• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:25 AM

Neocodex - Version 2.3.4

It is my pleasure to announce that the Neocodex forum and website upgrade has been completed. The forum is now running the newest version of Invision Power Board, and we have added many new custom capabilities to the site. Below, we will explain some of the new functions available on the board and how to use them:

New Features:
  • New Default Skin - IP.Board Pro
    • Probably the most prominent of our changes is the new default skin of Neocodex. We have decided to finally retire the classic IPB look of the site and move over to the new default standard for forums running IPB. This new skin is a bit darker than the old one (which may be good news to some members), and it seems like a very nice skin to have.
  • Custom Board Font Style
    • Would you like to customize your posting style so that your posts look different than everyone else's? Well, the opportunity for this has now arrived with the Custom Font Style modification. With this capability, all of your posts will change to the default style you specify. Please note that you will not need to enter anything extra into your posts, as the modification will take care of it on its own. This will not change the contents of your posts, meaning you can simply disable the capability and it will no longer apply to any of your posts.
  • Bot Detection
    • With the addition of more advanced bot detection techniques, hopefully no more of those spam bots will make their way on the forum. We will see in due time. smile.gif
  • IBStore
    • The IBStore is back from the dead! Points accumulation is now enabled, so you will gain points every time you make a post or create a new topic (1 point per post; 5 points per topic). You will then be able to use these points to buy items from the IBStore shops that do various things on the board. In the future, this points system could be used to allow access to various secret areas of the board that contain more advanced cheats, help, etc. Items will be stocking in the shops once people begin accumulating enough points. smile.gif For the time being, interest has been turned off but we will evaluate the future of interest once people begin earning points. tongue.gif
  • New Navigation Bar
    • Because we are loading our navigation bar with too many icons, we have introduced the new drop-down menus that you see on the very top of every page. This will allow current members, new members, and guests to navigate our site more easily and have quicker access to areas of interest.

Now, I can't reveal everything all at once can I? We need to save some features for later so for now, get accustomed to the new features above and we will unveil some more in a few days. Maybe you can find them before I announce their existence? tongue.gif

------------------------------
Now, another announcement regarding the Font Style modification:

We understand that with the addition of the Custom Font Style modification, there is room for some abuse (such as people making their posts very awful to read). We are kindly asking everyone to please ensure that their posts are easy to read and that there are no troubles that arise from this privilege, as we think it is a neat feature to have. Only use this feature to personalize your posts a bit, and not make them a massive annoyance. smile.gif
------------------------------

Lastly, thank you everyone for being so patient while board improvements continue to appear. Your support is very important to us and we hope that you are happy with the way things are coming along. I know that we are very optimistic about the future of the site and we want you all to be a part of that feeling of optimism.

Enjoy!

Neocodex Administration
(Hydrogen, ShadowLink64, Brandon and Noitidart)

#2 Hi!

Hi!
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:28 AM

Cool! *Goes off to get points*

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:30 AM

The new default is grim.
But apart from that... yay tongue.gif

#4 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Fantastic job on the upgrade! The new default skin looks great. happy.gif *goes in search of other new things added*

#5 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

I don't like any of the current skins sad.gif

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

I kind of like this new skin. tongue.gif

(someone needs to fix the new posts mod btw, I don't want to see all this maplestory crap wink.gif)

#7 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:32 AM

Yeah, I'll have that fixed ASAP.

Points for IBStore now enabled.

#8 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (Laser Wave @ Feb 19 2008, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I kind of like this new skin. tongue.gif

(someone needs to fix the new posts mod btw, I don't want to see all this maplestory crap wink.gif)

I like the new skin too tongue.gif. And we're working on it tongue.gif. Seems like we forgot something tongue.gif.

#9 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:34 AM

The "Similar topics" thing is a bit rubbish... apparently, the There Will Be Blood film review is similar to my Neopets plot topic tongue.gif

Yay! I have a whole one point!

