• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

Ok I have a question. What are all of the possible times an auction can be.
So far I know:
< 30 min
30 min-2 hours
2-8 hours
8-24 hours
> 24 hours

is there anything else?

#2 Ubergoldz

Ubergoldz
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

yeah thats all.

#3 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:41 PM

That seems about right. Of course now that you posted this, there will be wild speculation about an auction sniper program.

#4 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:46 PM

That seems about right. Of course now that you posted this, there will be wild speculation about an auction sniper program.

that's what I was just thinking and I got so excited
Posted Image

Edited by kiddx, 01 May 2010 - 10:48 PM.

#5 val

val
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:04 AM

Hm. There's an auction sniper program somewhere at ~another~ website, but two people I know have gotten frozen from it. If this speculated program works the same way that program did, I won't be using it Posted Image

I don't have any programming know - how at all, but it would be nice to have a program to bid at the last minute, instead of just bidding immediately after you're out bid. But the auction time stamps are terrible for that (on purpose, I suppose)

#6 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:31 AM

OMG this is making me super excited :D I love this site too much ;)

Hm. There's an auction sniper program somewhere at ~another~ website, but two people I know have gotten frozen from it. If this speculated program works the same way that program did, I won't be using it Posted Image

I believe I know what you're talking about, and that's because it's meant to be run ALL DAY. like 24 hours... which makes no sense :S

#7 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:31 AM

@ Topic Thread Creator: No I think that's about it - they're pretty vague about it on purpose :(

I also wish there would be a program that bids last-minute rather than immediately after you're out-bid, because it just makes no sense to me why a program would do that :o

#8 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:34 AM

@ Topic Thread Creator: No I think that's about it - they're pretty vague about it on purpose :(

I also wish there would be a program that bids last-minute rather than immediately after you're out-bid, because it just makes no sense to me why a program would do that :o

If all you know is auction has less than 30 minutes left on it how exactly will you know what last minute is?

#9 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:38 AM

If all you know is auction has less than 30 minutes left on it how exactly will you know what last minute is?

Doesn't matter

*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*

If (auction index < 3)
bid like hell

That HB program starts at 50 which is like crazy. Combine it with a 2nd program running = frantic bidding war that looks like collusion.

#10 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:41 AM

Doesn't matter

*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*

If (auction index < 3)
bid like hell

That HB program starts at 50 which is like crazy. Combine it with a 2nd program running = frantic bidding war that looks like collusion.

Hm. I haven't tried the HB program so I didn't know about that - I thought he meant start bidding when it has like 2 minutes left on it.

#11 Daryl

Daryl
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:47 AM

Great, yet another neocodex program is coming up soon :)
Don't let us down :p

#12 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

That's the thing though - you don't. Apparently TNT expects us to judge by how close it is to the top auction at the main auction page. Once it's the first, second, third, fourth or fifth, it probbaly has less than 10 or so seconds, so bid like hell and anticipate what other people will bid so you can bid higher.

#13 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

In theory if a progam could notice the change from 2 hours to 30 minutes, to Less than 30 minutes, it could then give a precise idea of how long left that trade has :thumbsup:

Although I'm unsure how that could be done, just a suggestion that popped into my head :whistling:

#14 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

In theory if a progam could notice the change from 2 hours to 30 minutes, to Less than 30 minutes, it could then give a precise idea of how long left that trade has :thumbsup:

Although I'm unsure how that could be done, just a suggestion that popped into my head :whistling:

Well if it were to be made decent I'm assuming it could grab the stats for every item you designate it to find and would then keep track, refreshing every so often to grab new items. They can be seperated by profit via. ID or just the name of items you want, eg. codestone.

I think a 5-10 sec. bid would be legit enough, although I have auction sniped in several years. =o

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:35 PM

It depends if it's loading a manual list and searching the auction genie, or refreshing at the "first 20" and seeing if your list fits.

#16 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:01 PM

It depends if it's loading a manual list and searching the auction genie, or refreshing at the "first 20" and seeing if your list fits.

First 20 is fine so long as they still have times where the prog. can tell the exact time.

Also I would prefer the profit scheme

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

Well I don't think we have much say in the matter :p Regardless I'm excited :D

#18 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:05 PM

Is that HB's auction sniper?

#19 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:09 PM

No that is my personal one :)

The screenshot was taken from the source (hence the information in the background)...

Would have taken you a running shot of it but Neopets is down :)

What language are you using?

#20 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:23 PM

Posted Image

:whistling:

#21 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

Posted Image

That looks nice.

#22 Shadowfool

Shadowfool
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:50 PM

I wonder if the time updates exactly at 29:59.999 ect.

#23 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

Posted Image

The monocle, top hat and mustache really give it a British feel.

#24 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

I wonder if the time updates exactly at 29:59.999 ect.

I don't think so. If you've ever held fun auctions, you'll realize that items you place in the auctions SOONER sometimes change their times later than items you placed in auctions later. Theres a + or - 1 minute or so.

#25 Kaloriephobia

Kaloriephobia
  • 1023 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:25 PM

Ok I have to understand all of theese, here it is 7 a clock and i'm too tired, thinking my brain is still sleeping ^^

we have already the sniper,this proggy is buying us items in the auktions by bidding in the last moment or by trying to bit in the last moment?
now you want to have another program,whitch would do waht? knowing when theres only one minute left to bit to buy the item?
is this what sniper doesn't know?

hm...in my mind im a little bit unsure if sutch a programm won't be too conspicuously?!
its also a question of the money...who many money you have to had on your hand? or does this program take it from your bank? this would look very misterious, running every second to the bank and then make a other bit :lol:

maybe im crazy this morning but this looks to me a little bit hazardously doesn't it? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users