Quantcast

what's a weird smell that you like?

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#126 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

That's happened to me on a few threads in the past. Unfortunately if you don't have the majority opinion on a topic, you're probably going to get dozens of replies against you because everyone wants to give their two cents and there aren't many people arguing your side. Just the nature of a discussion forum really.

It's not really an opinion when it's backed by science and someone uses the bible as a reference as to why it's okay though

#127 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

The best smelling book is a burning bible.

#128 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

Good guy/bad guy is a boring characterization of someone anyways. We are all desperately trying to human right and some of us suck more in certain areas than others. Sometimes people are shitty and have shitty ideas or opinions.

#129 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:32 PM

The best smelling book is a burning bible.

We should have an annual codex bible burn. 

#130 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

It's not really an opinion when it's backed by science and someone uses the bible as a reference as to why it's okay though

Everything and anything can be an opinion, whether or not it is very misguided. She isn't just playing devil's advocate, she's just saying her honest opinion with the research she's seen and the conclusion she's drawn from her experiences. There is SOME research agreeing with her side.

Anyway, I'm just glad (I think) she said she wouldn't do it to her kids. That's enough for me, honestly.

#131 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

Back on topic I like the smell when you first turn the shower on.

#132 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:35 PM

Everything and anything can be an opinion, whether or not it is very misguided. She isn't just playing devil's advocate, she's just saying her honest opinion with the research she's seen and the conclusion she's drawn from her experiences. There is SOME research agreeing with her side.

Anyway, I'm just glad (I think) she said she wouldn't do it to her kids. That's enough for me, honestly.

Sure, everything can be an opinion. But not all opinions are equal. Not all opinions are worthy of respect. And if you choose to share your opinion on a public forum, you should damn well expect people to disagree with you.

#133 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:36 PM

Sure, everything can be an opinion. But not all opinions are equal. Not all opinions are worthy of respect. And if you choose to share your opinion on a public forum, you should damn well expect people to disagree with you.

That's like, your opinion man.

I like the smell when the shampoo first touches the water. 

#134 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Now, I think the Bible is as ridiculous as anyone else here, but in no way do I think it's acceptable to burn books.
Except, y'know, for survival in a post-apocalyptic wasteland or someshit.

#135 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

That's happened to me on a few threads in the past. Unfortunately if you don't have the majority opinion on a topic, you're probably going to get dozens of replies against you because everyone wants to give their two cents and there aren't many people arguing your side. Just the nature of a discussion forum really.

Yeah, I know! No worries though! I am an adult and can handle it! I won't be making a dramatic exit or anything! :p I do love how passionate people are though! That makes me happy.

#136 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

Of course, I'm not trying to say people are being unfair to her. I'm just saying by the nature of discussion forums, genuinely holding a niche opinion (or flat out wrong opinion, if you want to call it that) sucks.

#137 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

What does it smell like?

#138 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

Now, I think the Bible is as ridiculous as anyone else here, but in no way do I think it's acceptable to burn books.
Except, y'know, for survival in a post-apocalyptic wasteland or someshit.

I was joking, don't worry. 

#139 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

Of course, I'm not trying to say people are being unfair to her. I'm just saying by the nature of discussion forums, genuinely holding a niche opinion (or flat out wrong opinion, if you want to call it that) sucks.

I only think it would suck if you're afraid of the consequences of holding that opinion, or you're afraid of being shaken from your belief. Otherwise it's just a discussion, eh?

#140 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

What does it smell like?

I don't know. I've been thinking since I posted that about what it smells like lol. I can't even find the words to describe it. Mineral-y? That doesn't seem right though because I smell it regardless of the shower.

#141 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

What does it smell like?

Moist ;)

I was joking, don't worry.

I'm watching you :ninja:

#142 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

Yes please! This would be great!

If we are talking about me, no I wouldn't do this to my children! I may believe that I turned out ok being spanked, others may disagree with that as well, but I also did not like being spanked. I do agree there are other ways of handling children and getting them to do right. 

I am 100% ok with people disagreeing with me. 

So, as far as smells are concerned... how about that new car smell? Is that weird enough to be considered?

#143 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

I don't know. I've been thinking since I posted that about what it smells like lol. I can't even find the words to describe it. Mineral-y? That doesn't seem right though because I smell it regardless of the shower.

Don't worry, one day this will be a thing and we'll know what it smells like:

Spoiler

#144 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

I only think it would suck if you're afraid of the consequences of holding that opinion, or you're afraid of being shaken from your belief. Otherwise it's just a discussion, eh?

Codex has a history of angry pitchfork wielding mobs going after people with controversial opinions.

I feel like I know what you're saying, which is why I asked, but I can't quite put my finger on it either. Maybe like the hot smell of the steam? Does steam smell like anything??? I'm stressed out.

Moist ;)

Cause of the steam????

Someone validate my steam smelling theory.

#145 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

Codex has a history of angry pitchfork wielding mobs going after people with controversial opinions.

Well, yeah. Shitty people with shitty opinions.
Who cares if they get forked?

#146 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

I feel like I know what you're saying, which is why I asked, but I can't quite put my finger on it either. Maybe like the hot smell of the steam? Does steam smell like anything??? I'm stressed out.

I'm stressed about this too lol. Brb I'm going to go take a shower. Maybe I'll have a shower thought about it.

Spoiler

We can only hope.

#147 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Well, yeah, the first half is what I was referring to. Being questioned by everyone in the thread starts to make you feel like a pariah which sucks.

In case it wasn't clear, I don't agree with spanking and I'd prefer if no one ever spanked their kids, I just feel bad when someone gets overwhelmed with feedback, deserved or not.

#148 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

Well, yeah. Shitty people with shitty opinions.
Who cares if they get forked?

What does forked even mean?

Definition of forked. 1 : resembling a fork especially in having one end divided into two or more branches or points forked lightning.

I'm stressed about this too lol. Brb I'm going to go take a shower. Maybe I'll have a shower thought about it.

We can only hope.

LOL. Okay. I'll be waiting for your report back.

#149 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

Spoiler

You mean the Smell Master from Richie Rich, surely?
1322472342.jpg

(All the pictures are terrible xD)

What does forked even mean?

You're the one who brought up pitchforks...

#150 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:49 PM

You're the one who brought up pitchforks...

That doesn't sound like me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users