Can you get you're accounts back???

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 neonoob1

neonoob1
  • 16 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:56 AM

I remember making an account in 2003 but when I look for it, it doesn't appear does neopets delete them after a long time or is there still some hope of getting it back????

#2 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

don't think they delete them. you'd have to know your birthday though because they ask you for it if you don't sign in for a long time

#3 queen

queen
  • 262 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

after 2 years without loging in they delete it

#4 Core

Core
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

<br />after 2 years without loging in they delete it<br />

<br /><br /><br />

That can't be right. I recently logged into an account that hadn't been accessed for over six years. If the account still has a userlookup you'll be able to get into it if you remember the birthday.

#5 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

It all really depends on when TNT does a name purge...not with how long it's inactive for.

You just need to remember the birthday you put in, and you're fine :)

#6 Dlza

Dlza
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

oh mean gutted i have an account there with heaps of stuff but i cant remember the birth date i used lol oh well

#7 Danielle88

Danielle88
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:10 AM

No, queen was right.
Once an account is inactive after two years TNT automatically deletes it to free up space on their server.

#8 Kyel

Kyel
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

Oh, but my old account from ages back is still there. 8 years old.
I have no qualms about losing it, but since we're talking about this,

I think neopets only deletes certain types of accounts that are over two years, like maybe those with lots of items, etc.

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

Oh, but my old account from ages back is still there. 8 years old.
I have no qualms about losing it, but since we're talking about this,

I think neopets only deletes certain types of accounts that are over two years, like maybe those with lots of items, etc.

No, it's any old and inactive account, regardless what's on the account.

#10 Kyel

Kyel
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

No, it's any old and inactive account, regardless what's on the account.

Hmm. Well, the 2 year-ish time limit is great for those name snipers..

#11 shallow

shallow
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

I made one in 2000 and when I tried finding that recently it had gone.. I think I got frozen back in 2000 though Posted Image

#12 DarkVision

DarkVision
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

They dont delete them at all

I made an account and never accessed it for 3 years. Works fine :S

#13 Philly

Philly
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

I found back an account which I had not logged into for about 3.5 years? I dont think they delete all accounts from 2 years inactivity.

#14 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

No, queen was right.
Once an account is inactive after two years TNT automatically deletes it to free up space on their server.

this can't be right, evidence would be dragoonmanster....I hade four names each with a different number behind them, started in 03 and they are all still there, I just can't remember the birthday

#15 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:05 PM

yeah,they dont delete it.its still there

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

yeah,they dont delete it.its still there

No it isn't, or I'd still be able to log in to, or even just successfully search it, but I can't, so you're logic is flawed.

#17 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hmm. Well, the 2 year-ish time limit is great for those name snipers..

What are name snipers and how do they work?

#18 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

What are name snipers and how do they work?

I'm going to go on a whim here and say they are people who look for good but inactive account names and wait for them to be deleted so they can snipe the name.

Really, not TOO hard to figure out if you sit and think about it.

#19 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:05 PM

I'm guessing they grab good names when the people who had them's account expires and the name becomes available again.

#20 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:11 AM

That makes sense, I was thinking they use some kind of program to get old accounts back based on their names but that would require some pretty fancy program that probably doesn't exist. Your ideas sounds much more plausible thanks.

#21 lueykang

lueykang
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

IT HAPPEND TO ME. IT COULD BE UR ACCOUNT WAS FROZEN.

#22 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:57 AM

some are saying they delete after two years, yet there is people claiming that they accessed accounts that haven't been touched for over 2 years. Sound to me like they delete random accounts that are old and haven't been logged into for a very long time. Like basic accounts with nothing on them, maybe they dont delete accounts that have a ton of stuff on them.

#23 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:08 AM

some are saying they delete after two years, yet there is people claiming that they accessed accounts that haven't been touched for over 2 years. Sound to me like they delete random accounts that are old and haven't been logged into for a very long time. Like basic accounts with nothing on them, maybe they dont delete accounts that have a ton of stuff on them.

..I think there was an editorial awhlie back that said they delete accounts after many years. Not sure though :p

#24 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:14 AM

..I think there was an editorial awhlie back that said they delete accounts after many years. Not sure though :p

Its clear that they delete accounts that haven't been accessed for a long period of time. The only thing is, do they treat well used accounts the same as basic( shell like) accounts. That is something I would like to know.

#25 Wangalang

Wangalang
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:25 PM

regardless of whether or not accounts get deleted or not, your best bet is to send neopets an email with the password request form/birthdate.

if you genuinely don't know any of the bullshit in the form, you'll need at least your password and account history/activity/warnings/side accounts.
there are 3 paths to be picked: compassion, pity, or rage.

Let your creative writing skills do the rest, it took me 4 emails for some chump staff member to send me my fake birthdate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users