#10 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:36 AM

I quite like the skin, it's better than the previous default but I still want Darkness. tongue.gif The new navigation looks good but the yellow hover colour looks weird with the blue skin. xD

Thanks though, for spending so much time on this. smile.gif

Oh yeah... seems all (most) of the emoticons disappeared? sad.gif

Edit: I don't really like the similar topics mod. tongue.gif

#11 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:37 AM

OH MY GOD

I JUST CAME, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE IBSTORE

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:39 AM

I confess the new default is growing on me...

#13 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:42 AM

Seems I'm the only one that misses the old default skin sad.gif
Light seems unnatural to me...Bohegena too dark...and the Pro has too much contrast.

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (Kitsune @ Feb 19 2008, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay! Lovely features. I wish the store was retroactive sad.gif Or that staff could get whatever they wanted smodpow.gif

Can't you edit your points in your profile?
You should be able to, it's just another profile field.

#15 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (xcine @ Feb 19 2008, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I quite like the skin, it's better than the previous default but I still want Darkness. tongue.gif The new navigation looks good but the yellow hover colour looks weird with the blue skin. xD

Thanks though, for spending so much time on this. smile.gif

Oh yeah... seems all (most) of the emoticons disappeared? sad.gif

Edit: I don't really like the similar topics mod. tongue.gif
Fixed the emoticons problem smile.gif.

Please keep reporting bugs you find as there may very well be things we forgot smile.gif.

#16 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:49 AM

Well... when are we getting stock in the IPBStore? tongue.gif

#17 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (Sunscorch @ Feb 19 2008, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well... when are we getting stock in the IPBStore? tongue.gif

Tomorrow or the day after. I just want to see how fast the points will go up first. tongue.gif

Also, for the New Posts Filter -- when Laser gets back to me, it will be installed. For now, just make do with it disabled. tongue.gif

#18 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (ShadowLink64 @ Feb 19 2008, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tomorrow or the day after. I just want to see how fast the points will go up first. tongue.gif

Also, for the New Posts Filter -- when Laser gets back to me, it will be installed. For now, just make do with it disabled. tongue.gif

/humps your leg

#19 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Dan @ Feb 19 2008, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
/humps your leg

Alright man, calm down tongue.gif. Wait until you see what else we have got up our sleeves. This is just the first of many cool new features we're gonna be rolling out tongue.gif.

#20 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:58 AM

How about having points for voting in polls, and ones awarded for SotW winners too.

#21 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (Sunscorch @ Feb 19 2008, 03:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about having points for voting in polls, and ones awarded for SotW winners too.

A definite possibility. tongue.gif Vote increment is not a part of the mod though, but we can award for SotW prizes. tongue.gif

EDIT: I rather like this new default skin. I think it is now my friend.

#22 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (ShadowLink64 @ Feb 19 2008, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A definite possibility. tongue.gif Vote increment is not a part of the mod though, but we can award for SotW prizes. tongue.gif

EDIT: I rather like this new default skin. I think it is now my friend.
Maybe that would get more than 2-3 people entering whistling.gif there's plenty of graphics members. *cough*

#23 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (xcine @ Feb 19 2008, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe that would get more than 2-3 people entering whistling.gif there's plenty of graphics members. *cough*

Yeah. It really depends on if this points thing catches on. We're going to try smile.gif.

QUOTE (Kitsune @ Feb 19 2008, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yar, but I don't think that's fair... you know I try my best to do things the slow and painful way.

Also, Hydro - the delete button is back. Need to get rid of it so people don't use it by mistake again sad.gif Make sure it's still in dropdown list though (there are times I've needed it).

Ugh...we shoulda taken it out before we duplicated all the skin templates over to the other skins tongue.gif. I'll see about that...I think the mods are competent enough to not use it, but yes...by mistake sad.gif

#24 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (Hydrogen @ Feb 19 2008, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah. It really depends on if this points thing catches on. We're going to try smile.gif.

It'll catch on... you just need to have decent items to buy tongue.gif

#25 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (Kitsune @ Feb 19 2008, 05:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Hydro - the delete button is back. Need to get rid of it so people don't use it by mistake again sad.gif Make sure it's still in dropdown list though (there are times I've needed it).

Ah yes I was gonna mention that. I can guarantee you now, I will accidentally click it sometime in the near future if it remains there. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users