• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#51 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧ī¸đŸŒŠī¸đŸŒ§ī¸

• 3,607 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

For me, I find it hard to seem like a functioning human being and talk to people about my life.  I am expected to have a higher education, have a job, and have a healthy social life.  Though, I have shcizoaffective disorder and am most likely going to live my whole life working at best a minimum wage job and live off of disability.  I've been told that "that's a shit life".  Well, yah, pretty much, and I've accepted that.  I don't really like pretending I'm normal, I actually got myself out of a deep depression by accepting my mental illness and fighting with it rather than hating it and trying to fight it.  That's something that's hard with schizo problems is I'm aware of my delusions/paranoia/etc, so I know how to hide it, and I'm really good at it, too, so I seem normal on the surface.  I find myself in too many uncomfortable conversations.  I've found it so much better when I'm blunt and I'm just like "naw, I can't work or go to school, I am not mentally healthy enough."  

Apologies if this doesn't even fall under ableism.  It feels like it does so //shrug.

That does fall under ableism. @Jess nailed it basically. It really sucks people lack understanding and empathy for your mental illness. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users