ValorSuite Web

msab auction sniper valorsuite daily pet trainer kad feeder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
174 replies to this topic

#126 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:23 PM

Can you disable then enable this account and let me know if it is resolved?

I'm sorry, I forgot to update you. The logs started working again for me too, I have not observed any issues whatsoever  for about a week or so. I assumed you must have fixed it, but apparently it fixed itself.

#127 Valorous

Valorous
  • 1003 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:21 PM

@Valorous is it possible to add a function to manage the inventory? Would love to remotely deposit or move to stock.

Absolutely. It is in my testing branch and mostly functional. I don't have enough free time to spend on this project to finish it currently.

#128 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:16 AM

I'm sorry to hear life is keeping you busy. I hope that the New Year is going well for you.

When you do get around to looking at this project again, I do have a feature request for you to consider.

I'm having a problem where my inventory gets full with (mostly) junk items from doing the dailies.
When this happens, inventory management starts and dumps them all to SDB.
The problem I'm having is that it disables the bot, so you have to manually return the bot to "running" or "following schedule".
I also get no notification that a bot was disabled, so finding out requires going through each account and checking the status of all bots manually.

Could you look into a way to either 
1) instead of disabling the bot, keeping the bot running while inventory management dumps items to sdb - the inventory will be clear in less then a minute so there's no need to disable the bot,
or
2) allow users to control the inventory management aspect, as @ortin was asking about above.
I would love to have control of inventory management and be able to set a rule to donate anything worth less then 100 nps to the money tree and anything over 100 nps to stock.
Run that every few hours and my inventory would never be full again. I'd also never need to sort out my SDB again, which would be a huge timesaver. It would be a big step toward "hands off" account automation.

Thank you for considering my request!

#129 Renoy

Renoy
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:25 AM

I know you do not spend a lot of time on this project, but I was wondering if it is possible to add the daily faerie quests to the dailies list during the Faerie Festival.

#130 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:23 AM

Apparently the database thinks that Dr Sloth Coin is worth around 250k. Its real value is closer to 1.6 million.

#131 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:56 PM

Sadly, I've been noticing more and more problems creeping into ValorSuite lately.

I've had problems with the database pricing things poorly as well.

I've found that generally, it seems to price things OK when it prices from 0 > whatever your percentage discount is.

When VS goes through and reprices things that are already priced, most of the time it does OK - but sometimes, it gives up to 80% off on random items for no reason or pattern I can follow.

I've seen items I AB'ed that I know it properly priced in the morning at around 250k; that were later sold at 86k later in the day. I check the VS logs and they were repriced, yet the item database doesn't show that kind of huge adjustment in the price. I can't figure out why the reprice decided to give a discount of over 60%.

I've turned off the ability to reprice things [UNCHECK : Allow pricing items over 0?] and that seems to be a workaround for the problem, but it's requiring a lot more hands on time from me to keep shop prices current in multiple accounts.

Also, my AB bot's are frequently stopping because of "ERROR: Could not understand shop id." and then it stops the AB.

Does anyone know what is causing this error, and/or how I can stop/minimize it?

Today, out of 10 accounts, NONE of the accounts had the DailyAutomator start on schedule (so no dailies were done on any of the accounts) Yes, I'm absolutely sure I have the scheduler on for Friday.

I appreciate that Valorous is providing ValorSuite free for users, it's been a huge help to me and honestly I would have quit Neopets by now without it. So I'm very grateful that using ValorSuite is an option.

It makes me sad to see more and more errors and bugs creep in and I know Valorous doesn't have the time to devote to it anymore.

#132 Akari

Akari
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:52 PM

Vortex Fishing Broke in unexpected way D:

#133 Akari

Akari
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:07 PM

Valor Suite isn't notifying when log out from my account :(

#134 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:00 PM

Error message:

LunarTemple broke in an unexpected way. Tell Valorous.

#135 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:20 PM

Was the program you made a few years ago discontinued?

#136 Valorous

Valorous
  • 1003 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:53 AM

I'm sorry to hear life is keeping you busy. I hope that the New Year is going well for you.

When you do get around to looking at this project again, I do have a feature request for you to consider.

I'm having a problem where my inventory gets full with (mostly) junk items from doing the dailies.
When this happens, inventory management starts and dumps them all to SDB.
The problem I'm having is that it disables the bot, so you have to manually return the bot to "running" or "following schedule".
I also get no notification that a bot was disabled, so finding out requires going through each account and checking the status of all bots manually.

