Quantcast

Photo

[Guide] Obtaining, Preparing For, and Using mOBSCENE's / sLAUGHTER's Score Sender

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#51 geokilla

geokilla
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:10 PM

I used to get a similar problem when I accidentally clicked it twice... I'm not sure off hand. How soon after clicking the button does the error occur?

I only click it once. I get the error around 3 to 5s after I click update encryption. It's the same error as the 3.9 version. Funny thing is, I was able to score send just fine using 3.8.7 till they patched it, so it probably isn't an error caused by missing OCX files or something of that sort...

#52 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

I can't tell you off hand what the problem is. I'm running it on Vista without compatibility just fine :/

Maybe you could try running it in compatibility for Win 95 just to update encryption? Unfortunately, I'm not the programmer, so I can only tell you what worked for me.

Now if you want to try PMing sLAUGHTER, he's around occasionally... but try to avoid the old version so you don't get slammed with encryption problems :p

#53 geokilla

geokilla
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:35 PM

I can't tell you off hand what the problem is. I'm running it on Vista without compatibility just fine :/

Maybe you could try running it in compatibility for Win 95 just to update encryption? Unfortunately, I'm not the programmer, so I can only tell you what worked for me.

Now if you want to try PMing sLAUGHTER, he's around occasionally... but try to avoid the old version so you don't get slammed with encryption problems :p

I am using Windows 95 compatibility to update the encryption. I installed Library files instead of the Visual Basic that you linked in your opening post, so that might be the problem why...Problem is I have no idea how to remove Library Files. >.<

I'll try PMing sLAUGHTER and see what he says. Thanks for the suggestion.

#54 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

I am using Windows 95 compatibility to update the encryption. I installed Library files instead of the Visual Basic that you linked in your opening post, so that might be the problem why...Problem is I have no idea how to remove Library Files. >.<

I'll try PMing sLAUGHTER and see what he says. Thanks for the suggestion.

Library files in addition to the VB6 runtime environment shouldn't be an issue, because the VB6 runtime files are essentially a set of library files. I'm hoping that sLAUGHTER can help you out (and btw, his MSN contact information is on his page. If he's not here you can always try IMing him)

#55 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:25 PM

VB6 ugh :p
Working on some support for that at the moment. Python for the win!

Anyways back to PHP for the moment :p Conversions conversions conversions. We should have stayed IPB 2 :(

#56 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:49 PM

We should have stayed IPB 2 :(

No way dude. We would have to install mods like hell every time. With IPB 3, we not only get the latest and greatest features, but we also get to simply upload files and keep all our modifications.

Do you need help on the conversions? I am home for the weekend.

#57 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:24 AM

Lul i got frozn yay

#58 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:27 AM

Lul i got frozn yay

Which list were you using when you got frozen? And did you update encryption before you sent? I'm trying to narrow down the reasoning... because I got frozen too... lulz all around.

#59 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

Made 400k from scooooore and still not frozen =P

#60 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

was uzin teh saef list

#61 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

It was probably an issue with the damn encryption update then. That might explain all the accounts getting frozen.

#62 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, they updated it recently...the first encryption change since i added the auto encryption thing in. ;D

#63 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

Yeah, they updated it recently...the first encryption change since i added the auto encryption thing in. ;D

Just our luck, eh? Now I'm obsessive compulsive about clicking it ALL THE TIME... and now I never run it overnight... but I'm rebuilding and will try again anyway because I'm that stubborn

#64 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:09 AM

Hmmm, I'm liking this program, kudos all around. Slowly I'm getting those blasted game avatars to rub in people faces, but I'm paranoid that I might get frozen...again. :/ Well, time to create a side account to test this baby out.

#65 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:17 AM

As long as you don't get unlucky and end up in the process of sending when the encryption updates you should be fine, but I wholeheartedly encourage testing on a side for safety purposes.

#66 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:30 AM

Well, right before I head off to bed (at 4:30 AM no less), I took the pleasure of beating the Better Than You score by 1 point (I just had to), but starting after I wake up, it's side account testing time, at least until I can start on a safe list.

#67 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:45 AM

Well, right before I head off to bed (at 4:30 AM no less), I took the pleasure of beating the Better Than You score by 1 point (I just had to), but starting after I wake up, it's side account testing time, at least until I can start on a safe list.

My Avatar2009, while still in its Beta is generally a safe bet. I spent about 2 hours double checking everything to make everything about as safe as possible. I got 1 review during testing on Extreme Potato Counter... but received my payout and avatar less than 24 hours later.

#68 geokilla

geokilla
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:23 AM

So sLAUGHTER, can you help me with my problem? I sent you a PM couple days ago, but I didn't get a reply. Any help is greatly appreciated =)

#69 JaXxX

JaXxX
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:44 AM

Hey, I love your score sender, but I noticed a couple of problems

Im running 32-bit Vista with the score sender 3.9, and it seems if I run more than two of the programs, it drastically reduces my computers performance and it's a gaming computer -.-, is there any way to fix that? I tried loading it in a computer with more RAM, same problem.

Also, for the 4.1 version it seems the load scorelist function doesn't work.

#70 geokilla

geokilla
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

I MSNed sLAUGHTER today and he helped me fix my update encryption problem. Well it's not really a fix since I have to contact him for the new encryption everytime Neopets updates the encryption, but hey as long as it works!

Thanks again sLAUGHTER!

#71 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

Nuts, got a little carried away and got frozen, oh well, didn't lose much anyways. xD Now I know the limits of using the program.

Edited by Elindoril, 24 June 2009 - 04:35 PM.

#72 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

Nuts, got a little carried away and got frozen, oh well, didn't lose much anyways. xD Now I know the limits of using the program.

Oh dear God... I did that too... what did you do to get frozen?

#73 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:25 PM

Not sure exactly, I was doing some AC games, then did the BTY challenge for kicks, then like 20 minutes later, both accounts were iced.

#74 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

Not iced and I've made about 700k off of it.

#75 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:22 PM

I've done BTY safely before... guess it's just a matter of safety and whether or not the encryption is up to date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users