Mac or PC

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#76 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:38 PM

Can we close this topic already? Its really stupid to have a topic called, "Computer or computer" considering a Mac is a fucking pc as well. I'm sick of seeing stupid people post about technology. Tell them to go to another forum to talk about how much they love the Mac because its not a Personal Computer somehow, or how they manage to not have a virus when over 60# of Macs have virus's.

And why is Mac even capitalized? The only thing special about it is that it costs 1000 dollars more. So for a thousand dollars extra you get to capitalize Mac? Thats stupid. :(

Please close this topic because its pointless for it to even be here. The title is asking people if they should have a computer or a computer, and thats pointless. They will obviously get a personal computer which means that the answer will always be PC, or it will be nothing.

#77 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:42 PM

Can we close this topic already? Its really stupid to have a topic called, "Computer or computer" considering a Mac is a fucking pc as well. I'm sick of seeing stupid people post about technology. Tell them to go to another forum to talk about how much they love the Mac because its not a Personal Computer somehow, or how they manage to not have a virus when over 60# of Macs have virus's.

And why is Mac even capitalized? The only thing special about it is that it costs 1000 dollars more. So for a thousand dollars extra you get to capitalize Mac? Thats stupid. :(

Please close this topic because its pointless for it to even be here. The title is asking people if they should have a computer or a computer, and thats pointless. They will obviously get a personal computer which means that the answer will always be PC, or it will be nothing.

You must think the Mac commercials are retarded then, haha. :p "Hey, I'm a Mac" "... and I'm a PC!" :lol:

Anyways, I'll keep this open since you aren't being forced to entertain yourself with something that you don't approve of. :p

#78 StarmanSuper

StarmanSuper
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

with windows 7, def. PC
at least
apple boasts that it has better security, but being so un-vigilant (is that a word?..prob not) has caused a major downfall in its security, allowing major bugs to get through, and at one point 55 bugs...
windows seven is amazing. its kernel code was rewritten entirely from vista (i agree; i hated vista -bleccchhhh!) and was rated 85 by PC WORLD magazine ( i get their newsletters and magazine) and is totally unintrusive
GO WINDOWS
besides, more programs are compatible with it
macs cost more
and you can't say pcs suck because theres a wide spectrum to view

WIndows!

#79 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

Eh.. I've honestly never seen the appeal of Macs or any Apple products for that matter.
I suppose the huge price tag for what seems mostly the Apple name is the biggest turn off.
Even if one was given to me, more than likely I'd just run BootCamp or whatever it's called and run Windows so kinda pointless.
To each their own though.
I'm sure there's pros and cons to both regardless, and ultimately it comes down to personal preference and comfortableness.
Had I been raised on Apple products I may have a different opinion entirely.
Wont even get started on iPod, iPhone, iPad, iTunes, etc... <_<
And dang... the fan boys/iCult... O_o "Z'omg new Apple product! It's the greatest yet!"

Do/did enjoy the "I'm a Mac!" "I'm a PC!" commercials though. Quite possibly as amusing as those drunken frogs from back in the day.
Good World of Warcraft parody floating around Youtube. Heh silly Alliance... :cool:

#80 XxXGenesisXxX

XxXGenesisXxX
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

That image in the early posts was so true... In saying that, I have to say Linux all the way! Once you know how to use it, it is a great and fast OS. Not to mention, you can Dual-boot with another operating system easily anyway? And if I wanted another OS I could simply run in inside of Linux with VirtualBox OSE (Admittedly flawed, but gets the job done. Inside my Linux OS, I also have a virtual Windows XP, 7, 98). :p Pretty much anything that isn't a mac lol =P

Edited by XxXGenesisXxX, 10 March 2011 - 04:02 PM.

#81 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

PC with windows 7 > all

#82 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

While Apple products are pretty and all (I myself am obsessed with their iPods), I wouldn't be buying a Mac. I've used Windows all my life, since I was old enough to hit keys and stare at the glowing rectangle. I just don't have the time to re-learn an OS right now, and I don't have to. Plus, Apple is expensive. I mean, come on. It'll probably die in a year just like any other computer.

#83 Seaner

Seaner
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

It'll probably die in a year just like any other computer.

The only computers I've had that died in a year were the hunks of shit that HP had assembled.

#84 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:22 PM

I have a macbook dual-booting. OS X for daily tasks including gaming, Win 7 for coding.

#85 mutiny

mutiny
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:44 AM

MAC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users