Could you look into a way to either 
1) instead of disabling the bot, keeping the bot running while inventory management dumps items to sdb - the inventory will be clear in less then a minute so there's no need to disable the bot,
or
2) allow users to control the inventory management aspect, as @ortin was asking about above.
I would love to have control of inventory management and be able to set a rule to donate anything worth less then 100 nps to the money tree and anything over 100 nps to stock.
Run that every few hours and my inventory would never be full again. I'd also never need to sort out my SDB again, which would be a huge timesaver. It would be a big step toward "hands off" account automation.

Thank you for considering my request!

When it is implemented I will take option #2.

I know you do not spend a lot of time on this project, but I was wondering if it is possible to add the daily faerie quests to the dailies list during the Faerie Festival.

Added to to-do list.

Apparently the database thinks that Dr Sloth Coin is worth around 250k. Its real value is closer to 1.6 million.

Sadly, I've been noticing more and more problems creeping into ValorSuite lately.

I've had problems with the database pricing things poorly as well.

I've found that generally, it seems to price things OK when it prices from 0 > whatever your percentage discount is.

When VS goes through and reprices things that are already priced, most of the time it does OK - but sometimes, it gives up to 80% off on random items for no reason or pattern I can follow.

I've seen items I AB'ed that I know it properly priced in the morning at around 250k; that were later sold at 86k later in the day. I check the VS logs and they were repriced, yet the item database doesn't show that kind of huge adjustment in the price. I can't figure out why the reprice decided to give a discount of over 60%.

I've turned off the ability to reprice things [UNCHECK : Allow pricing items over 0?] and that seems to be a workaround for the problem, but it's requiring a lot more hands on time from me to keep shop prices current in multiple accounts.

Also, my AB bot's are frequently stopping because of "ERROR: Could not understand shop id." and then it stops the AB.

Does anyone know what is causing this error, and/or how I can stop/minimize it?

Today, out of 10 accounts, NONE of the accounts had the DailyAutomator start on schedule (so no dailies were done on any of the accounts) Yes, I'm absolutely sure I have the scheduler on for Friday.

I appreciate that Valorous is providing ValorSuite free for users, it's been a huge help to me and honestly I would have quit Neopets by now without it. So I'm very grateful that using ValorSuite is an option.

It makes me sad to see more and more errors and bugs creep in and I know Valorous doesn't have the time to devote to it anymore.

• Rebuilding the pricing database is at the top of my to-do list. I have been getting home from work, making supper, getting an hour to myself then having to go to sleep for months now.
  • This project loses money every month. It has never been profitable and I have no time to put time into it.
  • Could not understand shop id happens because Neopets updated the shop system and I have not have the time to update the bot to handle this.
  • Does the daily problem still happen?

Vortex Fishing Broke in unexpected way D:

Noted.

Valor Suite isn't notifying when log out from my account :(

This happens because Gmail has an email limit per day. I need an email account with no limit.

Error message:

LunarTemple broke in an unexpected way. Tell Valorous.

Noted.

Was the program you made a few years ago discontinued?

Yes.

#137 Renoy

Renoy
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 11:34 PM

Thanks for the updates! I appreciate all the work you do with ValorSuite. Just wanted to point out a quick thing I noticed looking through my logs:

MoneyTreeGrabber Skipping 'Lutari Kacheek Plushie'. Unknown.

Do you think you could have an option to grab or skip unknown items, rather than skipping automatically? This item is worth millions :o

#138 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 12:23 AM

• Rebuilding the pricing database is at the top of my to-do list. I have been getting home from work, making supper, getting an hour to myself then having to go to sleep for months now.
  • This project loses money every month. It has never been profitable and I have no time to put time into it.

Thank you for updating us! I hope your schedule gets lighter soon, as having so little time to unwind and do stuff just for you really sucks. Hopefully you are getting appropiately compensated for this!

