Photo

Genetically Modified Food.

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#76 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

Oh hey, there's more than one person disagreeing with you, you know. I believe you're referring to the one I quoted, which was about how farmed fish (which are not GM) may be slightly more dangerous than wild fish but there was a solution. Which is important because if we don't farm fish, we're going to run short of food. But if you'd rather let people starve than look into alternatives, well, that's not very Christian, is it?

No stop jumping to assumptions =). I'm talking about the examiner article which proves that it is detrimental to health. And err who said I wouldn't look into alternatives to stop people from starving again stop jumping to assumptions =) all I said was his arguments would be the opposite of what he posted and who cares if more than one person disagrees with me It doesn't mean there right =). But really stop jumping to assumptions =). Err at least my article is the truth. You can tell me it's not but I know it is =).

Edited by pathentic, 18 July 2010 - 04:43 PM.

#77 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

No stop jumping to assumptions =). I'm talking about the examiner article which proves that it is detrimental to health. And err who said I wouldn't look into alternatives to stop people from starving again stop jumping to assumptions =) all I said was his arguments would be the opposite of what he posted and who cares if more than one person disagrees with me It doesn't mean there right =). But really stop jumping to assumptions =).

Bit hypocritical for Mr "HEY YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME YOU MUST THINK THIS AND THEREFORE YOU'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN" - which is a biiiiig assumption.

What alternatives would you propose? Jesus coming to do the loaves and fish trick again?

Edited by Cellophane, 18 July 2010 - 04:55 PM.

#78 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:48 PM

Err at least my article is the truth. You can tell me it's not but I know it is =).

No, it's a poorly written, poorly evidenced piece of propaganda for the holistic health industry.

#79 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

Genetically modified food when done properly is only good for you. The concept of modifying food means that we change parts of it to provide even better benefits for the body then normal.

If we have con troll over the makeup of the food, what nutrients, minerals, and other things are in it, then its fairly easy to make the food healthy for you.

(P.S. In the past they thought that the earth was flat. Thats changed. So has your article.)

#80 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:59 PM

Genetically modified food when done properly is only good for you. The concept of modifying food means that we change parts of it to provide even better benefits for the body then normal.

If we have con troll over the makeup of the food, what nutrients, minerals, and other things are in it, then its fairly easy to make the food healthy for you.

(P.S. In the past they thought that the earth was flat. Thats changed. So has your article.)

Agreeing with you is a deeply uncomfortable feeling. Stop it :p

#81 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

Agreeing with you is a deeply uncomfortable feeling. Stop it :p

I guess all i can say is you enjoy your GMO's and I'll enjoy my farm fresh foods =).

#82 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

I guess all i can say is you enjoy your GMO's and I'll enjoy my farm fresh foods =).

As long as you're not campaigning to stop GM research and implementation, you can do whatever the hell you want.

#83 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

My Genetically modified food is grown on a farm, and is also farm fresh...

#84 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

My Genetically modified food is grown on a farm, and is also farm fresh...

err I mean farm fresh organically grown foods and more likely than not your foods are not farm fresh if you buy them at the supermarket. Since foods at the supermarket actually travel great distances such as from other countries. The only way you can get farm fresh foods is to buy at a farm or a farmer's market =). Basically farm fresh does not mean it comes from a farm but that it comes directly from the source to you.

Edited by pathentic, 18 July 2010 - 05:33 PM.

#85 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:34 PM

err I mean farm fresh organically grown foods and more likely than not your foods are not farm fresh if you buy them at the supermarket. Since foods at the supermarket actually travel great distances such as from other countries. The only way you can get farm fresh foods is to buy at a farm or a farmer's market =). Basically farm fresh does not mean it comes from a farm but that it comes directly from the source to you.

He was being facetious.

And it made me laugh, too.

