• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:35 AM

It seems like everyone here seems to like music of one kind or another and I'd like to know more about that!

What is the best concert you've ever been to? Why?

What's the most you ever paid for a concert?

What band would you have loved to see and will never have the chance?

Any concerts you were disappointed by?

Anyone that sounds better on CD than live?

Share away :D 

#2 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:39 AM

Seeing Our Lady Peace was pretty amazing and Slowcoaster opened for them. It was at an event here called FredRock Fest. I go super drunk and we bounced large balls around the crowd. Good times.

#3 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:46 AM

I cried when I saw The National live. And I've seen them way too many times since, and I'll keep seeing them every time they tour over here.

Arcade Fire I was a bit disappointed in live. Guillemots I was very disappointed in.

There's a lot of stuff that I've seen at festivals, where it's not so much that its better than the CD, it's that I just didn't care about them before seeing them live. Like I don't care for Elbow, but Grounds for Divorce live is utterly spectacular.

(Someone move this too. *grumbles*)

#4 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:50 AM

I suspect British Sea Power will always be my favourite live band mainly because you never know what to expect from them (except foliage, always expect the foliage).

#5 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:52 AM

Thanks thread moving monkey. <3

#6 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:57 AM

What is the best concert you've ever been to? Why? This could very well be a toss up but the one I attended most recently is among my favorites. It had four bands who could easily all be headliners on their own tour, and have in fact headlined tours in the past. To have four huge artists on one bill was phenomenal. It was the Bands vs Food Tour and it featured Memphis May Fire, We Came As Romans, Miss May I, and For Today (all huge metalcore/hardcore acts). The show was April 28th and the ticket only cost $27. I am getting too old to be going to these rowdy venues and having to be up for work the next morning, so it may very well be the last show I see for a while.

What's the most you ever paid for a concert? I don't believe I've ever paid over $50.

What band would you have loved to see and will never have the chance? Fortunately I've seen every band I ever wanted to see with the exception of Linkin Park, and I am sure I will get that opportunity at some point in the future. I wouldn't mind seeing Slipknot either, but that is also one I can probably accomplish someday. 

Any concerts you were disappointed by? I've never had a bad concert experience. However, my fiance loves country music and I sadly do not. I will be seeing several country acts with her this summer, including Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, Darius Rucker, and Florida Georgia Line.

#7 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

Seeing Our Lady Peace was pretty amazing

RAINE MAIDA IS LIFE. 

I cried when I saw The National live. And I've seen them way too many times since, and I'll keep seeing them every time they tour over here.

Arcade Fire I was a bit disappointed in live. Guillemots I was very disappointed in.

(Someone move this too. *grumbles*)

I would probably die if I got to see The National. I'm glad to hear that they're amazing live. When I saw Arcade Fire they were good but nothing special; I prefer them on CD for sure. I keep putting my threads in the wrong place and I"m sorry. S/O to the mod who keeps moving them and not complaining. ilu.

I suspect British Sea Power will always be my favourite live band mainly because you never know what to expect from them (except foliage, always expect the foliage).

I have no idea who this is but I'm going to go listen to them.

What band would you have loved to see and will never have the chance? Fortunately I've seen every band I ever wanted to see with the exception of Linkin Park, and I am sure I will get that opportunity at some point in the future. I wouldn't mind seeing Slipknot either, but that is also one I can probably accomplish someday. 

Any concerts you were disappointed by? I've never had a bad concert experience. However, my fiance loves country music and I sadly do not. I will be seeing several country acts with her this summer, including Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, Darius Rucker, and Florida Georgia Line.

Linkin Park is amazing but I always hear murmurs that they aren't gonna make it on tour again :| Which would suck for sure.

Thats pretty awesome you'll go to concerts just to make your love happy. That's really sweet.

#8 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:18 AM

I would probably die if I got to see The National. I'm glad to hear that they're amazing live. When I saw Arcade Fire they were good but nothing special; I prefer them on CD for sure. I keep putting my threads in the wrong place and I"m sorry. S/O to the mod who keeps moving them and not complaining. ilu.

Waser is being a good egg and doing my bidding. :p

I've seen The National sooo many times and they're always always excellent. If you get the opportunity to see them, go. And I saw Matt's side project El Vy live last year, and they were great too, despite me not liking about half the album at the time. 

#9 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

Linkin Park is amazing but I always hear murmurs that they aren't gonna make it on tour again :| Which would suck for sure.

Thats pretty awesome you'll go to concerts just to make your love happy. That's really sweet.

I missed them when I was 15 or so which was at the height of my interest in them. My music tastes have gotten progressively heavier since then, but a lot of the bands I like now definitely were influenced by LP, and I would go to their show for the nostalgia if nothing else.

#10 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:21 AM

Waser is being a good egg and doing my bidding. :p

I've seen The National sooo many times and they're always always excellent. If you get the opportunity to see them, go. And I saw Matt's side project El Vy live last year, and they were great too, despite me not liking about half the album at the time. 

Sometimes I see a band live in the same situation and music that I didn't like or was uncertain on beforehand ends up growing on me because it was performed so well.

I missed them when I was 15 or so which was at the height of my interest in them. My music tastes have gotten progressively heavier since then, but a lot of the bands I like now definitely were influenced by LP, and I would go to their show for the nostalgia if nothing else.

Ya I missed seeng Rise Against in the same way. But I still adore them. I just don't listen to them as much as I used to.

