Photo

The ABrosia FAQ

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#51 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

Oh, another question! If something worth buying is more expensive than what you have on hand, will Abrosia withdrawl money from the bank to buy it?

Case in point: on my first day of restocking ~evar~ the main petpet shop restockced a Moltenore which is worth over 5mil, which is like 660k just in the shop. Of course I was delirious and wondering why the shop keeper was not accepting my offer of 66k when I tried to offer, and it was too late when I realized why not.

So is the AB programmed to withdraw NP in that kind of scenario? Or when you're running too low in genearl?

#52 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:11 PM

Oh, another question! If something worth buying is more expensive than what you have on hand, will Abrosia withdrawl money from the bank to buy it?

Case in point: on my first day of restocking ~evar~ the main petpet shop restockced a Moltenore which is worth over 5mil, which is like 660k just in the shop. Of course I was delirious and wondering why the shop keeper was not accepting my offer of 66k when I tried to offer, and it was too late when I realized why not.

So is the AB programmed to withdraw NP in that kind of scenario? Or when you're running too low in genearl?

ABrosia only withdraws money from till... you need to make sure that you have enough money on hand/in till to cover your daily spending

Alright thanks man . Btw how long do you recommend running the program for?

I'm going to defer to self quote on this one.

Q: How long should I run ABrosia?

A: This comes down to a judgment call, really, but there's one thing we can all agree on: It is NOT a good idea to leave ABrosia buying non-stop 24/7. When you're making this decision, think about how much time you (or a normal person) could spend actually parked in front of the computer refreshing shops. For many users, that's only a few hours, for others, it's a couple 2-hour sessions. Play around with the scheduler and find a schedule that doesn't leave you on all the time, but fulfills your autobuying needs.

#53 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:26 PM

Abrosia doesn't touch your bank account with a 10 foot pole as far as buying goes. However, it will bank your profits if you want it to. :p You have to make sure that there's enough operating capital on hand for the program to work.

#54 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

Updating the FAQ with the following q/a's:

It's been X minutes/hours, why haven't I got anything yet?

I have checked off to automatically put the items in my shop and price them. But its not doing that. Any help?

If something worth buying is more expensive than what you have on hand, will Abrosia withdrawl money from the bank to buy it?

#55 DataTraveler

DataTraveler
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:29 AM

should add another question,
1)long will RS Ban last?
it seem to me it lasted for 6 hours XD from my 2 hour AB-ing today

and

2)How to avoid RS ban
I have no idea

#56 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:51 AM

should add another question,
1)long will RS Ban last?
it seem to me it lasted for 6 hours XD from my 2 hour AB-ing today

and

2)How to avoid RS ban
I have no idea

The bans are random, you can never know how exactly you are banned.

As to avoid them, the slower you refresh, the longer you can go, and I'm pretty sure there is a less chance of getting banned if you refresh pretty slow.

#57 Backslash

Backslash
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:52 AM

How do you guys network the Restock lists?

#58 DataTraveler

DataTraveler
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:54 AM

thanks mate

is im using the 8 second refresh,as im not an advance member yet
this is kinda sad,i already waited untill now it still not unband me yet

#59 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:09 AM

1)long will RS Ban last?

2)How to avoid RS ban

How do you guys network the Restock lists?

3 questions I'm including in the update I'm working on right now

Also made it prettier. Go me.

#60 DataTraveler

DataTraveler
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:54 AM

3 questions I'm including in the update I'm working on right now

Also made it prettier. Go me.

GOGO sephi boy

#61 DataTraveler

DataTraveler
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

I've had RS bans last an hour and I've had others last for 24 hours... Just check up on it every once in a while and eventually it will go away. My one from last night was a 12 hour RS ban, for example.

this is sux = (
i hope that there is an effective way to avoid getting RS ban

#62 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:34 AM

this is sux = (
i hope that there is an effective way to avoid getting RS ban

Refresh slower. People set their times to refresh slow (Like 9-21 seconds slow) and have reported to get RS banned less than people who have it set to default. (Kind of a no-brainer)

There, a way to avoid RS bans easier.

#63 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:21 AM

Refresh slower. People set their times to refresh slow (Like 9-21 seconds slow) and have reported to get RS banned less than people who have it set to default. (Kind of a no-brainer)

There, a way to avoid RS bans easier.

Don't forget ABing less. I only AB for about 2-4 hours a day... and I haven't encountered an RS ban for ages ;)

#64 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:25 AM

Don't forget ABing less. I only AB for about 2-4 hours a day... and I haven't encountered an RS ban for ages ;)

That's because you do it so little a day that you don't given them a chance to forcefully tell you to take a chill pill.

#65 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:31 AM

That's because you do it so little a day that you don't given them a chance to forcefully tell you to take a chill pill.

And I still make a profit... if everyone did it like this, I have a feeling that there would be significantly less freezings around here... but then again, I figure that everyone deserves to make their own mistakes. I heard all the warnings when I started, but disregarded them because I thought I could beat the system. The warnings everyone say are there for a reason. My account's doing fairly well, too... and the more alive it stays, the better.

#66 DataTraveler

DataTraveler
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:21 AM

lol,im doing AB-ing for about 3 hours then stopped for about 6 hours then continue for 2 hours...guess what,the 2 hours always get myself RS ban

today is the 2nd time RS ban for the 2 hours AB-ing

#67 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:45 AM

lol,im doing AB-ing for about 3 hours then stopped for about 6 hours then continue for 2 hours...guess what,the 2 hours always get myself RS ban

today is the 2nd time RS ban for the 2 hours AB-ing

Six hours isn't enough to keep you from being Restock banned.

Please stop complaining about this, this is not Abrosia's fault, but really, its your own fault. We have all given you advice, its your choice on whether you take it or not.

#68 DataTraveler

DataTraveler
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:53 AM

Six hours isn't enough to keep you from being Restock banned.

Please stop complaining about this, this is not Abrosia's fault, but really, its your own fault. We have all given you advice, its your choice on whether you take it or not.

lol,iargue..im not complaining = (
I'm just trying to state out how I got RS ban if you got me wrong

#69 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

lol,iargue..im not complaining = (
I'm just trying to state out how I got RS ban if you got me wrong

Well, you don't have to post every time you get RS banned. <_<

#70 DataTraveler

DataTraveler
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:05 PM

XD okay then,sorry...i just wonder that maybe will help in the next upgrade of ABer,well nevermind then

#71 sealonfire

sealonfire
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

XD okay then,sorry...i just wonder that maybe will help in the next upgrade of ABer,well nevermind then

For a start, if you leave your refreshing rate at 8-10s rate, you're bound to get yourself RS-banned. Make the upper limit longer. I've tried 8-20s before and I got RS-banned.

#72 SadeghiJK

SadeghiJK
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:45 PM

I'll have to set my refresh rate to something like 10-22 or something along those lines. I never used default but I didn't go that high. I'll just experiment and figure out what works best :p

#73 Rebeca

Rebeca
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:21 PM

I've never got ban using 8-9 refreshing time :D

#74 SadeghiJK

SadeghiJK
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:04 PM

I've been using 11-23 and I've actually gotten better results than when I used quicker times, but of course can be argued by other people who get other results. I've been RS banned when using 8-15 before so I decided to play it safe, but then again I'm also on a week old account so that's another thing. Soon I'll hopefully get me some of those UB items :D

#75 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:45 PM

Even when having the program at 3-5 seconds refresh rate (which is how fast firefox usually refreshes anyway), I still miss out on some good items :p but not to worry... I haven't been restock banned for ages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users