Signature Restrictions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#51 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE(Brad @ Sep 1 2007, 10:12 PM) View Post
Take out the retired member and you're golden.

what if i photoshopped the two together? I do believe that as a single image it would fit within the 2nd image size requirements? we're talking tiny banner here smile.gif

#52 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:30 AM

Opera doesn't seem to like how the new spoiler tags work 1we8.gif

I've got some work to do...

Damn it, 9 Lines. Goodbye Hobo-related comic

Do lines saying 'QUOTE(Kim @ May 9 2006, 06:03 PM)' count towards the 8 line limit?

Edited by Mr. Hobo, 02 September 2007 - 11:35 AM.

#53 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:40 AM

yes

#54 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(Rambo @ Sep 2 2007, 08:40 PM) View Post
yes

no blink.gif

#55 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:12 PM

IT DOES SO!!!111shiftyeleven!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1one

#56 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(Rambo @ Sep 2 2007, 09:12 PM) View Post
IT DOES SO!!!111shiftyeleven!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1one

sad.gif
Edit, so I can say
"I don't know, can you repeat the question?"

You should have said "maybe"

#57 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:14 PM

*sigh* quit the spamming.

#58 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(Tetiel @ Sep 2 2007, 03:14 PM) View Post
*sigh* quit the spamming.

Why? Let them do whatever the hell they want... Now get a mod over here and preview this... and decide it isn't allowed dry.gif

#59 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:17 PM

Wow... we seem to have a bunch of whiny little babies on Codex, don't we?

Oh, boo hoo, people are telling us things are against the rules, what Nazis, what dictators, let the community decide! This topic has some pretty pathetic posts in it. To those being little bitches in this topic, apparently you have no concept of how... well.... anything works. How about we clear that up, eh?

First of all... Neocodex still has some of the most lenient moderators I've seen on any forum. 95% of other forums would have banned half of you a long time ago for flagrant disregard for the rules over a period of months, but the Codex staff has let it get by. Some of you are complaining like this is something new, as though it was always okay before, but now suddenly isn't.

There were always signature rules. It just so happens they all pretty much weren't enforced because so many people decided to break them and no one wanted to get you all in a little tizzy over calling you on it. Why? Because some of you act like a bunch of spoiled children when something isn't your way.

The staff is the law on any site, NeoCodex included, and you should have been thankful that they let you get away with so much bullcrap that would have had you banned from any other community long ago. Instead of being thankful, you whine when they actually decide to try and enforce a rule. The staff doesn't have some obligation to bend to your will, follow your rules, and generally suck you off whenever you disagree with something.

From what I can see the rules are changing not because the staff is decided to put on their jackboots and lay down the law out of some power trip, but because some of you take advantage of their kindness. They didn't punish you severely for breaking rules because they were your friends as well as the staff, but some of you just seem to want to crap all over that and wet your diapers at any hint that someone may dare say that you are in violation of a rule!

Anyone arguing against this... You are embarrassing yourselves. Seriously, try going to another forum and pulling this crap. You'll be out of there on day one. Crybabies, contrary to what some of you seem to think, aren't desirable on an internet forum.

In summary... you'll get over it.

Edited by BrknPhoenix, 02 September 2007 - 01:25 PM.

#60 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:24 PM

And... why did Gene demote himself? I want him back.

#61 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

This topic, thanks to a few people that wish to disagree with staff policies in non-conventional ways (to put it lightly), will be closed.

I will say that Neocodex is, most certainly, not a democracy. This statement deserves its own paragraph because I want everyone to realize that right now. We've reiterated this phrase enough times in the past.

As graceful as the staff is, we have allowed a few measures of democracy to exist on this board to give the members opportunity to contribute their ideas. I am willing to listen to these ideas as my personal message box is open to anyone, however, I have a serious problem with active protest is taking place about changes passed by the staff. The change has been done, and unanimously voted on in the staff area by the active staff and I, so deal with it. Fortunately for you all, there are many ways to "deal" with it, contrary to other websites that exist on the internet that do not share our sense of leniency (which I see is being taken for granted).

Many forums have closed ears, and that is the end of the discussion. There is no opportunity to voice disagreement in seemingly proper ways without getting prosecuted. The staff will NOT read your personal message if it's about disagreement, and will probably delete it. Here, when we make a change, we allow those who have proper grounds to voice their concerns. There is no guarantee that your opinion is going to change anything, but rather we give you this opportunity in case we did run into a scenario that wasn't anticipated during discussion. We do not tolerate comments about our ideas being "bullshit", or so on, so don't expect us to give you much attention if you can't file a civilized complaint.

Now, about giving this opportunity: There are designated ways to voice discontent. Freedom of expression where you have permission to "have a go" at the nearest staff member (comparing their rule to communism, personal insults, etc.) doesn't exist on Neocodex and will not be tolerated, if you haven't noticed already. If you are polite about it, you are free to send a PM to a staff member and given the grounds of your complaint we may do a serious review of it. However, you cannot expect every voiced concern to have an effect as forums just don't work that way, hence why there is such thing as a staff team, or an "elite", if you will. And like BrknPhoenix mentioned, we are very lenient here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users