Speaking of compensation, wouldn't it make sense to, for example, make Valorsuite Web exclusive for Advanced Members and increase the price of advanced membership a bit? I've been thinking about this for some time. We want Valorsuite to be updated and get new features and such, but it makes absolutely no sense that you're doing all of this alone without getting anything from it, especially since you don't play Neopets yourself. I know there's Valorsuite Premium, but you receiving a part of the price of advanced membership is probably a more reliable way of income for you, and it would make sense for Neocodex too as VS offers in part similar bots that advanced membership offers - I'm thinking of Advanced Abrosia -, so the sales of memberships could increase and everyone would profit. Has you already discussed this in some way?

#139 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:07 AM

Thank you for updating us! I hope your schedule gets lighter soon, as having so little time to unwind and do stuff just for you really sucks. Hopefully you are getting appropriately compensated for this!

Speaking of compensation, wouldn't it make sense to, for example, make Valorsuite Web exclusive for Advanced Members and increase the price of advanced membership a bit? I've been thinking about this for some time. We want Valorsuite to be updated and get new features and such, but it makes absolutely no sense that you're doing all of this alone without getting anything from it, especially since you don't play Neopets yourself. I know there's Valorsuite Premium, but you receiving a part of the price of advanced membership is probably a more reliable way of income for you, and it would make sense for Neocodex too as VS offers in part similar bots that advanced membership offers - I'm thinking of Advanced Abrosia -, so the sales of memberships could increase and everyone would profit. Has you already discussed this in some way?

This is not a bad idea to be honest. I reckon maybe run it by the current staff and see what they think?

#140 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:15 PM

When it is implemented I will take option #2.

Thank you for offering a way for users to control their inventory on your to do list. I will try to be patient, but I hope it is available soon.

I have been getting home from work, making supper, getting an hour to myself then having to go to sleep for months now.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I remember doing that much at times in my life myself, and it sucked.
As Perdita wrote, I hope that at least you are getting worthwhile compensation for your time.

Does the daily problem still happen?

Yes. I've only caught it happening that one time - however, due to what I see when I log into my accounts manually I suspect it's happening more then I've noticed.
It's actually the same problem as Perdita write about last November in post 107 that's continued all this time.
http://www.neocodex....b/#entry2027742
(sorry, the link goes to the thread start and does not seem to go to the indicated post)

I've been consistently running ValorSuite with 10 or more accounts for many months now (Since at least November, I think?). I depend on ValorSuite to do the dailies, including Trudy. Trudy awards an avatar for 25 consecutive days of playing. If ValorSuite was working correctly and running the dailies every day, all accounts would have the avatar in the first month, right? Wrong. Of my accounts -- only TWO have the Trudy avatar.
I log into my accounts late at night, EST. Many, many times when I log in to clear my inventory by hand and see that Trudy's is not spun, bank interest is not collected, forgotten shore unexplored, etc. So I have to do all the dailies by hand anyway. I often just do trudy & bank interest and let the rest of the dailies go because of time constraints  :(
I think there is an inconsistency in how the dailies are being run in ValorSuite, and I personally feel it's because ValorSuite is programmed on UTC time so it recognizes "a new day" as starting at a much different time then Neopian Standard Time does.
So yes, the problem is still happening - or by now, all accounts that have been running in ValorSuite for 5+ months would have had 25 consecutive days of playing Trudy.

This project loses money every month. It has never been profitable and I have no time to put time into it.

I'm sorry to hear that ValorSuite is losing money every month.
I have a great appreciation for ValorSuite. ValorSuite has really helped me maintain an interest in Neopets - without it, I would have probably quit and left the accounts to rot by now.

I would like to show my support for ValorSuite financially, but I haven't paid for ValorSuite Premium because of the high cost, low benefits and that it covers only 1 account for 1 month.

Had you ever considered adding a less costly tier then Premium to increase the sales of ValorSuite? Like an Elite tier, with some added functionality over your basic free ValorSuite.

I don't have a lot of extra money for entertainment, and I'm already paying for the proxies to use ValorSuite which is literally about 80% of my entertainment budget. There's no way I can pay [the current cost] of Premium for 1 account for 1 month to gain access to foodclub, labray, and stocks. With no inventory control available in ValorSuite, I must log in to the account manually at least every other day or risk getting my bots disabled for a full inventory-to-SDB dump. If I must log in manually anyway, I can do those 3 little dailies by hand in under 10 minutes, if I wanted to do them at all.
ValorSuite is also competing against other "DailyDoer" apps and scripts that are free or membership-based; some of which offer not just ValorSuite Premium options, but "to do" list things and other options as well (like automated cupcaking).
So as things are, ValorSuite Premium isn't worth purchasing for my accounts.

