Huh?

#177 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:02 PM

we're pretty much all assholes

I can be a right c**t at times, but only when I HAVE to be.

#178 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:03 PM

I can be a right c**t at times, but only when I HAVE to be.

I can be, but not without good reason. 

If I'm being mean, then something's probably pretty wrong, I'm one of the most chill people out there.

#179 Violent_J

Violent_J
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:20 PM

In all fairness, Yung was pretty much powerless to do anything to stop the fall.

The owners didn't care.

We cared. lol

It's a little more complicated than that. No one offered to admin the site in our stead besides Yung. Swar and I said fuck that we'd rather it die. xD

No programs. No revenue. Swar was graduating college with a better job and I was raising a two year old getting consecutive promotions at work. 

#180 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:23 PM

It's a little more complicated than that. No one offered to admin the site in our stead besides Yung. Swar and I said fuck that we'd rather it die. xD

I'm laughing way too fucking hard.

#181 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:25 PM

I'm laughing way too fucking hard.

Yung /really/ wanted that admin position.

#182 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:30 PM

Yung /really/ wanted that admin position.

I don't know what it is about him.

He does a lot for whatever site he's on BUT he always has an ulterior motive. He can't be on a site and just BE. It has to come with a position of power. When his contributions are viewed through that lens, they aren't genuine.

I've been a member of Codex for a long time and enjoyed being a normal user. Have I applied for moderator postions? Sure! Am I super butt hurt when someone more qualified gets the position instead of me? No.

Yung always took it personally and it got to the point where his self-inflated sense of worth was his worst enemy,

#183 Violent_J

Violent_J
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:38 PM

Yung had some once in a blue moon good ideas. Such as the collectibles idea. But his people skills are so low (lower than mine even) that no one will follow or respect him which is much needed in a leadership position. Our hierarchy was too low for his dickiness to get filtered out before it touched the members. 

In some instances I felt sorry for him because sometimes his words were just taken completely out of context in the wrong way such as mine is sometimes. Others we're sitting here saying da'fuq. 

#184 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:38 PM

I don't know what it is about him.

He does a lot for whatever site he's on BUT he always has an ulterior motive. He can't be on a site and just BE. It has to come with a position of power. When his contributions are viewed through that lens, they aren't genuine.

I've been a member of Codex for a long time and enjoyed being a normal user. Have I applied for moderator postions? Sure! Am I super butt hurt when someone more qualified gets the position instead of me? No.

Yung always took it personally and it got to the point where his self-inflated sense of worth was his worst enemy,

That I noticed. At first he seems really awesome and helpful, and the longer you work with him, the worse it gets.

And that's the right attitude to have tbh, if you get rejected for a position just take it like a man and try harder, or just enjoy your current position.

Personally, I don't ever want to be staff or anything. was a sectional on ZB and that was enough of a taste to know I don't want to do that again :p

#185 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:44 PM

Oooo, if we're talking Zombians related drama, here's a drama alert: http://zombians.com/...-site/?p=151028

Known & admitted dealer of stolen goods talks shit about Codex, because he wasn't given a chance to sell here. He was even gonna like pinky-promise not to deal in stolen stuff here, mang.

Says on the Zombians thread that everyone should therefore make new account if they wanna come here and trade, because of course everyone knowingly deals with stolen stuff like he does. <_<

(Here's his previous post that he refers to in that post, which told everyone to make a new account to trade: http://zombians.com/...e-2#entry151009 )

#186 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

Oooo, if we're talking Zombians related drama, here's a drama alert: http://zombians.com/...-site/?p=151028

Known & admitted dealer of stolen goods talks shit about Codex, because he wasn't given a chance to sell here. He was even gonna like pinky-promise not to deal in stolen stuff here, mang.

Says on the Zombians thread that everyone should therefore make new account if they wanna come here and trade, because of course everyone knowingly deals with stolen stuff like he does. <_<

(Here's his previous post that he refers to in that post, which told everyone to make a new account to trade: http://zombians.com/...e-2#entry151009 )

He seems bitter lmao

#187 Stitch

Stitch
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:48 PM

But his people skills are so low (lower than mine even)

That says a lot

<3​

#188 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:55 PM

He seems bitter lmao

Yaa...and actually I don't know why. He is actually a very established and well known seller, albeit one known to deal with shady goods. Maybe he didn't know that people who deal with stolen stuff elsewhere, can't sell here either, and then got pissed when he found out this way or something, I dunno.

#189 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:02 PM

Try making a second account to trade and you'll get banned faster than you say codex. 

#190 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:24 PM

Yaa...and actually I don't know why. He is actually a very established and well known seller, albeit one known to deal with shady goods. Maybe he didn't know that people who deal with stolen stuff elsewhere, can't sell here either, and then got pissed when he found out this way or something, I dunno.

I dunno, back when I used to deal with stolen stuff, I asked staff if it was still okay for me to trade if I only sold legit stuff here, this was like 2010 or 2011 so it was a long while back. I was allowed to, and I never sold anything stolen here. I no longer deal with it at all because I feel it's morally wrong.

