• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:50 PM

Ladies and gents, I'm considering getting boudoir shots (dudoir shots if you're a dude) of myself for my husband (and myself, what person doesn't wanna feel sexy?).

What are your thoughts on this? Would you do this for your significant other or yourself?

#2 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:54 PM

!!

I bought my significant other something for the holiday and I can only hope she loved it as much as I did. I want her to feel as sexy as I know she is to every one else. She accidentally left it with her, but if she didn't I'd be begging with all my power to have her take pictures in it for me.

err mfw I remember she is a member here :ninja:

Edited by rwmurrayVT, 29 December 2015 - 07:54 PM.

#3 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:59 PM

!!

I bought my significant other something for the holiday and I can only hope she loved it as much as I did. I want her to feel as sexy as I know she is to every one else. She accidentally left it with her, but if she didn't I'd be begging with all my power to have her take pictures in it for me.

mfw you pretend you forgot she's a member here

#4 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:00 PM

Usually for fat ugly chicks in their 40s, but whatever floats your boat/tickles your pickle.

#5 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

!!

That's awesome. I am thinking of doing this for V-Day. 

Usually for fat ugly chicks in their 40s, but whatever floats your boat/tickles your pickle.

That's an unnecessary qualification, but okay.

#6 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:08 PM

I'd rather take them than have her have someone else take them but that's just cuz I want to work on that.I have a related question, I've taken some racy pics of girls that I think are pretty good, would you as a random instagram user be offended seeing that in your feed?

#7 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:12 PM

I'd rather take them than have her have someone else take them but that's just cuz I want to work on that.I have a related question, I've taken some racy pics of girls that I think are pretty good, would you as a random instagram user be offended seeing that in your feed?

No, but you should make sure you have the consent of the girl(s) in the photos before sharing them.

#8 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:15 PM

That actually makes sense. I wonder how my husband would feel if I asked him to take the photos himself. We sort of have the equipment to do boudoir shots and I could easily photoshop myself and get them printed.

But anyways, I would with the context you gave me. Unless you got consent from those women, I feel it'd be pretty shitty to upload them to Instagram, even if you felt they were compelling and beautiful. How would you feel if you, or maybe your sister (if you have one), had racy photos uploaded to one of the largest photo-sharing social platforms, without your knowledge or consent? The internet is a brutal place. People are especially mean on places like Instagram and Reddit. Imagine the kinds of nasty comments people might leave, slut-shaming these women, and you were an accessory to that, without their knowledge. 

#9 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

I don't see the point.

#10 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:54 PM

No, I'd just roll my eyes, unfollow, and continue scrolling.

#11 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:57 PM

Obviously would be with consent..kind of ridiculous that would even need to be brought up

No, I'd just roll my eyes, unfollow, and continue scrolling.

Lol oh no

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:04 PM

My SO did this for me for my 30th and gave them to me in a nice little album. She had her best friend who is a photographer herself, take them, so no weirdness or anything there. I thought it was an awesome present and loved the fact that she wanted to do it for both me and for herself. FYI she ain't no fat ugly chick in her 40's either ;)

#13 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:18 PM

http://imgur.com/RmxXeNI

#14 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:22 PM

Please, no one post the Tinychat Screenshot That Shall Not Be Named.

#15 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:49 PM

Only if you pose like your avatar with the exact same face.

#16 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:54 PM

That would be me. REOW!

Please, no one post the Tinychat Screenshot That Shall Not Be Named.

So tempted to right now.

#17 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:28 PM

My SO did this for me for my 30th and gave them to me in a nice little album. She had her best friend who is a photographer herself, take them, so no weirdness or anything there. I thought it was an awesome present and loved the fact that she wanted to do it for both me and for herself. FYI she ain't no fat ugly chick in her 40's either ;)

This is the kind of input I was really looking for... someone with experience giving or receiving. I'm definitely not in my 40s and I'm not fat either, but you know sexy shots. Besides, I've seen tons of sexy boudoir shots of young, skinny women and they are quite pleasant to look at.  :rolleyes:

Obviously would be with consent..kind of ridiculous that would even need to be brought up

Lol oh no

Well, given the context, you didn't really specify. I tend to assume the worst -- nothing personal. With clarification, I wouldn't give a fuck. Nakedness doesn't bother me. Artistically, I could appreciate the photos. But otherwise, whatever.

@Honchkrow I could make that happen. Not sure I can my eyebrows look like my av though. 

Edited by Coops, 29 December 2015 - 10:29 PM.

#18 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:16 AM

Lol oh no

Actually it's not obvious because you have a track record of sharing people's private pictures without asking.

#19 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:20 AM

Actually it's not obvious because you have a track record of sharing people's private pictures without asking.

Consent is totally obvious for the Internet but not for the real world lmfao >.>

Also, There's an article that went viral about a wife who got her husband boudoir photos and the husband bypassed the wife and asked the photographer for the unedited ones. It was pretty sweet.

#20 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:30 AM

The only thing that matters is if you and your partner will enjoy them, the opinion of anybody else is irrelevant (especially childish ones which we've already seen one example of in here).

Consent is totally obvious for the Internet but not for the real world lmfao >.>

Also, There's an article that went viral about a wife who got her husband boudoir photos and the husband bypassed the wife and asked the photographer for the unedited ones. It was pretty sweet.

I remember that story, from what I recall the photographer had airbrushed out all the imperfections and stretch marks etc but the husband said he liked those features because they tell the story of their life together so he wanted the original photos instead.

#21 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

I think if both parties are comfortable with them they are a great gift to give! It is always nice to have sexy pictures of your SO like that. I say go for it! (it is also nice for you to have. My wife has sent me plenty of boudoir-esque pictures, and I sent her some the other day when she was feeling like 9-months pregnant women oft feel. It made her day to remember how she looked pre-beachball.)

#22 ellemenno

ellemenno
  • 12 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:30 AM

I vote a big yes for boudoir photos.  They're not just sexy - they're fun, too!

I think the important thing is that you have them taken for yourself.  (And then your significant other can reap the benefits via photo album, or however you choose to present them.  I would personally choose a huge, life-size photo hanging over the mantle...thankfully, I don't have a mantle.)

But honestly, regardless of other people's opinions about your age, or your body, or the morality of being tastefully revealing or nude around a stranger, a boudoir shoot should be all about you and having a freakin' blast.  Like you said, who doesn't want to feel sexy?  

And when you're 100 and you've got some saggy parts, and a few wrinkles, you and your man/woman can retreat to the hidden room in your futuristic house and reminisce happily about the 'good ol days' but then realize you've aged beautifully like a nice wine - and hot dang, you decide you'll have some new ones taken....

#23 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:30 AM

You do you. Don't worry about what strangers on the internet think, it's for you and your hubby, if you think he'll like it go ahead and look more into it.

#24 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:47 AM

I would have laugh at some people's responses here, but they're too pathetic for me to make that effort. 

@Coops, I don't see the difference between this and any other present you would give to your partner. If you think he will like it and you're comfortable with yourself to do it, I don't see why not. Go for it and have fun.

#25 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:30 AM

Totally agree with Rocket, you do you!

Spoiler

Damn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users