Photo

Dress Codes

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#26 DragonEx

DragonEx
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:37 PM

Schools that have dress codes are hippocrates. At school, they try to encourage you to be yourself. I myself like to be different, I don't like to dress like the average person. I want to express myself freely, how could anyone do this with a dress code?

Not really, sad to say, it's a very narrow mindset if you think that way.

Elementary school yes, because there's a need for them to understand the importance of having a strict dress code in some of the professions in the society.

Elementary school, yes. (Well I googled to find out that age range for elementary school cause they don't call that elementary school in my coutry :p)

I am brought up in an environment like this. When kids are small, they might be subjected to point of views due to looks, ect ect. The amount of money a family has to doll up kids also ranges from people to people. Kids when small, might not be able to handle the feeling of inferiority(or whichever way it's spelled) or being an outcast just because they are not able to be dolled up like a princess by their parents.

It also enforces discipline on the students as they have to adhere to a certain dress code by the school. It's more values in it than just "HEY, Stick to the frigging dress code".

It differs from country to country with different ways of imparting the values and might be seen as more conservative, but that's the way I am brought up haha.

#27 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

Elementary school, yes. (Well I googled to find out that age range for elementary school cause they don't call that elementary school in my coutry :p)

I am brought up in an environment like this. When kids are small, they might be subjected to point of views due to looks, ect ect. The amount of money a family has to doll up kids also ranges from people to people. Kids when small, might not be able to handle the feeling of inferiority(or whichever way it's spelled) or being an outcast just because they are not able to be dolled up like a princess by their parents.

It also enforces discipline on the students as they have to adhere to a certain dress code by the school. It's more values in it than just "HEY, Stick to the frigging dress code".

It differs from country to country with different ways of imparting the values and might be seen as more conservative, but that's the way I am brought up haha.

I was trying to use a more universal term and I guess I failed Posted Image Anyway I'm so against that type of environment :/. I would hide behind the bushes and throw dungs at those princesses Posted Image

#28 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

Not all schools may have a uniform, but they all have dress codes. Whether or not the dress codes are enforced is a different story. I went to a uniform school and it was shit because everyone broke the uniform rules anyways by wearing undershirts that weren't white, or girls hiking their skirts up too high. Not to mention that getting ready took extra long, because there's so many parts to the uniform. Well my uniform was a lot, and it was uncomfortable too. A lot of the times it was distracting in class, having my tights digging into my ass and attempting to pick a wedgie. It was terrible. Oh, and it was all made of wool so in like june you'd be dying in class.

Fuck uniforms. As long as the dress code is enforced, there's no need for uniforms. Regarding schools being safer if there's uniforms, my school has your ID that you wear around your neck all day which is much simpler for me.

#29 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:55 PM

I can't stand uniforms. I don't think they should be implemented at all. But I do believe in simple dress codes like banning offensive messages and gang related attire.

#30 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

As long as it's not extremely offensive, who cares what other people wear? Unless you're a fashionista or something lol.

#31 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

I dont mind uniforms when i was in school.
saves me the headache of getting my clothes ripped/stained from shenanigans.

#32 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:24 PM

ineTERNETS gunna hate gaga. dont let these fags get you down. .....

#33 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

I'm going to have to say yes, schools should have dress-codes. With profane t-shirts? I don't mind those. But I do mind when I see people wearing baggy pants that the crotch is down to the floor and I can see your underwear. Same applies with ultra-low waist jeans and a thong. We don't need to see that. (I don't mind thongs, but you don't have to flaunt your ass to the world, thank you very much. Especially in school. You can do that outside of school!) and what about wearing bikinis to school? See, stuff like that is why we need a dress code. I don't think a lot of parents and teachers and even students would be happy if some people strut around in a bikini at school. Sure there could be hot girls wearing a bikini but what about the not-so-pretty girls... haha, so yeah.

I'm pretty sure schools won't implement a dress code because there have been an influx of people coming to school half naked in swimwear.

