• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:27 AM

We all know that Codex goes through periods of dry spells where there is next to no activity but we always bounce back. Everyone has reasons why everyday life prevents us from posting around our favorite forum, so what have you been up to? I'll start...

Leaving the Air Force soon is opening up a whole new world *sings Aladdin song* of opportunities for me to live my life how I please, and I'm currently working out what's going to be the best option for me. Aside from that, I work 10 hours a day, and spend whatever off time I have balls deep in Battlefield 1, or telling my puppy how beautiful she is. So what's up?

P.S. @Ali & @Waser Lave Has the 'Brexit' thing impacted your daily life as much as was originally thought?

#2 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:01 AM

I'm working as freelance front end dev and it's pretty time consuming. Hopefully, this will be the last week of work 

#3 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:55 AM

A lot of stuff happened. 

Riley is still a puppy?

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:02 AM

A lot of stuff happened. 

Riley is still a puppy?

She will ALWAYS be my puppy/pupper(s)/pup/doggo.

#5 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:04 AM

I'm trying to convince myself to study chem so I don't fail. But I keep watching Futurama and Family Guy. I'd study for Calc, but I don't understand our book, and I've been looking for a tutor through our learning center since the 2nd to last week of September and haven't found one. I keep getting emails about our learning center training them, but nothing after that because they all quit. The Professor for calc is horrid, so I don't ask him anything. He tried explaining limits with cake for two hours. Apparently if you have enough cake, no one gets any cake?

Can someone take my laptop and phone and tv from me and hide them so I have nothing to do but study, please? 

I've also been trying to exercise more often. I started feeling the beginnings of shin splints so I rested a bit, but now I've got a really tight/hurting high hamstring. 

#6 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:05 AM

She will ALWAYS be my puppy/pupper(s)/pup/doggo.

This.

All animals are always little babies forever for their humans. 

Anyways, I've been busy with moving into my new house, trying not to die, preparing for more fun doctors appointments, and stay in school. I'm sure I've been trying to eat my vegetables too. That's what the cool kids do these days right?

#7 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:55 AM

Work for me has been major hectic over the past 6 months. Ford Australia (who I used to design/manufacture for) have shut all operations here as of the first week of October. So soon enough I will be out of a job (at least with a nice redundancy payout though) and I will FINALLY be able to get into studying I.T.

I will always be around Codex no matter what, pretty much visit 3-4 times a day to check on things and help out with any staff things still.

I do miss a lot of you guys around the place though. It has definitely dropped off in terms of activity lately which sucks a bit, but I'm sure things will bounce back over the northern summer months :) keep on truckin', Codex!

#8 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:09 AM

This is the deadest I have ever known it in 12 years.

Boy is back from la belle France for good, so I am less inclined to mope about on here til all hours of the night.

Brexit hasn't really happened still, we just had the referendum concerning it. We're still waiting for anything to actually happen and nobody really knows what's going on, including politicians. My house is worth less now, which is annoying because we'd like to sell it. Foreign friends and colleagues have got a bit more abuse from lunatics. Exchange rates are pretty crap and it made my holiday to Sardinia more expensive than we had planned.

#9 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:14 AM

Studying. Sleeping. Working for a petsite. Sleeping.

I really miss being staff here, and it makes me sad how dead this place is, but there's not much to do, really. Neopets is dead, and even though we are more than that, you can't say it's not our main source of activity. I tried to stay away from here for a bit because I wasn't really happy with how it was starting to become, but thankfully that didn't go through (even though it's dead). Of course I couldn't do that for too long, it's automatic for me to type neocodex.us on the bar thing.

#10 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:03 PM

Working, studying, playing wow and going to sleep late  :S lol

#11 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:13 PM

I'm home a lot since i have the babies. It is nice to know that neocodex is still here when life gets a bit hectic though. It makes me smile when one of you return and make a post. :) 

#12 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:47 PM

I've been occupied with university, numerous hobbies, partying, and working. I'd love to come back to Codex for a bit, but I need a good couple of weeks off to properly relax, and learn how to be lazy again. :p

#13 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:00 PM

School, work, volunteer, fantasize about jumping off a building .. the usual.

#14 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:27 PM

Video games. Video games. Sometimes work. Video games.

