Quantcast

Photo

Account frozen due to access from a different location?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Kraehe

Kraehe
  • 100 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:19 AM

I logged on to Neopets from my cellphone using mobile data yesterday: that was the first time I had ever done it. Today, my account was frozen. Was it because I accessed my account from an unfamiliar device and location? I already filed a ticket. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on it or if anyone experienced something similar. c:

#2 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:39 AM

I don't think that's the issue if the accont was legit, I've been doing this for years on my cellphone and never got frozen for it. Good luck getting your account back though, TNT seems to be randomly freezing everyone lately.

#3 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:55 AM

Have you been cheating on it? cheating is more likely the cause. You could always send a ticket and ask them for a reason.

#4 Kraehe

Kraehe
  • 100 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:36 AM

Have you been cheating on it? cheating is more likely the cause. You could always send a ticket and ask them for a reason.

Nope. I filed a ticket a while ago. Judging from all the ticket #s people are posting on their Facebook page, I doubt I'll get a reply any time soon though. 

I don't think that's the issue if the accont was legit, I've been doing this for years on my cellphone and never got frozen for it. Good luck getting your account back though, TNT seems to be randomly freezing everyone lately.

Thank you for your input. :) It's really the only reason I can think of right now, unfortunately. 

Edited by Kraehe, 02 November 2016 - 04:36 AM.

#5 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 255 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:22 AM

that's just scary how 100% legit people can have their accounts frozen for no reason...especially since I cheat like crazy on my main

#6 Spenzer

Spenzer
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:28 PM

Maybe they're freezing all the legit people to make neo a cheaters realm :o bahaha

#7 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:23 AM

Coincidentally they addressed this in the editorial (which they only fixed yesterday):

Hey CQ! I sometimes use different computers and my mobile device to long on to neo. Is this against the rules? I see how people put messages on their userlookups explaining that they use multiple computers and asking not to freeze them. Will I get frozen when I use my different computers and mobile device? I know I'm not doing anything wrong, so I don't want to be frozen. Please remove my username. ~ username removed
I myself log in on several different devices to keep track of things - it's 2016, people have phones, tablets, computers, etc. that they want to check on their pets on! We know this, we're not going to freeze you for using multiple devices.

But TNT are bad at truthfully explaining their decisions, so I would take that with a hefty grain of salt.

#8 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:33 AM

yeah I log in from many different locations so find this very weird must be for another reason.  Have you checked your gallery to see if all your items are still there?

#9 Kraehe

Kraehe
  • 100 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:54 AM

I seem to have the same problem as a bunch of other Facebook users. Many people with accounts that are 10+ years old (mine included) have had their accounts frozen for no reason. 

image.png

image.png

yeah I log in from many different locations so find this very weird must be for another reason.  Have you checked your gallery to see if all your items are still there?

I just checked my gallery. It says " Not finding any gallery items that are owned by...".  :(

#10 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:28 AM

id say you was hacked then and TNT iced your account for your own protection so sorry GL getting it all back

#11 Yeezy

Yeezy
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:55 PM

Noones gallery shows anymore when youre frozen

#12 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:33 AM

Learn something new every day I thought it did

#13 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:57 AM

Gee thats dumb! I hope they figure this out... and perhaps go ahead an unfreeze a couple of extra accounts *wink wink* for the inconvenience. :p

#14 windy

windy
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:05 AM

Maybe it was for protection?

#15 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:50 AM

Alice is currently unicing a lot of accounts so I am hopefull for you.

Also...

Noones gallery shows anymore when youre frozen

Just checked and this is incorrect gallerys still show put the following:

http://www.neopets.c...YOURACCOUNTNAME

and it will show your gallery even though you are iced

#16 Kraehe

Kraehe
  • 100 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:53 AM

Thank you, everyone. ^_^ I really appreciate your responses and encouragement. Will post an update when TNT responds to my ticket. 

#17 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:55 AM

Yeah, gallery items still appear. I remember checking petrewon's gallery to check if DSoD was still there after he was frozen.

I hope you can get your account back anyway.

#18 inu

inu
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:38 PM

There's been a fair few random freezings lately. Good luck, hope you get your account back in due time!

#19 Kraehe

Kraehe
  • 100 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:27 PM

Hi, I finally got a reply to my ticket. It turns out that my account had a password issue. Alice W. unfroze my account today. Thank you to everyone who wished me luck!  :)

#20 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:45 PM

Hi, I finally got a reply to my ticket. It turns out that my account had a password issue. Alice W. unfroze my account today. Thank you to everyone who wished me luck!  :)

YAY! That's great news! :)

#21 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:35 PM

Congratulations, glad to hear it!

#22 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:30 AM

That's awesome! Congratulations! 

#23 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:54 AM

Congratulations for getting your account back :D

#24 neopetsexploded

neopetsexploded
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:18 AM

my side/gallery got frozen around the same period. Still haven't got any response from my ticket.

#25 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

my side/gallery got frozen around the same period. Still haven't got any response from my ticket.

The best thing you could do now is to post daily on the 'Ticket Response Waiting Board' That's how I got TNT's attention in less than a week :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users