Gay Marriage

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#101 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:13 PM

What good is it if our natural resources last, if we dont?

A non-hereditary, non-infectious syndrome is incapable of causing extinction.

And, what good is it if we last, if our natural resources don't?

Can I get a article on that? :)

None of my friends, gay, or straight, think that... so I would like to see where the source for that is coming from xD.

Everything is a chemical imbalance.

You don't like cheese? Chemical imbalance.
You can't ice-skate? Chemical imbalance.
You get turned on by feet? Chemical imbalance.

It's a pointless term.

#102 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:26 PM

Pansy.

Lol, I'm super bored of this, and it is occupying too much of my time.
I think everyone knows where I stand.
I've been going back and forth and back and forth with people about it for like 3 days. :p I want my lifeee backk!

Lol and I don't want people to start hating me. :p Its just a debate and I felt like I was getting to into it and so were others.

So I respectfully resign.

*you can call it losing if you want to. but I know the truth. :p (j/k) *

Edited by jsteinberg, 23 February 2010 - 12:26 PM.

#103 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

Being gay is a result of how you are raised. Nuture plays a big role in who you are. Nothing can "dictate" that your gay, but if your brought up around parents who are openly gay, you have a large chance of being gay yourself. Its proven that you seek out a relationship that is most like your parents.

[Source Needed]

I know you're doing your best but...I have data! There have been over 20 studies in the past 30 years conducted on children raised by gay parents. A study from U. Texas at Arlington looked at Florida's public child welfare system and data from gay and lesbian couples throughout the United States, and found that there was no difference in emotional problems experienced by children adopted by heterosexual vs gay parents. However, another study did find that the children were more open to diversity, less confined by gender roles, and more likely to experiment with homosexual activity...but are NOT more likely to be gay than children raised by straight parents.

Feel free to pursue the following counter-arguments: the children are brainwashed to believe they are happy; any homosexual experimentation means the child is gay; research bias because researchers have a gay agenda; children of gay parents are more likely to be bullied so gays should not have children.

#104 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:38 PM

And, what good is it if we last, if our natural resources don't?

This isn't the only planet in the universe. Beside, we have plenty of molecules around, who says we cant just synthesize elements? All they are is an arrangement of molecules...

[Source Needed]

I know you're doing your best but...I have data! There have been over 20 studies in the past 30 years conducted on children raised by gay parents. A study from U. Texas at Arlington looked at Florida's public child welfare system and data from gay and lesbian couples throughout the United States, and found that there was no difference in emotional problems experienced by children adopted by heterosexual vs gay parents. However, another study did find that the children were more open to diversity, less confined by gender roles, and more likely to experiment with homosexual activity...but are NOT more likely to be gay than children raised by straight parents.

Feel free to pursue the following counter-arguments: the children are brainwashed to believe they are happy; any homosexual experimentation means the child is gay; research bias because researchers have a gay agenda; children of gay parents are more likely to be bullied so gays should not have children.

How about the argument, that over 10 million studies(Hyperbole) show that children seek out relationships that are most like their parents? Its undisputed evidence, that men try and seek out women most like their mother, and girls seek men like their fathers. Nature determines very little about how you feel towards certain things. Nuture means alot.

Lol, I'm super bored of this, and it is occupying too much of my time.
I think everyone knows where I stand.
I've been going back and forth and back and forth with people about it for like 3 days. :p I want my lifeee backk!

Lol and I don't want people to start hating me. :p Its just a debate and I felt like I was getting to into it and so were others.

So I respectfully resign.

*you can call it losing if you want to. but I know the truth. :p (j/k) *

Your giving up free post counts? :(

#105 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:43 PM

Your giving up free post counts? :(

These ones don't count towards advanced membership do they?

#106 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:44 PM

These ones don't count towards advanced membership do they?

They do. :p

#107 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:05 PM

They do. :p

Ohh poop! Oh well, I still think I wish to be done with this debate. :D
Happy debating everyone. :)

#108 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

Gay people should be entitled to marriage as much as atheist people. Although I couldn't imagine having a huge fit over being granted the exact same rights as a married couple, just having to call it something different.

#109 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:10 PM

Beside, we have plenty of molecules around, who says we cant just synthesize elements? All they are is an arrangement of molecules...

I hope, truly, that everyone can now see how much of a genuine imbecile you really are.

#110 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

I hope, truly, that everyone can now see how much of a genuine imbecile you really are.

So your telling me it wouldnt be possible to create natural resources?

#111 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

Gay people should be entitled to marriage as much as atheist people. Although I couldn't imagine having a huge fit over being granted the exact same rights as a married couple, just having to call it something different.

