• Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:48 PM

1. Shell stocks UB X.
2. Main puts up junk trade
3. Shell offers X
4. Main gets X for junk item
If Tnt DOES look at all it would be obvious. With what I do, the main could just be a lucky reseller who got an item for cheap and can flip for profit. The only risk I feel like I have is if someone reports my shell's trade and it could be looked at and iced, but I feel like if they do look there shouldn't be reason to be suspicious of my main since they're paying something possibly legit for the items.

Ah i see.

Well, go ahead with this then, it's certainly safer than the methods listed in this study, which seems to have been chosen to be tested presumably because they didn't seem completely safe in the first place hahaha.

TNT doesn't look at things without reports these days though, as shown in this study and others. But thats been said enough already, in here and in other posts, and anyways you shouldnt do something if you really feel it may be unsafe.

#52 Kula

Kula
  • 71 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:48 PM

Thanks for the study. Im impressed with the time and dedication you put in to test this out. People can be a bitch sometimes with the report. Sigh.

#53 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:40 PM

Buying something from your shell like you were a reseller is safe enough and we already know it, no point in studying it. That's why thys study was intended to see what would happen and I would go reckless cheating and transferring.

TNT only check out accounts based on report nowadays because TNT lack manpower. 80% of original TNT was laid off or straight up fired, so TNT can't be checking every account like before.

#54 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:45 PM

Besides, they have a lot on their plate to go all detective and try to connect the dots just to ice someone. They have their legit players for that :p

#55 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:38 PM

Besides, they have a lot on their plate to go all detective and try to connect the dots just to ice someone. They have their legit players for that :p

It's funny how legit players are better finding cheaters than TNT haha

#56 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:07 AM

Some of them have made it a career even...except that it isn't a paying one.

Fact is, junk trades are likely to draw less suspicion from the general public because they only see someone putting a junk trade up, not what is actually being transferred. Yes, if tnt looks it will be obvious, but we've established that currently, tnt isn't look unless a report occurs, and with the junk trade going, unless you post on the boards that you've got a QFS for sale that you just rsed and you've got no record of ever being a good restocker on the boards, chances are you won't be reported. The higher end buys you usually want to sit on for a bit anyway because they will draw attention from legit players who missed it, and are bound to call you out if you get it and post it within a couple days.

#57 DDPink

DDPink
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

That's very interesting. Never thought about freeze rates like that.

#58 seadream454

seadream454
  • 44 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:36 AM

I'm glad you did this study, I've been skeptical of doing what group 2 did but now I know to avoid it.

#59 TrashcanV3

TrashcanV3
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:53 AM

thanks for sharing the freeze rate with us :D

#60 Nekita

Nekita
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:57 AM

thanks for the study, this is very useful :)

#61 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:00 AM

thanks for the study too and the easy postcount @Rogue

#62 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:01 AM

thanks for the study too and the easy postcount @Rogue

Sshh... How else are they supposed to get to 40 posts without using the +rep button?

#63 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:04 AM

Trading post is a safe way to get iced.

Not if you offer on a junk lot with the items you want to transfer, right? At least is what I can see on the study.

#64 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

Not if you offer on a junk lot with the items you want to transfer, right? At least is what I can see on the study.

Yeah, if you want to show your face at the TP you might as well have a pretty mainlike face.

#65 Harris

Harris
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for recording all this data :p

#66 immo

immo
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

Well I started just transferring items via junk trade on main and offering on sides with UBs a few days ago per suggestion of people on this thread as opposed to doing what I have been doing (offering very low but possible reseller offers) and just got chain iced. AB accounts were on a Vpn so no ip connection to the main. There goes 400m in items. Nice knowing you guys lol

#67 Daenarys

Daenarys
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:43 AM

Just stumbled on this guide, i have 7 accounts and one of them is my main which i never cheat on except for the odd SSing when the Daily Dare was going. I send items to my main from my shells that i acquire from the other shells, and sell them on my main and haven't had any problems yet, hopefully it stays that way. :)

#68 Rowlet

Rowlet
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:31 PM

I may have had trouble understanding your phrasing for group 3's results.

So what you're saying is, semi-main offers a junk trade that nobody pays attention to, and then the shell offers the high-value items so that it'll never be seen by the public?

#69 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:35 AM

I may have had trouble understanding your phrasing for group 3's results.

So what you're saying is, semi-main offers a junk trade that nobody pays attention to, and then the shell offers the high-value items so that it'll never be seen by the public?

Yeah, a semi main account would create a lot with a junk item, the shell accounts would offer on this lot.

#70 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:49 AM

Nice. Você está fazendo um jogo comigo, garota? :3

#71 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:18 PM

Updated!

#72 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:46 PM

Was there any activity on the accounts that are frozen recently, or you just left them untouched after you concluded your study?

Edited by Bendida, 20 June 2016 - 01:47 PM.

#73 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:55 PM

Was there any activity on the accounts that are frozen recently, or you just left them untouched after you concluded your study?

Completely untouched. I don't even know if they were frozen today because I don't login to them since forever.

#74 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:05 PM

UPDATE: 06/20/16

All accounts frozen from group 1, 2 and 3.

Ohh my god. So I guess it may be unsafe to transfer many many items through junk lots, every single day thenn? xD

#75 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

Ohh my god. So I guess it may be unsafe to transfer many many items through junk lots, every single day thenn? xD

Not sure, it's really weird since I never logged into these accounts since. I may have just been flagged for the AC and they frozen everything just to be extra safe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users