(Actually I barely even traded at all here back then, I did 99% of my deals back on DZ)

So I dunno, I never got trade banned and I was upfront and honest about the fact that I did that stuff at the time.

#191 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:28 PM

Try making a second account to trade and you'll get banned faster than you say codex. 

I know right. That was the first thing about his posts that made me facepalm. And he's the currently most long-time mod of the other site too...

I dunno, back when I used to deal with stolen stuff, I asked staff if it was still okay for me to trade if I only sold legit stuff here, this was like 2010 or 2011 so it was a long while back. I was allowed to, and I never sold anything stolen here. I no longer deal with it at all because I feel it's morally wrong.

(Actually I barely even traded at all here back then, I did 99% of my deals back on DZ)

So I dunno, I never got trade banned and I was upfront and honest about the fact that I did that stuff at the time.

He seems like the kind who would actually like, go hack into people's accounts and steal the stuff himself though. Which is kiinda different...

#192 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:35 PM

I know right. That was the first thing about his posts that made me facepalm. And he's the currently most long-time mod of the other site too...

He seems like the kind who would actually like, go hack into people's accounts and steal the stuff himself though. Which is kiinda different...

That's true. I've never actually hijacked an account myself, but I used to accept free shells from friends and loot the stuff off them and sell it.

#193 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:50 PM

Zom who?

#194 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:17 AM

The thing with our trade bans here is we do them proactively due to the fact the seller is known to trade in stolen/illegitimately obtained/hacked goods. No matter if someone claims that they won't sell stolen stuff here, we cannot determine what is and what isn't stolen after the fact. Once we have proof that someone has been known to deal in stolen goods, kiss your trading privileges goodbye. We have done this for years now and have one of the safest trading sections around. There has been a steady decline in scamming incidents as well as an increase in more security for people who are doing the right thing and only selling/buying items/pets/accounts that belong to them or the person they're buying from.

#195 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:20 AM

^as strat said its one of the best ways of dealing with stuff like this.

Its a shame I never heard nor went on Zombians I was NC, IA and another one I cant remember the name of might have been one that soggywaffles had a prog released.

#196 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:29 AM

Aandd the guy's still arguing, after having every one of his points he raised so far rebutted already (in a friendly, completely polite, completely professional way by our guys by the way). His latest post: http://zombians.com/...e-3#entry151092

Ah yes, of course, these sites are "primarily Neopets selling sites". And thus it is dumb to ban such a reputable seller as he is because he also deals with stolen goods, quite conveniently. :rolleyes:

Is it that he just, really, really, really doesn't get the community part or what? o.O

#197 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:39 AM

Bettser has always been bitter with us. Oh well, his loss :)

#198 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:41 AM

Aandd the guy's still arguing, after having every one of his points he raised so far rebutted already (in a friendly, completely polite, completely professional way by our guys by the way). His latest post: http://zombians.com/...e-3#entry151092

Ah yes, of course, these sites are "primarily Neopets selling sites". And thus it is dumb to ban such a reputable seller as he is because he also deals with stolen goods, quite conveniently. :rolleyes:

Is it that he just, really, really, really doesn't get the community part or what? o.O

He's just butthurt because he's used to people kissing his toes.

#199 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:43 AM

The thing with our trade bans here is we do them proactively due to the fact the seller is known to trade in stolen/illegitimately obtained/hacked goods. No matter if someone claims that they won't sell stolen stuff here, we cannot determine what is and what isn't stolen after the fact. Once we have proof that someone has been known to deal in stolen goods, kiss your trading privileges goodbye. We have done this for years now and have one of the safest trading sections around. There has been a steady decline in scamming incidents as well as an increase in more security for people who are doing the right thing and only selling/buying items/pets/accounts that belong to them or the person they're buying from.

Yes, and it's our right to do this. Much like how countries can prevent people from coming into their borders who have some kind of shady history, lol.

If people don't like it, they are free to go ahead and complain about it. They'll probably be complaining about it in the company of people we don't care to know or have on the site, because everyone else will be here. :p

#200 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:47 AM

He's just butthurt because he's used to people kissing his toes.

Yes, and it's our right to do this. Much like how countries can prevent people from coming into their borders who have some kind of shady history, lol.

If people don't like it, they are free to go ahead and complain about it. They'll probably be complaining about it in the company of people we don't care to know or have on the site, because everyone else will be here. :p

Hahaha yeahh. It just really annoys me how righteous and self-serving all his arguments are. Basically everything is about him being so reputable and our policy being like so dum for banning someone as reputable as him (and people like him) from trading. :rolleyes: And even if he makes other points, it ultimately just serves this purpose.

I don't hate ck, and indeed browse there myself fairly regularly. Most people there are fairly friendly and helpful even. But this, this is a lil disgusting. :/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, zb, zombians

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users