"seperate but equal" yep that worked so well for black people, native americans and the disabled..Posted Image

#112 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:25 PM

Gay people should be entitled to marriage as much as atheist people

This is actually a really good point. Christians are upset because they claim Bible says homosexuality is a sin. So to them, allowing gay marriage is endorsing sin. I would think that atheism is a far worse sin than being gay. So why aren't they working to prevent atheists from getting married? I don't think I've ever seen Christian protests with "God hates atheists" and "Atheist marriage = sin." I guess stopping people from having something is easier than taking it away from someone that already has it.

#113 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

I guess stopping people from having something is easier than taking it away from someone that already has it.

Lol I wish I was still in this debate because that is a great point.

#114 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:34 PM

This is actually a really good point. Christians are upset because they claim Bible says homosexuality is a sin. So to them, allowing gay marriage is endorsing sin. I would think that atheism is a far worse sin than being gay. So why aren't they working to prevent atheists from getting married? I don't think I've ever seen Christian protests with "God hates atheists" and "Atheist marriage = sin." I guess stopping people from having something is easier than taking it away from someone that already has it.

Hey and what about divorces? They ruin "family values" right?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdJ4oVnujbA"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kdJ4oVnujbA[/url]

#115 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:42 PM

"seperate but equal" yep that worked so well for black people, native americans and the disabled..Posted Image

Except in all of the above cases, equality wasn't the goal at all. This isn't separation so much as it is preserving the rights of private institutions.

#116 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:46 PM

@Bible. It does say that. But what you neglected is all sin is equal. Sin is sin. There is no "greater" or "lesser" sin in the bible.

@Protests. Did you know, most of what the media focuses on when Christians are protesting is a minority? Shocking, I know. I was shocked too. Not all Christians protest with signs "God hates xxx", "You're going to hell if you don't believe", blah blah, etc. etc.

I don't know enough about these debates to know if people everywhere, in government, in towns, etc. that EVERYONE is trying to stop it, so I can't say much more than that.

#117 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:00 PM

@Bible. It does say that. But what you neglected is all sin is equal. Sin is sin. There is no "greater" or "lesser" sin in the bible.

Seriously? It's a sin to wear clothes made out of more then one material (lol) and that's equal to murder?

#118 marianokt

marianokt
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

I support gay marriage. It's funny how stupiided was the person who write that of "gay parents will raise gay children, as straight parents raise straight children". If straight parents raise straight children how has it all started ._. ?

#119 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

Except in all of the above cases, equality wasn't the goal at all. This isn't separation so much as it is preserving the rights of private institutions.

I went to a segregated school k-12 .. it was called a "school" but it barely covered the minimum level of education and rarely that. When people talk about civil unions it rankles me because it honestly sounds like "separate but equal".

You want civil unions of gay people to have all the rights of straight marriages? Then call it a marriage because if it quacks like a duck , walks like a ducks and looks like a duck it is a duck anything else is half assed and another segregation of a minority.

#120 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

One day when EVERYONE is gay and the human population dies people will look back and say "Hey that Adam guy from neocodex.us was smart, let's stop being gay."

-troll-

Edited by Adam, 23 February 2010 - 02:30 PM.

#121 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:40 PM

I went to a segregated school k-12 .. it was called a "school" but it barely covered the minimum level of education and rarely that. When people talk about civil unions it rankles me because it honestly sounds like "separate but equal".

You want civil unions of gay people to have all the rights of straight marriages? Then call it a marriage because if it quacks like a duck , walks like a ducks and looks like a duck it is a duck anything else is half assed and another segregation of a minority.

You're clearly inconsolable on the issue, so I fail to see why you'd debate about it in the first place. But go ahead, stomp on the rights of churches, because their rights are obviously less important than gay peoples rights.

#122 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:14 PM

You're clearly inconsolable on the issue, so I fail to see why you'd debate about it in the first place. But go ahead, stomp on the rights of churches, because their rights are obviously less important than gay peoples rights.

Um, well, yes... the rights of organisations are definitely below the rights of people...

So your telling me it wouldnt be possible to create natural resources?

For people who think that elements are made of molecules? Certainly.

#123 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:15 PM

I don't understand, what church rights are being infringed? They can currently decline to wed whoever they want within that given church--why would it be different with gay marriage?

#124 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:28 PM

Seriously? It's a sin to wear clothes made out of more then one material (lol) and that's equal to murder?

Uhm, It's a sin to wear clothes made out of more than one material? I've never heard that one, but in that case we're all going to hell then.

Anyways, sin is sin. How would you like me to explain this concept? All sin is equal in God's eyes, because sin is evil and therefore preventing any relationship directly to God. o.o

#125 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

Um, well, yes... the rights of organisations are definitely below the rights of people...

For people who think that elements are made of molecules? Certainly.

I was referring to the church, as its members as well, though I should have made that clear.

To be honest, I'm pro gay marriage, I just can't understand how people can be so horribly offended by the exact same rights, just put under a different name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users