Here's what would make me open my wallet for ValorSuite ...
- Show me a ValorSuite with inventory control, where at bare minimum I can set a rule that says "every x hours, dump all inventory to SDB" - this means I won't be forced to log in and clear my inventory every other day.
- Show me a ValorSuite that allows me to choose the timezone it runs on. I have a suspicion a lot of the recurring dailies problems are based around the start of a day in UTC time being 7 hours ahead from NST. Plus it would be easier to program bots based on either my time or NST time rather then UTC time.
- Show me a ValorSuite that allows users to choose to purchase or grab "unknown items" - now when new items are introduced, I won't be swearing at my logs for the first 3+ weeks as users of Abrosia and other ABer's grab all the new items to sell at a high profit while ValorSuite is still 'learning' about them. I should be the one to decide if I risk an unknown item buy/grab - then any issues with a 'poor grab' are my own choice, and not a shortcoming of the program.

Fix the current issues and add those 3 features and that's worth [1/10th of the current cost] per account per month to me.
And I mean, on every account I run. Every month. On AutoPay.

I understand you may counter with the current price of premium being [the current cost] for 1 account per month - but honestly, even if I could afford that (which I can't), what ValorSuite currently offers isn't worth it - I don't even have a lab map on most accounts, and I either ignore or manually do stocks and food club when forced to manually do inventory control. So I don't need Premium.

I more need something like an "Elite" tier - all the functionality of the basic free ValorSuite, but with inventory control, timezone control, and unknown item options - and I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for them.

I honestly do feel the current price of ValorSuite Premium is too high for what it offers. This is in NO WAY to discount your awesome efforts as a programmer Valorous - you are much appreciated for all your work on ValorSuite! This is more a reflection of my entertainment budget and how to spend it on what will entertain me all month long.

Please consider my suggestion(s) for potential changes to ValorSuite Premium. Thank you.

-> I've a new ValorSuite issue to mention ... ValorSuite is not rejecting FaerieQuests from Kaia. Kaia is a new(er) faerie from the Wraith's Resurgence plot. Her quests are to ask for a NeoCash item in your inventory AND to demand it be presented to her in a 75 NC pink bag from the NC mall. ValorSuite seems to get stuck on "Handling FaerieQuest" and then you have to go in and reject the quest manually, then return and indicate your availability to quests to Fyora in about 10 minutes.

Do you think you could have an option to grab or skip unknown items, rather than skipping automatically? This item is worth millions :o

I agree 100+% with you. I have had the same situation myself, multiple time, where ValorSuite has cost me millions by ignoring an "unknown item". There was once an item that came from a rare item code in 2008 - it was given to the money tree (like seriously, WTF are you thinking to donate this?) and ValorSuite skipped it. You can't even find this item to buy on the trading post in months, yet there it was within my grasp -- and it got skipped. So frustrating!
I have previously asked about the possibility of ValorSuite to allow users to chose to accept "unknown items" [post 124 of this thread] if the item was from 2008 and the database can't index it, it's not doing a very good job finding items in 11 years. Valorous has replied that he does not wish to allow users that option. [post 125 of this thread]

Speaking of compensation, wouldn't it make sense to, for example, make Valorsuite Web exclusive for Advanced Members and increase the price of advanced membership a bit? [SNIP] I know there's Valorsuite Premium, but you receiving a part of the price of advanced membership is probably a more reliable way of income for you, and it would make sense for Neocodex too as VS offers in part similar bots that advanced membership offers - I'm thinking of Advanced Abrosia, so the sales of memberships could increase and everyone would profit.

I agree that Valorous should be compensated for ValorSuite.
However, I don't agree with your idea of both requiring advanced membership AND increasing the price of the membership as being the best route.

Assuming that 'advanced membership' sales would remain stable is not a given. Any price increase often has customers stop to look at what they are getting for their money. Members could choose go elsewhere for similarly priced options that had kept their prices the same while they offer apps that have the same if not wider options.
If you plan to raise the price of a product, be prepared to tell your customers why they should pay more. Show your customers the value of what they are getting.
In short, you should first ensure your "to do" list doesn't look like someone else's "already done" list.

