• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#51 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:53 AM

Yeah, it is ridiculously busy (so book before your trip) and that was with us going first thing in the morning when it's supposedly quieter. It's man made so it's basically just like a nice outdoor pool but warmer, and pricy because they know they'll get the tourists. It's pleasant enough but it feels like a facility and we went to much better places. I'd happily go back to Iceland and would revisit everywhere we went. Except the Blue Lagoon.

Good to know! Man I feel disillusioned. :( But it's okay, I'll find a cool hot spring to go to instead. Are there any other awesome things you did while you were there? 

#52 jbow3n

jbow3n
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:37 PM

I've been looking at going to either Madrid or Canada. Either one would be great but I really just want to get out there and experience something, and I feel Madrid would be a better fit.

#53 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:12 PM

This year I really want to travel somewhere. Anywhere outside the Netherlands would be fine with me. My skin burns quickly though, so it won't be anywhere sunny :p

#54 empty

empty
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:28 AM

Rhode island!

well, most of the East coast anyways. I'm on the west coast, so I'd like to see what all the talk is about 🤔

#55 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:26 AM

Rhode island!

well, most of the East coast anyways. I'm on the west coast, so I'd like to see what all the talk is about

It's really cold at times, then gets warmer, and then gets really cold again. It'll snow one day, and by the next the snow is gone. 

For PA (pittsburgh really): sports team obsessed, nice museums, may or may not use the word "yinz", Mr. Rogers, our airport has george washington standing next to franco harris, UPMC/Highmark (they make some nice scientific/medical discoveries), downtown is sort of filled with hospitals, Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra (one of the few orchestras to play for the Pope),  Duquesne incline, 

For PA (philadelphia): liberty bell 

For PA (Harrisburg): capitol building 

For PA (in general): good colleges (Pitt and Penn State, Duquesne) 

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. 

#56 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

Rhode island!

well, most of the East coast anyways. I'm on the west coast, so I'd like to see what all the talk is about

New Hampshire is absolutely beautiful year round. Maybe I'm partial because I've lived here my entire life, but take a look at the pics below:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

And that's why you should come to New Hampshire!

Edited by Trapezeo, 20 January 2017 - 03:40 PM.

#57 Cheyenne

Cheyenne
  • 97 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

Anywhere that isn't Florida honestly. <_< I love traveling, though the chance doesn't come very often. I'd like to visit the New Jersey area again, I love skiing and the flora and fauna of the area.

#58 JinxProof

JinxProof
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:06 PM

I'm going to the Bahamas soon! Very excited :D

#59 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:21 PM

I'm going to the Bahamas soon! Very excited :D

Awesome! Do you have any exciting plans while there?

#60 JinxProof

JinxProof
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:58 AM

Awesome! Do you have any exciting plans while there?

Be warm! hahaha it's freezing right now. I'm more of a "vacation is for relaxing" kind of person but I'm sure I'll find something exciting to do

#61 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:56 AM

Be warm! hahaha it's freezing right now. I'm more of a "vacation is for relaxing" kind of person but I'm sure I'll find something exciting to do

Warm is always good! Sometimes I like to relax on vacations, but sometimes I like to do some adventurous things.

I've never been to the Bahamas. One day :)

#62 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

Mongolia, Russia, China. I've been to many places in my short life so far, but I don't think any place would come close to those countries. I'm drawn to vast emptiness, and I don't know how I'd react to being in bumfuck nowhere, absolutely no human soul for maybe hundreds or thousands of miles. Funny because I live in a very densely populated and tiny country.

#63 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

Mongolia, Russia, China. I've been to many places in my short life so far, but I don't think any place would come close to those countries. I'm drawn to vast emptiness, and I don't know how I'd react to being in bumfuck nowhere, absolutely no human soul for maybe hundreds or thousands of miles. Funny because I live in a very densely populated and tiny country.

Those would be fun to visit! I've been to 7 European countries and that's been most of my travel. What country do you live in? My other 3 countries have been Mexico, Canada, and of course the US.

#64 ToriAndNate

ToriAndNate
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:58 AM

Any snow capped mountains or Germany. My fiance has been to Germany and I've heard so many good things about it!

#65 HonestHeart

HonestHeart
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

Going to Hawaii next week! 

#66 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

Going to Hawaii next week! 

Awesome! Have a great time! How long are you there for?

#67 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:25 PM

We haven't decided, but I will either be going to Turks and Caicos or Punta Cana for my honeymoon in May.

#68 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

My mom and dad went to Punta Cana recently and LOVED it

#69 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:29 AM

My company is just about to invest in China which means at some point I will be going out there so looking forward to that.

#70 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:43 AM

We've just started booking a Vietnam & Cambodia trip for the autumn. I'm trying to work out if I can include a Myanmar leg to it.

#71 Arnie

Arnie
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

Hm...no exactly traveling.

I'd like to go and stay in Peru, as migrant.

Rigth now i'm waiting for my passport, it migth take months to reach my hands.

#72 Unique

Unique
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

My school is actually going to be sponsoring for 5 students to visit Germany ;) which, haha, is my favorite place to visit ever!

#73 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

I'm looking at booking a cruise out of Miami in October. It's a 5 day cruise with an overnight stay in Cuba. The overnight is really the biggest draw for me. I want to go see Cuba before, us Americans ruin it.

#74 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:12 PM

I want to go to Lansing or maybe San Mateo. I need a change of scenery. 

#75 neobella18

neobella18
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:45 PM

im in canada, currently want to visit my friend in colombia.

was in new york 2 weeks ago, would like to go back as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: travel, vacations, vacation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users