What have you been up to?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:02 AM

Work for me has been major hectic over the past 6 months. Ford Australia (who I used to design/manufacture for) have shut all operations here as of the first week of October. So soon enough I will be out of a job (at least with a nice redundancy payout though) and I will FINALLY be able to get into studying I.T.

I will always be around Codex no matter what, pretty much visit 3-4 times a day to check on things and help out with any staff things still.

I do miss a lot of you guys around the place though. It has definitely dropped off in terms of activity lately which sucks a bit, but I'm sure things will bounce back over the northern summer months :) keep on truckin', Codex!

I.T. SUCKS. Nah, just grunt work. :)
Good luck on your advances.

Neocodex will always be a place I'll crawl back into.

Edited by Unseen, 02 November 2016 - 09:03 AM.

#27 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:56 AM

Been chilling as always, moved to the south coast so I've been trying to make friends and shit, getting used to the change in culture down here I guess. Some chick was telling me yesterday how her and her friend will go out, get drunk then just chill on the beach at like 1am. Blows my mind lol. The main reason I've been absent a lot is cause some huge life event happened 6 months ago that made me want to step away from everything, especially most social media. I've only recently gotten back on facebook because people were getting anal about me not replying to their shit and missing everyone's birthdays  <_< I don't do birthdays, and the only birthdays I actually know are my brother's and my ex's, because they're on the same fucking day, so fuck off lol.

I guess that poses the question, does it make you a shitty friend if you don't know your friends birthdays? Like I don't even know my best friend's birthdays without checking and looking it up.

#28 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:01 AM

Been chilling as always, moved to the south coast so I've been trying to make friends and shit, getting used to the change in culture down here I guess. Some chick was telling me yesterday how her and her friend will go out, get drunk then just chill on the beach at like 1am. Blows my mind lol. The main reason I've been absent a lot is cause some huge life event happened 6 months ago that made me want to step away from everything, especially most social media. I've only recently gotten back on facebook because people were getting anal about me not replying to their shit and missing everyone's birthdays  <_< I don't do birthdays, and the only birthdays I actually know are my brother's and my ex's, because they're on the same fucking day, so fuck off lol.

I guess that poses the question, does it make you a shitty friend if you don't know your friends birthdays? Like I don't even know my best friend's birthdays without checking and looking it up.

Nahhh I don't even remember my own sisters birthday half the time. You good fam.

#29 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:17 AM

Nahhh I don't even remember my own sisters birthday half the time. You good fam.

Safe tings

#30 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2016 - 04:08 PM

moved to the south coast

So. Freaking. Jealous. We are maybe doing this soon.

#31 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:23 PM

I feel like I practically live at work these days and our company is going through this giant restructure so I'm stressed about that so I've been working overtime in hopes that it shows that I have the desire to still be there. This is despite the fact that my boss assures me that my job is safe and that if anything he should be more worried about his job than mine. Outside of work the next thing that occupies my time is bouldering and catching up on tv/sports (The Flash, AoS, Modern Family, Habs games). I was at the gym for 4 hours last Thursday but loved every minute of it. From time to time I'm social hanging out with friends and going to random internet meetups (no photos of me though). 

There are times that I think that maintaining friendships is too much effort and how it'd be much more simple to be an introverted hermit, then the are other times that I think how great it is to socialize and meet new people. 

Also I was <-this close-> to applying for an Australia Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) but chickened out after I had completed everything because I saw that it was $440.00 AUD and while I can afford it I'm also terrified of what would happen if I actually get it since it'll be the furthest I'd be from home with absolutely no family around. 

#32 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:20 PM

The software consulting business I started up is likely turning into a partnership making custom software for industrial & enterprise applications. This is at the same time as working at the current startup, the one doing the nano-chips. Things are stabilizing a bit more there, which should hopefully free up some of my time to focus on the new company.

yolo

#33 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:16 PM

The software consulting business I started up is likely turning into a partnership making custom software for industrial & enterprise applications. This is at the same time as working at the current startup, the one doing the nano-chips. Things are stabilizing a bit more there, which should hopefully free up some of my time to focus on the new company.

yolo

Hire me?

#34 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:47 PM

Hire me?

Me too! I do networking :D

#35 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:51 AM

So. Freaking. Jealous. We are maybe doing this soon.

I'm down in Weymouth, if i turn left out of my street it's a 5 minute ride to the seafront, you've got the main town, tons of shops, and all that jazz. If i turn right out of my street it's all countryside, farms and cute little villages. I saw a road sign up in one of the villages that just said "baby swans hatching-->" It's pretty neat  ^_^

#36 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

I'm down in Weymouth, if i turn left out of my street it's a 5 minute ride to the seafront, you've got the main town, tons of shops, and all that jazz. If i turn right out of my street it's all countryside, farms and cute little villages. I saw a road sign up in one of the villages that just said "baby swans hatching-->" It's pretty neat  ^_^

Increasing amounts of jealousy, Chesil Beach is one of my favourite places in the world. Back in our misguided youths (quite literally a decade ago now), the Boy lived in Bournemouth for a year and we used to go on little roadtrips along that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users