Photo

Neopets Or Runescape?

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#1 mephisto452

mephisto452
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:07 AM

Whats ur fav out of the 2 its hard for me to choose cause i play both and enjoy both so im stuck what do u think?

#2 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:21 AM

Runescape becomes very redundant after a while (leveling to 99 in skills that is). Also their updates against FWT fucked the game over big time. The wildy/duel arena updates made Runescape lose me as a frequent off and on player. Now my account just rots, because the game is boring now. While the only really thing about Neopets that I personally don't like is how all pet colors look exactly the same because of customization.

I have played both games since they came out. Runescape since it was brand new, and Neopets about a year after it came it. It's a personal choice! Both games have programs to make them easier, like this website. It's just your personal choice.

By the way what level is your account on Runescape? And are the stats any good? If not, then I don't really see a point in trying to play it anymore. Unless they make some super fucking awesome update or something.

#3 Tox

Tox
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:32 AM

Neo.

Runescape sucks. Could never get into it after trying multiple times.

#4 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:35 AM

I've seen runescape, but I only saw middle-school or some young age students play it in my local library... it looked interesting, but being a neopets player for 9 years, I think i'm going to have to say Neopets! :p

#5 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:34 AM

Right about now? Neither.

Runescape never interested me, it seemed really stupid compared to other games that were offered to me, even if they weren't both MMOs.

Neopets has evolved into something different, something that focuses more on the customization of your pets, the opening of the NC Mall, and more "child friendly", which I don't particularly enjoy myself, seeing as what it probably replaced in the process.

Things like Wars, good and enjoyable plots, with both Battle based and puzzle based steps, a real use for the Battledome, and original site events like what they had in the first couple years are what I loved about the game, even if I couldn't fully participate in most of them, I tried anyways, because it was new and exciting.

#6 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:43 AM

neither! i choose real life. (:

#7 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:38 AM

I stopped runescape after I killed cows for 5 minutes and got bored.

#8 mephisto452

mephisto452
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:42 AM

Runescape becomes very redundant after a while (leveling to 99 in skills that is). Also their updates against FWT fucked the game over big time. The wildy/duel arena updates made Runescape lose me as a frequent off and on player. Now my account just rots, because the game is boring now. While the only really thing about Neopets that I personally don't like is how all pet colors look exactly the same because of customization.

I have played both games since they came out. Runescape since it was brand new, and Neopets about a year after it came it. It's a personal choice! Both games have programs to make them easier, like this website. It's just your personal choice.

By the way what level is your account on Runescape? And are the stats any good? If not, then I don't really see a point in trying to play it anymore. Unless they make some super fucking awesome update or something.

Well my account is 136 cmb with 12 lvl 99 skill

#9 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:12 AM

I say neopets. If you asked me about 3-4 years ago before all friends moved onto members or became on and off, I would be saying runescape. I only have enough patience now to play a few minutes everyday but if one of my old friends are online, I will be able to spend hours doing stuff.

#10 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:16 AM

Now I just let my account rot with 6 easter eggs. (bought when they were 4m each)

Edited by kittycat161, 20 January 2010 - 11:17 AM.

#11 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:10 PM

Well my account is 136 cmb with 12 lvl 99 skill

You can do both. If you are running a program then level up some skills or something. Other than that I would stop playing runescape. That's just me though. The game becomes very boring after the only thing left to do is train skills to 99.

#12 mephisto452

mephisto452
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:16 PM

You can do both. If you are running a program then level up some skills or something. Other than that I would stop playing runescape. That's just me though. The game becomes very boring after the only thing left to do is train skills to 99.

Yeah thats a valid point lol :)

#13 Is30akc

Is30akc
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

Neopets definitely!

#14 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:10 PM

I tried runescape for like three days because everyone said it was so awesome

I found it extremely boring and played like Diablo 2 or whatever :p

#15 zenkai

zenkai
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:28 PM

neopets, i played both but i just found runescape so boring and everyone on that game acted like pricks

#16 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

Wait... You ask this question on a neopets forum? Posted Image
Neopets, definitely. I dunno about you, but clicking a rock for 5 hours isn't my idea of fun...

#17 queen

queen
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

undoubtely neo lol

#18 93dcthugs93

93dcthugs93
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

Well I think both games are stupid, however I would say I like RS better since I am a java programmer, I have made over $100,000 making bots for RS and neopets doesn't have much if any opportunity to make money off of.

#19 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

Well I think both games are stupid, however I would say I like RS better since I am a java programmer, I have made over $100,000 making bots for RS and neopets doesn't have much if any opportunity to make money off of.

No matter which game you play, there will always be programmers that give it away for free, whether you're talking Neopets or Runescape... so I don't think you've got that great of a shot at making too much money in either.

#20 googlehead

googlehead
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:42 AM

Neopets for sure

#21 DarkVision

DarkVision
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:12 AM

OLD Runescape was good before the stupid updates with that big market thing in varrock and all the graphic upgrading and crap

But as Neopets seems to have no changed....

Neopets ftw.

#22 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:51 AM

old runescape was the best, but err

anyone got a bot for RuneScape? pm me haha

#23 sweetheart

sweetheart
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:25 AM

neo.
simply cos grinding skills for 2343242 hours isnt any fun

#24 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:55 AM

But as Neopets seems to have no changed....

Not changed?!
Are you mad?

#25 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:27 AM

i'm gonna have to say neo, never really could get involved in Runescape, but then I've played tons of online games and would rather download a free better looking MMO :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users