This part reflects on just my personal experiences -- I don't like the idea of paying for a NeoCodex advanced membership for ValorSuite; because I see them as two separate things.
I'm not fond of the fact that when I tried Abrosia, it bought a bunch of school supplies that it assured me were a "great profit" but I sold at a great loss because of the database being flat out wrong by 10k+ NPs each. When your new account only has 50k NPs and Abrosia spent it all on stuff you can now sell for 5k - well yeah, still feeling salty about that. I'm assured the database pricing is updated through the program, so there's no need (indeed, no way!) to correct database prices on anything that's not 'unbuyable'. So after that loss, I feel like NTY to Abrosia. I accept that it works well for other people - indeed some have had amazing successes with it, but I didn't have such a good go with it and I don't feel like trying again right now.
The rest of the program manager is great ... when it works. I have a problem with Dice-A-Roo not working on a Mac, and yet NO ONE has been able to lift one finger to even reply to my help request SINCE SEPTEMBER 2018. I've had a support ticket open at Neopets for literally the same amount of time, and it's also been ignored. Help requests that ignore you as long as TNT does isn't a selling point for me. Frankly, it really dissuades me from purchasing advanced membership because I feel like if I have any problems after I pay, they will likely be ignored too.

I've already detailed why I personally don't pay for ValorSuite Premium, based on how the current bots require manual management of the account and since I'm already forced to log in frequently to avoid item dumps that disable my bots, it's little more effort to do what ValorSuite Premium offers myself.
I've clearly explained what would make me open my wallet and pay, on a regular monthly basis, for ValorSuite. I do have reason to believe this would appeal to others as well, especially if the price was more affordable then it currently is.

Valorous should be compensated as the programmer, but I also feel the cost of the server should be covered so the project does not lose money every month.
I would want to know who pays for those servers - because that should also determine where the money should go to.

#141 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:07 AM

Purrina, first of all thank you for the detailed response! I understand why you don't want to pay for Premium; I didn't want to be as direct, but I'm thinking the same. Maybe even a Donate button could alleviate the financial loss a bit here.

I counted on my suggestion about tying Valorsuite to Advanced Membership provoking ideas from other users, so it's great that you posted yours so fast :-)
I totally agree about Abrosia's issues with the database. This needs to be adressed. However, there is even less incentive to use Abrosia when you can use Valorsuite for free, and Abrosia is very likely the main reason for people buying Advanced. Your point about help requests on the forum is also valid. I can assure you though that if you PM the admins or mods directly you get your problem solved within a day (if it can be solved that fast).
Regarding the higher price of Advanced, I'm not thinking double the price but rather one or two or three dollars more per month. I don't know how the prices are calculated so I don't want to give a definitive number here. Advanced is not expensive; maybe the price could even stay the same when VS would make sales increase. Making a program that used to be free exclusive for Advanced would of course be difficult to sell to users who are not yet Advanced. That is the main problem I see with my suggestion.
Of course, one could also do both: Keep Advanced and Valorsuite seperate, but offer a "complete package" with both for a slight discount.
You are of course also right about the server cost. I haven't been thinking about this as VS is now on Neocodex's domain, but of course the server cost need to be covered by this - and leave enough for Valorous to be compensated in an appropiate way. The details should probably best be figured out by Valorous and the admins, as they know the numbers involved.

#142 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:25 AM

I counted on my suggestion about tying Valorsuite to Advanced Membership provoking ideas from other users, so it's great that you posted yours so fast :-)

Perdita, I think you did a great job to get the members thinking of solutions with your ideas.  :thumbsup:

there is even less incentive to use Abrosia when you can use Valorsuite for free

Using ValorSuite isn't really free ... while ValorSuite itself is "free" - it *requires* a proxy.
A fast, reliable proxy, preferably one not used by other Neopets players is not free. 
You either have to pay to buy dedicated proxies, or you pay in time looking for free proxies or setting up your home ip to be used by ValorSuite (which was more complicated then I felt I could reasonable tackle).
So right away, to use ValorSuite you are likely opening your wallet for a proxy BUT unless you buy the proxy through Valorous' referral link, none of that cost goes back into the ValorSuite project.
If it helps to understand expenses : I currently run 10 neopets accounts through ValorSuite, and the proxies cost me 22 US [other] a month, which is over 4 times the cost of advanced membership.

