Submissions Due: 1 March 2017 at 11:59PM NST
Winners Announcement: 3 March 2017 at unspecified time
Theme: Pick the more unpopular choice for most of the questions.
I would like to show appreciation for the uninformed, unconsented, and uncompensated human subjects who gave me fodder to use for this contest despite my unethical approach to do so… thanks. I would not like to not apologize for ignoring the questions posted after Swim's first question. There is not enough letters in the alphabet to accommodate all and I didn't think people would post that many questions to begin with. I only expected 8 questions max. That was my bad.
Minority Rules is a simple game of choices. All the participants must select one answer for each of the thirteen questions and PM me all those answers before the deadline. After the deadline, all the votes will be added up for each respective choice. In any one question, the answer with the fewer votes will be considered the “winning” answer and everyone who chose that winning answer will get a point. The people with the most points at the end wins.
For example, in the question: “What is Kelvin’s favorite flavor of ice cream?” there were 6 votes for Colombian Coffee Mocha Chunk and 1 vote for Green Tea. The one person who voted for Green Tea will receive a point while the other 6 people receive 0 points for that one question.
Anyone can participate, even the authors of the questions.
Best of luck to all of you.
The Random Contest Award for the Top 3 Winners
Credit to @Liesa
The prizes are not assigned to a specific placement. The first place will choose out of the three, second will chose among the two remaining, and third will receive what is left.
Bag of Healing Dust
Shell with 10m pure Neopoints
New Years in Mystery Island Background
1. The winners are the top three people with the most points. In the event of a tie, a tiebreaker will be held privately. Conditions are to be disclosed only when the situation arises.
2. PM your answers to Kelvin before the deadline. There should be a total of 13 letters indicating your answers for the 13 questions. In your PM, include the answers you believe to be the more unpopular for each answer. For your convenience, you may use the following form:
1. A or B: 2. C or D: 3. E or F: 4. G or H: 5. I or J: 6. K or L: 7. M or N: 8. O or P: 9. Q or R: 10. S or T: 11. U or V: 12. W or X: 13. Y or Z:
3. You may revise your answers as many times as you want, but the final answer set taken is the one taken at a random time after the deadline.
4. If you did not answer all the questions and/or answered a question twice by the time I review answers after the deadline, you are disqualified and your entire entry is rejected from being counted in the choice tallies. This is your only warning.
5. You can converse about your answers with anyone as much as you like wherever you want without fear of penalization from me. You can even talk about your answers in this thread. I don’t care.
6. In the case where both choices of a question have the same amount of votes, all the participants will receive zero points for that question.
7. When the winners are announce, they have a period of 3 days after being tagged by me to PM me for prize details. They do not necessarily need to receive the prize within those three days, but communication about prize redemption using the same submission PM must be established.
8. If the authors of the questions feel whimsical, they can post the answers to their questions at any time without fear of penalization.
Random Contest #12 Bonus Point Opportunity
A bonus point will be awarded to those who message me through their original Random Contest #12 submission PM, approval to screenshot a submission of theirs and post it here. It must be completed form with 12 possible answers and no duplicate answers. I'll post whatever version of your list when I get to it. The screenshot will include information like your display name/pic, signature and submission date.
Your approval is due: 26 February 2017 11:59PM NST/PST (a few days before the submission deadline) to gain the bonus point.
The bonus point will be added to your raw score, meaning the maximum amount of points that can accrued is now 13.
If you haven't submitted your entry yet, you can indicate in the same entry PM that you would like your guesses to be posted.