer up and visit at least!

LOL me too. I feel you. I'm good orally but I suck with written.

Lame leg work eh? Still fun to see all these people in for doing stupid stuff. Oh yeah, it's amazing how passionate people in Canada take their hockey. Were you in Vancouver when the Canucks lost to the Bruins? That must've been terrifying.

:o! What do you do when you're in Montreal then? It'd be an honour to be your tour guide but only if you can be mine for a bit as well. Probably won't be  there until Christmas though. 

So does that mean that hunter boots are super popular? At least for girls? Which would probably be the equivalent to Uggs in the East. On the bright side all the rain must mean that everything is super lush and green. Surprised how many forest fires you guys had out west this year though. What's Vancity like? Other than it being nicknamed "Hongcouver" and having an average house of like 1.1 million I don't know much about it. It's pretty crazy how expensive it is to fly to and from Vancouver. Probably why I haven't visited yet because with the same cost I could fly to SoCal. But you should be able to drive down to Seattle or something and then fly out from there no?

I'm sure you get a lot of oral practice :p

#47 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:43 PM

I want to go skiing. 

It's August.

<1 month til it's gonna snow somewhere in this province....

#48 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

Meh. Give me a curvy girl over the bellybuttons any day of the week. What about bread trying to kill you?

American wheat products make me break out in 'eczema' and make my hips hurt. Canadian and Australian ones don't. It's weird.

#49 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:47 PM

American wheat products make me break out in 'eczema' and make my hips hurt. Canadian and Australian ones don't. It's weird.

When my family needs to buy agricultural products which are imported, we almost usually try to buy Canadian/Australian. Ice-cream for example, I believe the dairy used is legally required to be rBGH free.

#50 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

too much stuff is more expensive in Canada than south and they complain we go south to buy our goods ...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: canadian, shit, only, americans, get, the, hell, out, eh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users