Quantcast

Photo

9 Months and counting! Baby in the making!

preggers first time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
346 replies to this topic

#26 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:38 PM

So, I had my first panic attack today! It was the weirdest feeling ever. I was in my Abnormal Psychology class listening to lecture and I was just beyond uncomfortable. I was nauseous. I was cold but I was hot to the touch. I think I had a slight fever but, can't actually confirm. As the class went on, I kept getting more restless. I couldn't stay still. I was exhausted and tired as well. I had nightmares last night (my version of nightmares lol... because it involved school and y'all would probably think I am a nerd if you heard it). So anyways, it was about 20 minutes before class was over and a video began to play. My body just started shaking really bad and I was fighting back the tears. All I could think was I just needed to cry on someone's shoulders. So, I left the room and went to find a professor, but none of my psych professor's were in their room, so I went to Dr. McGruder my criminal justice professor. She is one hell of a woman but not very sympathetic or empathetic so I wasn't sure if she would let me come in and just cry. Sure enough, she invited me in and asked me what was going on and I just started crying. She gave me a tissue and just talked me through it. She handled it very well, so I was very suprised but once the episode was over, I felt sooooooo much better! I was good for the rest of the day!

After my classes, I went to the Health Department to confirm pregnancy and get health insurance. So, I am now insured and signed up for programs to help first time moms. Everyone asked me if I was excited about being pregnant, and let me tell you, I couldn't contain my excitement. Once I get my health insurance card in the mail, I can make my first appointment with a doctor. That means I can get my first ultra sound!!!!! How cool and exciting is that?

#27 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:52 PM

Congratulations! So happy for you :) Since you're looking for baby pictures...

tumblr_lqwz8y8fkx1qirx5ho1_5001.png

Edited by Trapezeo, 29 September 2016 - 03:52 PM.

#28 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

LMAO! That is a great picture!!!! You were a handsome young swimmer! ;) :p

#29 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:01 PM

I was the fastest :p

#30 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:12 PM

Yeah buddy! We are all winners here. We were all the fastest!

#31 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:34 PM

Yeah buddy! We are all winners here. We were all the fastest!

But aren't the sperm with the X chromosomes the slow ones that can survive longer? And the Y ones swim faster? So it's like who survives the longest, or manages to swim the fastest? idr been awhile since high school biology lmao. 

#32 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:13 AM

But aren't the sperm with the X chromosomes the slow ones that can survive longer? And the Y ones swim faster? So it's like who survives the longest, or manages to swim the fastest? idr been awhile since high school biology lmao. 

I thought it was who was lucky enough to make it all the way to the egg and stubborn enough to keep hitting the outer membrane to fertilize.

I found this infographic and now I'm amazed that anyone gets pregnant ever.

Spoiler

#33 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:47 AM

That was a nice story @Jess lol. Much more detailed than my school in high school taught me lol

#34 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:48 AM

That was a nice story @Jess lol. Much more detailed than my school in high school taught me lol

I knew it was a long, arduous journey, but I didn't realize that only ~6 of the original sperm made it to the egg. How the fuck did I get twins?

#35 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

lol... just think, some woman have 8 babies (but they usually have help with science) but man, I can't imagine 8 babies at once! Twins, maybe. But no more than 2 at a time.

#36 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:20 AM

I just remember watching a movie about sperm where a bunch of people were wearing white outfits and were racing to the egg, with commentary about how sperm navigated through the vaginal canal, through the cervix, and beyond.

Oh here it is:

(that's part one, you can find the other parts on YT)

and I forgot how epic they make it seem lmao

#37 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:23 AM

lol, well I will have to watch it later today. I am just about to begin reading my chapter for abnormal, study and then take the exam. I should be done by 5 or 6 (5-6 hours from now).

#38 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:40 AM

Ok, so 2 days ago, Ryan and I were laying in bed together watching tv. I got up to go use the restroom and when I came back and settled in, he gave me a thumbs up. I returned the thumbs up. Then he said "September" but his index finger up and said "October" etc. until May in which I finished his sentence with May 27th as the estimated due date. He then told me he was born 3 weeks early. His birthday is on May 5. He wants our baby to be born on his birthday! I hope so too, that would be the ultimate birthday gift!