Ooohhh, there's an idea - maybe create a ValorSuite plan that INCLUDES the proxy in the price of the monthly membership. This way, people who are not interested in learning about setup, use etc of proxies can have that aspect handled by paying for their membership - and then they can be given the proxy:port for when they want to login to Neopets via browser+foxyproxy themselves.

Your point about help requests on the forum is also valid. I can assure you though that if you PM the admins or mods directly you get your problem solved within a day (if it can be solved that fast).

Thank you for sharing that with me. It really helps to hear from someone who has bought the membership that the support is handled well when needed.

Of course, one could also do both: Keep Advanced and Valorsuite seperate, but offer a "complete package" with both for a slight discount.

I like this idea a lot. If I was buying a package of "elite"/lower cost memberships through ValorSuite, having the option to add an advanced membership for an [other] or 2 more might entice me to try Abrosia again.

:idea: -- replies over, begin random ideas of my own --

If making ValorSuite turn a profit is what will get Valorous back to working on the project, then let's put all of our Codex brains together so we can solve the cashflow problem and get ValorSuite to become bug-free and feature rich!

Getting down to finances: the current Premium plan is not making ValorSuite turn a profit, or even break even.
Thus, either the premium plan needs to change OR other less costly options need to be added.
I personally think members need to be made aware that this excellent option of Neopets automation has been operating at a loss, and unless that changes it may not continue to be available.

Perdita's excellent suggestion of a donate button sounds like the fastest and easiest solution.
It can provide an immediate relief to alleviate the losses. Users can donate and show their appreciation while still being mindful of their own budget constraints.
{ Side note I seem to remember a donate button on ValorSuite - ages ago? and it vanished, I think around the time I remember Premium coming up as an option? Anyone else remember this, or am I mistaken? }
At any rate, maybe Valorous could consider adding a donate button on the login page where it's hard to miss, and explain the current need for funds. This way, everyone who logs in will know the situation and be aware that if they are enjoying the project, it's time to skip the blue chai latte and send some funds into ValorSuite. ;)

My suggestion of creating a lower tier of paid membership, like an "elite" tier, could be something that takes time to set up, so there will be coding work to be done while the project is still operating at a loss (possibly alleviated a bit by donations).
Since the code seems to be in place for premium already, hopefully it wouldn't be too much coding work to add a new tier of membership. I seem to remember Valorous saying the inventory feature was near functional in his own version, so hopefully at least that part is nearing completion.

Finally, I do understand that there are users who have many, many accounts in ValorSuite - so a plan that covers "all your neopets accounts" isn't practical.
If the premium plan is going to offer the same options at the same price, perhaps increasing Premium to cover say - 5 or 10 accounts - would get more people to buy it.

I would really like to find a way for ValorSuite to continue to remain free and available, with expanded donation and lower cost tiers of membership so more members can show their support - while becoming profitable enough to be worth the investment of time from Valorous to keep it bug free.
Let's put our heads together and make this happen!

#143 sanceston

sanceston
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:20 PM

Until there is an option to use my own computer instead of purchasing a proxy, I cant justify the costs.

(yes I tried to set up my PC as proxy server but could not get it to work) 

I miss the old ValaorSuite program

#144 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:12 AM

Until there is an option to use my own computer instead of purchasing a proxy, I cant justify the costs.

(yes I tried to set up my PC as proxy server but could not get it to work) 

ValorSuite offers a unique advantage that other programs don't -- once you have a proxy and setup your account+scheduler in VS, it just runs on schedule. Your computer does not need to be on and you don't need to be running a program either by being at it or remotely.

If that feature isn't appealing or useful to you, then you are right - you should explore other apps to find the one that works best for you.

Trying ValorSuite is (currently) free, and a single dedicated proxy costs about $2./month - or you can try it free if you're willing to use a free proxy.

#145 Renoy

Renoy
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:26 AM

I really do second everything Purrina has highlighted here. The reason I haven't paid yet for ValorSuite premium is because it seems to be tied to individually usernames, or do I have that mixed up? That is, if I purchase it, will it work on all of my bot accounts or just one username that I select? That is what I've believed it's been. I also haven't taken the bite yet to purchase proxies because it's too expensive for me in the long run. I don't make any money from my Neopets accounts. It's all just for fun for me.