I hate being social.

#15 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:29 PM

What do i do when i'm off codex (which unfortunately is quite often these days)? Not much. I've gotten sick again, so i've been in and out of doctors' offices and hospital rooms lately, just trying to find some answers. I'm doing my best to stay positive, so i've tried to stay away from any stressors that could add to what i'm already going through. This might be why my activity on here has dropped - I try so hard to avoid any conflict that sometimes i just don't even bother to talk. Hopefully i can get over this little fear and get back to chatting with you guys.

On a positive note, @Padme came to visit me a couple weeks ago! It was such a bright spot in these last few gloomy months and i'm feeling so thankful to have people like her around that make life much more worth living. So happy for the experiences at ACL we shared. Best friends and beautiful music do the heart good. Going to another (smaller) festival this weekend with some friends from my university so it'll be really nice to catch up with them. I've taken the semester off so it's been hard to see them as often as i'd like.

Hope you all are doing well and are in a happy spot in your lives. I'm coming up on 5 years on Codex and I don't think i would have lasted this long on the site if it weren't for the bonds i've formed with some of y'all. Much love

#16 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:06 PM

I've also been quite sick, been in and out of hospitals, doctors appointments, all that good stuff :V

well, ""good stuff""... i'm just about at the end of my rope with it. I s2g I better get something good happening before the end of the month or... I dunno, I'll prolly cry more

#17 bwoke

bwoke
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:52 PM

fantasize about jumping off a building

Hey, we have something in common.

I'm on the Swim Team for my school and our season is right now. My Coach thinks we have what it takes to win state so I've been swimming for 6 hours a day for the past month and a half. Don't worry, still enough time to do dailies :).

Edited by ohml, 24 October 2016 - 08:57 PM.

#18 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:13 AM

At the moment I'm clawing my way through my last bachelor classes and taking a few master classes.
Next semester I'll be joining my mentor in her research group (READSEARCH, since it's about typography) in the hope to work up some of the skills myself. 

When I'm not drowning in school work, my retail job makes me more sour every passing day and the only thing to distract me a little is my next cosplay project. 

I'm quite sad neopets is so freaking dead and the forum sadly too but I hope it's just a busy period for us all and we can pick up activity around the holidays.

Please JS, break something, so we can have dupes. Or maybe CC or another event that's worthwhile. 

Also, I feel like such a lousy member of the contest team ;.; I want to host a contest around halloween but I have no idea if people would enter with how little activity there is. 

#19 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:39 AM

I am just working nonstop. I still logon pretty much daily just to take a look around, if only for a split second. I worked 84 hours last week, and I am on pace for at least 70 this week. When I am not working I am relaxing and trying to unwind. Once work slows down next month, I will definitely take a vacation and get away for a bit.

#20 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:49 AM

My life basically revolves around work, boyfriend, sister, sleep... and it's amazing :wub: 

In all of my life, this is probably the least amount of time I have spent on the internets and I don't regret it. I'm having the time of my life these days.

#21 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:39 AM

Work. Wife. Kids.

#22 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:50 PM

After that health issue I had in late summer that kept me away from Codex, AND the AC fiasco (I will never forget how things were -not- handled around here :( ), I continued to stay away not only because the activity dropped so much, but I'm always like this when I stay away for some time, I never know how to come back and start posting. I feel weird af and even more out of place. 

So I've been busy with (always) the Tiny Humans. Work. Friends. Not a whole much.

Oh, I'm actually thinking about get some chickens, turkeys and ducks (alive ones. Or at least... at the beginning huehue). Dunno how soon I'll do it, but probably next year. For now it's just plans and schematics (?).

#23 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:25 PM

I've also been quite sick, been in and out of hospitals, doctors appointments, all that good stuff :V

well, ""good stuff""... i'm just about at the end of my rope with it. I s2g I better get something good happening before the end of the month or... I dunno, I'll prolly cry more

Just to update, some good stuff happened today health-wise so hopefully things are on an upswing!

Now hopefully JS starts another event so we can get codex more active again

#24 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:38 AM

Hey, we have something in common.

Sounds like we could use a vacation.

#25 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:58 AM

More of you slackers need to inform me of your life. TELL ME NOW *Miss Cleo voice*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users