And all I want is mozzarella cheese cubes and cheddar cheese cubes.

#39 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

Wow, congrats @VooDoo and I wish you all the best!  :wub:

#40 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:27 PM

Thanks! It means a lot @Kord

#41 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:39 PM

So, today I realized that eating sweets makes me sick! This child is an all salty and no sweet child. (I heard that means it will be a boy which is what we are hoping for). With the exception of cereal, blue berry pop tarts, and vanilla ice cream... I can't eat sweets without feeling like complete shit all day! I wonder if this will change later during my pregnancy? Any opinions, past experience and or tips?

#42 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:42 PM

Late to the party, but congratulations @VooDoo!

#43 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:03 PM

Also late to the party, but congratulations @VooDoo!

#44 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

So, today I realized that eating sweets makes me sick! This child is an all salty and no sweet child. (I heard that means it will be a boy which is what we are hoping for). With the exception of cereal, blue berry pop tarts, and vanilla ice cream... I can't eat sweets without feeling like complete shit all day! I wonder if this will change later during my pregnancy? Any opinions, past experience and or tips?

tip- don't eat sweets lol. they don't help baby and baby doesnt like them, apparently. :p I like to try and replace sweets with fruits, like blueberries and mango. Dried mango is my favorite sweet at the moment.

#45 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:31 PM

Yeah I have been eating fruits like pears, peaches, and bananas. I have not eaten candy yet, none of it looks good. The sweets I ate that made me feel yucky are animal crackers, fruit snacks, Gatorade, chocolate chip cookies. I stopped eating them once I realized that it's the sweets that are making me feel miserable. Now I am eating cheese, eggs, and crackers for the salty.

Ok, so my first OBGYN appointment is October 26 at 1:30. I told them I would like a female doctor, but the lady said she couldn't guarantee it because of my insurance and they are on a rotating system, whatever that means. I really do not want a guy OBGYN, like at all. I will cry and be super uncomfortable if I do. She did say the first doctor I see will be a lady, so good for that, but then I am confused after that. *shrugs* I had my WIC appointment today and had to get my weight and blood checked out. Iron was great, my blood hemoglobin was amazing, and now I can get the fruits and veggies, cheese, milk, bread and eggs I need! Let me tell you, being on a government assistance program is humbling. I have been homeless before, for 4 months, and never used government assistance. But, I am making a baby now and any help I can get is very much appreciated and, will only be needed until I graduate. I have a career lined up already! I won't need it once I start working.

#46 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:31 PM

For me, it was like that in the morning of each pregnancy. Nothing sweet in the first trimester and no sweet til after noon in the last two. Everybody is different, ofc, but it's healthier to aim for protein and veggies anyway, so it didn't bother me much.

#47 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:50 PM

Oooo congrats such a loverly thing to happen :D

#48 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:48 AM

@Bones thanks! Yes it is pretty exciting!

#49 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:07 AM

3 more days until my first appointment! I am excited.

I am always super duper crazy tired though. I am sleeping a lot. I skipped 2 days of classes last week and a meeting on Friday just so I can sleep longer. Yesterday and today, I have slept in until 1-1:30pm. Although to be fair, we did stay up way later than usual. We finished the last season of Dexter.

Less than 3 weeks now until I tell everyone in my family and circle of friends that I am pregnant!

I have been looking for new clothes to buy in January when I get my school money because I am sure I will need them. Yoga pants are doing great right now, but all of my tshirts are tight as is so I can't imagine wearing them when my stomach shows.

#50 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:35 AM

I'm 31 weeks... due December 25th :p If you ever want to talk or have question or anything, let me know! Also, if you're looking for a community/forum for pregnant women... I'm personally on Babycenter.com. They match you with other women due in the same month as you and have a lot of other forum groups too like first time moms, plus sized, so on and so on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users