I also have a quick question about the Suite in general; when I save my PIN to the site, is there any way for me to retrieve or view that? I've changed it, and saved it on ValorSuite so my bots can access. But I cannot, because I have forgotten like a fool to update it in my notes. There's probably security so I can't see but I was just curious.

One other question. Valorous do you have a $cash.app account to accept donations? While I can't afford a monthly premium fee (even pay as you can for more than 1 account is pricey for me - I am on disability) I can definitely drop you a few dollars here and there. Or something like Ko-Fi. I have been using ValorSuite for some months now and it's changed my Neopets life. 

Edited by Renoy, 17 April 2019 - 02:30 AM.

#146 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:54 AM

I really do second everything Purrina has highlighted here. The reason I haven't paid yet for ValorSuite premium is because it seems to be tied to individually usernames, or do I have that mixed up? That is, if I purchase it, will it work on all of my bot accounts or just one username that I select? That is what I've believed it's been.

AFAIK you are correct - ValorSuite Premium is currently $10./month, is manually enabled and is only for 1 Neopets account.

This is why I stated I feel the current ValorSuite Premium is overpriced.
Looking at ValorSuite Premium as a strictly commercial entity from the PoV of a consumer; there are other options that are half the price yet allow for an unlimited number of accounts, and also have much of the VS to-do list already functional. ValorSuite does have the wonderful "set it and forget it" scheduler that runs even when your computer is off - but also requires you to manually log in via browser to manage inventory.
That said, I am willing to donate to ValorSuite to offset server expenses and encourage bugfixes and improvements, or to subscribe to a more reasonably priced subscription tier that has the errors and bugs fixed and is being actively maintained.

I also have a quick question about the Suite in general; when I save my PIN to the site, is there any way for me to retrieve or view that? I've changed it, and saved it on ValorSuite so my bots can access. But I cannot, because I have forgotten like a fool to update it in my notes. There's probably security so I can't see but I was just curious.

Sorry, I don't know a way to retrieve your PIN - but Valorous might know how.

#147 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:52 AM

I really miss the old ValorSuite. Premium wasn't appealing for me, I just didn't need the functionalites it offered but I'm definitely willing to donate, even regularly, in order to help Valorous. I think I'll give a try with proxies which I find quite unnecessary and a lot of efforts for no gain compared to the old version but you mentioned there are some problems with ValorSuite currently, especially with Trudy? Truth to be told, that's one of the main things that's appealing to me, all other programs I've found and used don't have this function and I can easily start a separate bot for all my accounts manually everyday but I can't be bothered to log in and run Trudy manually :)

#148 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:37 AM

I've confirmed that selecting the Obelisk Boon Five Finger Discount breaks the AutoBuyer in ValorSuite.

It will start then immediately stop.

As soon as the boon ends, you are back to AB again, with no further issues.

I've saved a copy of the shop page showing the adjusted HTML layout.

When you are able to update ValorSuite, please let me know how to get it to you.

@Valorous

#149 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:24 AM

This morning, the logs confirmed ValorSuite was working as expected for my accounts.

(I am on EST in USA)

It's evening here now, and when I go to the accounts page it is entirely blank.

Where the list of accounts should be, it simply says "No data available in table"

-> Is anyone else having this problem?

I've logged in and out, disabled/enabled browser extensions, tried different browsers on both mac and windows - same thing.

@Valorous - can you please help restore the list of accounts page so we can manage the accounts?

Thank you in advance for looking into this.

Update: it appears the bots are not running now either. :(

#150 Renoy

Renoy
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:14 PM

This morning, the logs confirmed ValorSuite was working as expected for my accounts.

(I am on EST in USA)

It's evening here now, and when I go to the accounts page it is entirely blank.

Where the list of accounts should be, it simply says "No data available in table"

-> Is anyone else having this problem?

I've logged in and out, disabled/enabled browser extensions, tried different browsers on both mac and windows - same thing.

@Valorous - can you please help restore the list of accounts page so we can manage the accounts?

Thank you in advance for looking into this.

Update: it appears the bots are not running now either. :(

All but 3 of my accounts are now gone, entirely. Not listed under accounts. I wonder if the database got wiped :-\

04/29/2019 20:33:01 is my last working timestamp with an account that no longer shows up. What's going on...

Edited by Renoy, 30 April 2019 - 09:14 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: msab, auction sniper, valorsuite, daily, pet trainer, kad feeder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users