• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:47 AM

I've seen a couple people stating in the Unpopular Opinions thread that they think Beyonce is overrated or that they're not a fan of hers, why do you hold this wrong opinion?

I went to my first Beyonce concert during her Mrs. Carter Tour and it was the only religious experience I've ever had in my life. I've never felt so close to god until I saw Beyonce. I'm sure people think "oh well I've never been to a Beyonce concert, why is this important, I don't get it?" It's important to me so it should be just as important to you. Because I said so, and because Beyonce is one of the greatest performers of our generation. Do you know who Adele's favorite singer is? Beyonce. Do you know who Kanye Wests' favorite artist is? Kanye West, but Beyonce comes in a REALLY close second. Beyonce brings people together. Beyonce taught us all to love being Bootylicious and how to surfboart.

Is Beyonce a silly thing to get worked up about? No. It's a perfectly good reason to get worked up about because she's the queen.

#2 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:51 AM

I only like Beyoncé songs I can relate to. So all of them.

#3 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:54 AM

I started to dislike her when she came out with that surfboart song, as well as whatever the hell that "legs swangin side to side in the aer" crap was. Ill listen to her old stuff all day long, but that album was poopy.

#4 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:09 PM

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one

#5 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:31 PM

How could someone's opinion be wrong if it's how they feel?

Anyway, I used to like Beyonce a lot, but I haven't been able to keep up with her music, and I didn't like much of what I was able to hear from her.

I won't doubt she's a wonderful, talented artist. She's just not my type of artist.

#6 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

I have a bit of a hipster taste in music, so I don't like much pop music at all. It's not just that I hate music that's popular (although I do kind of dislike super over hyped stuff that people say EVERYONE likes), I just don't usually like the pop-y sound. I prefer grungier/rock type music, and I've noticed I really like music with a brass section/horns involved. So Ska/Punk/Garage Rock etc etc is more my type of thing.

I'm just kind of bored of the pop sounds since that's all I ever heard as a kid. The first time one of my friends introduced me to Reel Big Fish I fell in love man. I went from like, the Jonas Brothers to Ska, it was a life saver.

Beyonce is like Adele in my mind - I've heard countless times "You must like her, EVERYONE does." It's like, naw man. I'll admit she's talented, but so are millions of other people.

#7 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:04 PM

Beyonce is like Adele in my mind - I've heard countless times "You must like her, EVERYONE does." It's like, naw man. I'll admit she's talented, but so are millions of other people.

That about sums it up yep.

Got nothing against her, just not my style personally. 

#8 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:08 PM

I like some songs, but I do think she's overrated.

#9 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

Do you know who Kanye Wests' favorite artist is? Kanye West, but Beyonce comes in a REALLY close second.

Lmao This made me snort

I love Yoncé. She's empowering to women, has an insane set of pipes, and I think she can put on absolutely amazing shows. I feel like most people who actively dislike her (by actively I mean going around posting hate about her, not just saying her work isn't their taste) do it to be different, edgy, controversial, and to get attention. It's unfortunately not a new thing for people to hate something just because a lot of people like it.

#10 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:43 PM

Lmao This made me snort

I love Yoncé. She's empowering to women, has an insane set of pipes, and I think she can put on absolutely amazing shows. I feel like most people who actively dislike her (by actively I mean going around posting hate about her, not just saying her work isn't their taste) do it to be different, edgy, controversial, and to get attention. It's unfortunately not a new thing for people to hate something just because a lot of people like it.

Yeah some people like to be a hater and just hate everything thats popular just because its popular. 

#11 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:20 AM

Because she's manufactured.

Destiny's Child was amazing.

Beyonce sucks.

#12 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:51 AM

I like couple of her songs, maybe 5? Not all of them, I think half time she just is repeating a word which is lame.

#13 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:28 PM

Because she's manufactured.

Destiny's Child was amazing.

Beyonce sucks.

I like this correct opinion. Say my name and the proud family theme song were her shining moments. I don't get the hype about beyonce. Granted, I am not in to that type of music. I really like halo, but I can never remember if that is her or rhianna. As far as female pop artists, I am more into the Regina Spektor/A Fine Frenzy type artists (but they still aren't my main music game, its just the closest I could think of, maybe?)

#14 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:03 PM

I don't like her. I don't dislike her. I am genuinely indifferent towards her because she is completely off of my music radar. I don't listen to her music because I don't happen to particularly like her music. It's too simple in chord progression and a tad overproduced for my tastes. Give me some Thievery Corporation, Groundation, Vulfpeck, Easy Star All-Stars, Glass Animals, Beck, Tool, Radiohead, Hiatus Kaiyote, etc. But you know, in the words of Thom Yorke, "I might be wrong, but I could have sworn I saw a light coming on."

#15 duhitsme

duhitsme
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:14 PM

LOVED Destiny's Child.  Don't understand the hype with Beyonce nowadays.   The only song I can say I love of hers now is Formation and her entire Lemonade thing and visual album was so overrated and boring to me.

#16 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:03 PM

I loved Destiny's Child - Survivor, Independent Women, Say My Name were awesome songs.. Bootylicious was fun as well. I'm not sure I like any songs of Beyonce as a single artist. I liked her in Beautiful Liar with Shakira though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users