#34 togepi

togepi
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

A dress code is necessary for a school. Too many girls like dressing like sluts. I wouldn't mind uniforms, either, but maybe it's just my lack of care since it's my senior year and I've been wearing sweatpants since day 1. Plus, it's realistic, since most jobs require a uniform anyway.

#35 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:01 PM

A dress code is necessary for a school. Too many girls like dressing like sluts. I wouldn't mind uniforms, either, but maybe it's just my lack of care since it's my senior year and I've been wearing sweatpants since day 1. Plus, it's realistic, since most jobs require a uniform anyway.

Even when there's a certain dress code i.e. Uniform, some girls will just fold their skirt to make it shorter.

#36 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:53 AM

I think teens should be allowed to wear short skirts if it is displayed on television.

#37 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

As someone who uses clothes to express myself, I feel that a strict dress code/uniform would not make me happy. For those of you who say that if clothes are the only way to express yourself, then you pity that person, I don't think you're seeing it from all sides. As someone in high school, I definitely express myself with clothing. Clothing is not the ONLY way I express myself, I'm probably one of the louder, more vocal people in my grade, but with that attitude, I also dress in a way similar to that, if you understand.

Feel free to discuss this more with me, I could probably talk about clothes for a long time.

#38 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

As someone who uses clothes to express myself, I feel that a strict dress code/uniform would not make me happy. For those of you who say that if clothes are the only way to express yourself, then you pity that person, I don't think you're seeing it from all sides. As someone in high school, I definitely express myself with clothing. Clothing is not the ONLY way I express myself, I'm probably one of the louder, more vocal people in my grade, but with that attitude, I also dress in a way similar to that, if you understand.

Feel free to discuss this more with me, I could probably talk about clothes for a long time.

Find a way to express yourself within the rules, or go somewhere else.
If your individuality is that important to you, I'm sure you could find a way (if you were in that situation, which I gather you're not, from the tone of your post).

#39 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

Find a way to express yourself within the rules, or go somewhere else.
If your individuality is that important to you, I'm sure you could find a way (if you were in that situation, which I gather you're not, from the tone of your post).

What rules? If you mean the dress code, the only dress code my school has is basically nothing vulgar so people dress however they want.

What situation? I am a bit confused here :/

#40 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:56 PM

What rules? If you mean the dress code, the only dress code my school has is basically nothing vulgar so people dress however they want.

What situation? I am a bit confused here :/

Forget it.

#41 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:02 PM

I mean a very normal dress code should be in effect like.

No shirt, no pants, no shoes no education

But i mean if the kids themselves dont have the sense to wear some more cloth, who are we to say anything

#42 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

Even when there's a certain dress code i.e. Uniform, some girls will just fold their skirt to make it shorter.

Agreed, there is no real regulation to how the dress code is applied.
In HS during the summer, there could've been several hundred girls lined up in the office because everyone was wearing shorts above mid thigh.

#43 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

Apparently girls only wear two types of pants
skinny jeans and short shorts

If you take away their short shorts they might burn to death in the summer.

#44 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

You forgot about skirts, those are always comfortable and nice in the summer.

#45 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

I have the biggest fetish for leggings and spandex sweatpants. I cant believe you forgot about those kinds of pants!!!!!!!!!!

#46 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

I have the biggest fetish for leggings and spandex sweatpants. I cant believe you forgot about those kinds of pants!!!!!!!!!!

Spandex sweatpants...? Mean like yoga pants or so lows?

#47 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

Spandex sweatpants...? Mean like yoga pants or so lows?

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

#48 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:49 PM

Yes to dress code but they really should not be so heavily emphasized in schools. We used to loop a shoelace around our shirts to create the effect of it being tucked. Our discipline mistress will randomly catch students and send them to detention. Stupid and inefficient system, I don't see how not tucking in shirts affect our ability to learn.

#49 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

I don't see how not tucking in shirts affect our ability to learn.

It's suposeddly for "teaching you to respect some rules". In some jobs they'll ask you to wear an uniform.
It's only like an introduction for following some rules on your future when you get into a job.

#50 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

Dress codes wouldnt be all to bad...I wouldnt have to worry about much about what to wear. Plus hasn't there been studies about this? like less bullying?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users