#11 Sony

Sony
  • 47 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:26 AM

ive always had the best time at lady gaga shows, the energy is just so amazing, marina and the diamonds is another good one.

tickets were like 200$ so its definitely the most ive paid.

i was a little disappointed in the lana del rey show i went to, it was well worth it im not gonna lie but i expected more?

lorde most definitely sounds better on cd than live

#12 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:27 AM

i was a little disappointed in the lana del rey show i went to, it was well worth it im not gonna lie but i expected more?

lorde most definitely sounds better on cd than live

Due to unfortunate events I had to cancel my trip to Montreal to see Lana last year... that's a good thing I guess :\

#13 Sony

Sony
  • 47 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:32 AM

Due to unfortunate events I had to cancel my trip to Montreal to see Lana last year... that's a good thing I guess :\

i wouldnt say that, ive seen what she can do live. She can deliver.

The show was in LA so the hype was insane

#14 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

What is the best concert you've ever been to? Why?

30 Seconds To Mars concert in Paris. My friend dragged me with me, I'll never forget that 10 hour train ride and exploring Paris with my friend. The concert itself was great too, such an amazing vibe, the band was lovely and kept coming onto the stage, engaging with the crowd. They also sound pretty good live. Not even a fan of 30 Seconds To Mars tbh.

What's the most you ever paid for a concert?

See above. The tickets plus the train tickets plus the hotel plus shopping expenses... All in all probably close to 900 in 2 days.

What band would you have loved to see and will never have the chance?

Nightwish with Tarja Turunen and Summoning. I really really want to see Summoning live, but idk if they even give concerts at all. And I got into Nightwish JUST BEFORE Tarja was kicked out. Bummer,

Any concerts you were disappointed by?

Nightwish with Annett Olzon. Nah mate, not my cup of tea and zero chemistry with the crowd. Plus I just never liked her voice.

Anyone that sounds better on CD than live?

Nnnnightwish sometimes. 

#15 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

I love live music. It's like sex, even when it's bad, it's pretty good. They're all good. If anything, RHCP and Snoop Dog was the worst because we were so far away from the stage.

I paid ~200 each to see Metallica and Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Worth it for both of them; Metallica was more for general admission and I ended up right in the front.

Oh, I dunno. There's a lot of dead people who used to play music. I've never really had the urge to see Nirvana or the Beatles. I want to see Sublime, I guess. And Alice in Chains.

I saw Hinder once in the beginning of their career (yay oklahoma?) and they were much better on the radio than live. I'm sure it had to do with inexperience though. And I was annoyed by Disturbed live, because dude had way too many opinions on politics that year. It must've been election year, because the next time I saw them, they talked about other stuff.

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:41 PM

All the bands I want to see aren't coming near me, but fucking ICP is. I hate this city.

Guess I should answer the thread question

I've only been to three different concerts: Rammstein, Weird Al, and the Symphony of the Goddesses. Saw the first and third twice, and the second thrice. I have to say Rammstein was the most entertaining if only for the penis cannon.

Right now I want to see BABYMETAL, but nooo Canada isn't cool enough for their world tour.

#17 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:00 PM

Best concert: I went to see Local Natives and they were amazing. They sound even better live than they do recorded. The Griswolds are up there live as well (but I may be biased because their gig was free).

The most I've paid for a concert was £40 and I didn't even get to go, sold the tickets off. I've not been disappointed by any of the bands I've seen so far but that may be because I only see bands I love.

Edited by Bee, 17 May 2016 - 03:01 PM.

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:39 AM

We went and saw Foghat, Night Ranger, and Boston over the weekend cause we're secretly 60. 

Pretty sure Foghat's sound guys were drunk, cause their vocals kept cutting in and out sharply. Night Ranger was good, probably would've enjoyed it better if I actually were familiar with them lol. Boston was great. They didn't move around a lot cause obviously they're just this side of ancient, but they sounded fantastic, they had a good light show, and the one guy who looked one step away from a heart attack did an awesome job on the 12 string. The lead singer had a good stage presence and it was nice because you could tell he really enjoyed doing it. Plus, it was like $15. Worth it.

#19 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:00 AM

We went and saw Foghat, Night Ranger, and Boston over the weekend cause we're secretly 60. 

Pretty sure Foghat's sound guys were drunk, cause their vocals kept cutting in and out sharply. Night Ranger was good, probably would've enjoyed it better if I actually were familiar with them lol. Boston was great. They didn't move around a lot cause obviously they're just this side of ancient, but they sounded fantastic, they had a good light show, and the one guy who looked one step away from a heart attack did an awesome job on the 12 string. The lead singer had a good stage presence and it was nice because you could tell he really enjoyed doing it. Plus, it was like $15. Worth it.

HA I'm going to see the same line up this Friday!

Best Concert I've been to........so hard to pick as I've been to so many great ones but I'll be weird and say Monkees, I've seen them so many times both with Davy and without Davy and even once with Mike....all great performances 

Most I've paid $200ish both for David Bowie and Tom Petty (separate concerts) Tom Petty was like 6th row though

Wish I could have seen the Doors maybe the Beatles post early sixties girls screaming so loud you can't hear a damn thing

I was kinda disappointed by the Bowie concert, not because of Bowie, Bowie was awesome, but because I got knocked upside the head by a drunk asshole not paying attention....ears were ringing kinda knock

PS I'm not anywhere near 60 I promise, I just like older stuff

Edited by Faeling, 09 June 2016 - 10:02 AM.

#20 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:04 AM

HA I'm going to see the same line up this Friday!

LOL you'll have to let me know if foghat gets their shit together or if that's just their normal play style.

#21 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:08 AM

LOL you'll have to let me know if foghat gets their shit together or if that's just their normal play style.

Will do! LOL  My bad it's a different line up, but Boston is still on the lineup

Edited by Faeling, 09 June 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#22 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

I took my fiance to see Kenny Chesney in a torrential downpour a couple weeks ago and nearly got into a brawl.

#23 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:40 PM

The Boy has pointed out that I didn't put Springsteen on my list of best live acts ever. Massive omission

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users