Quantcast

Photo

I've lowered my Abrosia settings to a minimum and I'm still missing almost every item

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#26 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:47 AM

I haven't started using that yet, they just introduced me to it now. I hope it will be able to help lol

I have some Amazon EC2 instances running, if you ever need help setting it up, drop me a PM.

#27 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:48 AM

25 hours per day! Looks like it can even create time :p I should sign up for this thing

Yup! Take note though: Every time you shut down the "instance" (like shutting down a computer), and then turn it back on, the "turning on" part costs you 1 hour (shutting down is free hahaha). Otherwise yeah, you're good to go if you run only one instance hahaha

#28 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

What are your actual buytimes right now @Hikimaru ? Thats the 4 digits followed by "ms" on Abrosia when you do snag an item. That's the "results" data that shows how fast you are actually snagging the items.

I actually didn't try ABing for some time since I'm not advanced anymore, but I used to lose a bunch of items when I was. I think my settings were a bit high though.

#29 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

I have some Amazon EC2 instances running, if you ever need help setting it up, drop me a PM.

Thank you! :D That's really nice of you, I'll do that

#30 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

And yeah it can get a little complicated setting it up and getting used to it at first by the way, so this help above might be useful. Just a heads-up chiming in~ xP

#31 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:49 AM

Yup! Take note though: Every time you shut down the "instance" (like shutting down a computer), and then turn it back on, the "turning on" part costs you 1 hour (shutting down is free hahaha). Otherwise yeah, you're good to go if you run only one instance hahaha

Oooooh so that's how it works, probably a good thing to know haha

#32 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:50 AM

@Tammy please share if that works with you. I might get this Amazong thing in the future too XD

#33 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:50 AM

Oooooh so that's how it works, probably a good thing to know haha

And if you "close" the instance while ABing, even closed it will go on Abing, so remember to always stop Abrosia.

#34 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:51 AM

I actually didn't try ABing for some time since I'm not advanced anymore, but I used to lose a bunch of items when I was. I think my settings were a bit high though.

Ah I seee! Generally the advice is to get your buytimes to ~1500ms, but to try not to go too low below that. Anything below 1400ms is basically inhuman hahaha and so not particularly safe, even if TNT doesn't really check stuff until you get reported these days.

I've noticed though, that you need like, go below 2000ms regularly to be competitive basically. Otherwise you won't grab items. Andd if someone hardcore *COUGHRogueCOUGH* is around, 1500ms won't snag you a whole lot in, say, Stamps or Magic either~ xPP

#35 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:52 AM

And if you "close" the instance while ABing, even closed it will go on Abing, so remember to always stop Abrosia.

Also very important information xP Thank you!

@Tammy please share if that works with you. I might get this Amazong thing in the future too XD

I'll let you know how it goes after I set it all up :D

#36 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:53 AM

Ah I seee! Generally the advice is to get your buytimes to ~1500ms, but to try not to go too low below that. Anything below 1400ms is basically inhuman hahaha and so not particularly safe, even if TNT doesn't really check stuff until you get reported these days.

I've noticed though, that you need like, go below 2000ms regularly to be competitive basically. Otherwise you won't grab items. Andd if someone hardcore *COUGHRogueCOUGH* is around, 1500ms won't snag you a whole lot in, say, Stamps or Magic either~ xPP

And if someone hardcore *COUGHCorryCOUGH* is around?

#37 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:54 AM

And if someone hardcore *COUGHCorryCOUGH* is around?

Then you just wait till he get's froze again by tomorrow.

#38 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:54 AM

At least Corry is out of the game now, with his 500ms buy times and 200 shells haha

#39 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:58 AM

I haven't started using that yet, they just introduced me to it now. I hope it will be able to help lol

Protip: Get a premade credit card, and sign up on amazon with a fake name, street address, phone number, etc. You'll be able to use EC2 for free until they catch on, then they'll try to charge the credit card and they won't be able too ^^. I was an idiot and got charged $250+ for one month lol.

#40 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:58 AM

At least Corry is out of the game now, with his 500ms buy times and 200 shells haha

Now we just have to wait Rogue  :rolleyes:

#41 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

There are other "hardcore" people around anyways, the type who would push past "safe" limits, especially now when it's obvious TNT isn't actually checking hahaha.

That said, while I do safe timings (and don't grab a whole lot actually :( ), I did manage to grab an R99 earlier today. And also an R96. Both have now been sold. Yup, was using an EC2 instance, not a particularly fast one as EC2 instances go either. So yes, still profitable really, if you want an idea~ :D

Protip: Get a premade credit card, and sign up on amazon with a fake name, street address, phone number, etc. You'll be able to use EC2 for free until they catch on, then they'll try to charge the credit card and they won't be able too ^^. I was an idiot and got charged $250+ for one month lol.

Yeah take note that the free trial thing lasts 12 months. It's plenty of time of course, but after that one has to be careful haha... @Hikimaru @Tammy

#42 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

Oh no D: How do I do that? I can't afford to be charged that much haha

#43 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:01 AM

There are other "hardcore" people around anyways, the type who would push past "safe" limits, especially now when it's obvious TNT isn't actually checking hahaha.

That said, while I do safe timings (and don't grab a whole lot actually :( ), I did manage to grab an R99 earlier today. And also an R96. Both have now been sold. Yup, was using an EC2 instance, not a particularly fast one as EC2 instances go either. So yes, still profitable really, if you want an idea~ :D

When I was adv I bought some MPs but nothing really expensive, only ~400k max. I hope with this EC2 thing I can get better items.

#44 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:03 AM

@Adam They charged you while it was still on the 12 month free trial???

#45 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:03 AM

Oh no D: How do I do that? I can't afford to be charged that much haha

Use your credit card and buy an amazon gift card and use the gift card to sign up.

#46 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:05 AM

Use your credit card and buy an amazon gift card and use the gift card to sign up.

Ooooh I see, that makes sense

#47 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:06 AM

This^ or go to pretty much any store (Target, Walmart, KMart (if thats even still a thing), etc) and they should have them.

@Adam They charged you while it was still on the 12 month free trial???

Negative, I was well passed my 12 months free lmao.

#48 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:08 AM

What? By closing you mean deleting it and making it offline? How come it still ABs? xD

This^ or go to pretty much any store (Target, Walmart, KMart (if thats even still a thing), etc) and they should have them.

Negative, I was well passed my 12 months free lmao.

How can you use a AGC to signup for their trial? ;o They stopped accepting my VCC's  :ohwell:  They now ask for a utility bill and shit  :(

#49 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

What? By closing you mean deleting it and making it offline? How come it still ABs? xD

How can you use a AGC to signup for their trial? ;o They stopped accepting my VCC's  :ohwell:  They now ask for a utility bill and shit  :(

The instance is still running on their servers.

#50 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

By solely closing the VPS window.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users