#86 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

I get food from my own garden (you can't get much more 'farm fresh' than that), we don't use any pesticides or fertilisers but I don't make the claim that it's inherently healthier than what you can buy from a supermarket and it's certainly not natural as in the argument which you made (they've all been selectively bred to grow better in numerous ways from their original form). You enjoy your farm fresh foods and I'll enjoy my garden fresh foods which are fresher and have travelled a lot less distance than yours. :)

#87 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

Oh yeah?
Once, I ate a fig that was still attatched to the tree.
You can just call me super-healthy-person-man.

#88 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:22 AM

Bit hypocritical for Mr "HEY YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME YOU MUST THINK THIS AND THEREFORE YOU'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN" - which is a biiiiig assumption.

What alternatives would you propose? Jesus coming to do the loaves and fish trick again?

Err all the people that have argued with me have revealed they were either agnostic or athiest they either believed there was a god but it was not the christian god or that there were no gods. So it wasn't as much a assumption as I knew that they were not Christians . . . and you are so aggravating did not the bible say Jesus would not come back to earth until the end of days?

#89 harrypotter1

harrypotter1
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:47 AM

i think more or less it can be really beneficial, it think they should maybe label the foods though.

#90 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

i think more or less it can be really beneficial, it think they should maybe label the foods though.

^^^This if i were to go to a grocery store I don't want to go buy GMO shit the FDA should enforce labels on GMO foods of course they're not going to since the FDA can care less about people's health if they did they wouldn't allow products with .5 g transfat on them to be considered transfat free . . . :rolleyes:

#91 harrypotter1

harrypotter1
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

^^^This if i were to go to a grocery store I don't want to go buy GMO shit the FDA should enforce labels on GMO foods of course they're not going to since the FDA can care less about people's health if they did they wouldn't allow products with .5 g transfat on them to be considered transfat free . . . :rolleyes:

haha, the fda has a really big job though, maybe its hard to enforce labeling of every single product.

#92 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

haha, the fda has a really big job though, maybe its hard to enforce labeling of every single product.

Actually I'm talking about the FDA guidelines which allows companies to label products as transfat free or free range even though there may be as much .5g transfat in the product or that the livestock may only be allowed to graze as little as 10 minutes a day then forced back to a unhealthy and unsanitary cage. FDA guidelines are crap and the foods you buy at the grocery store are shit cause of it. I would much rather buy foods from local farmers . . .

#93 harrypotter1

harrypotter1
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

Actually I'm talking about the FDA guidelines which allows companies to label products as transfat free or free range even though there may be as much .5g transfat in the product or that the livestock may only be allowed to graze as little as 10 minutes a day then forced back to a unhealthy and unsanitary cage. FDA guidelines are crap and the foods you buy at the grocery store are shit cause of it. I would much rather buy foods from local farmers . . .

wow really? i should try to watch what i buy then or like get organic stuff.

#94 dfoaiu

dfoaiu
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:38 PM

A lot of our food is genetically modified. It doesn't bother me.

#95 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:08 AM

A lot of our food is genetically modified. It doesn't bother me.

All your food is genetically modified, technically :p

#96 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:28 AM

/sigh. Another misinformed health freak. :(.

They have no reason at all to force people to label their products as GM. (Wtf has o stand for in GMO?). GM food is more healthy then non genetically modified food, and so the normal food is what should be banned. And .5 grams of transfat is more then acceptable. The majority of food has trace amount of transfat in them. Of course its unhealthy if you plan on eating 20 servings in that day... But then I think you have more problems to worry about then transfat.

P.S. Did you know that -all- farmers have to follow the FDA guidelines. Did you know that most of your "local" farmers also provide food for grocery stores as well. The food I eat at my local grocery store came from a farm. It could be the one next door, or the one in California. Its -just- as healthy. Who cares if it traveled all the way across the country? Do foods now expire based on mileage?

#97 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:29 AM

(Wtf has o stand for in GMO?)

Organism, I believe.

#98 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:40 AM

Organism, I believe.

Pointless to include that. Redundancy ftw.

#99 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

/sigh. Another misinformed health freak. :(.

They have no reason at all to force people to label their products as GM. (Wtf has o stand for in GMO?). GM food is more healthy then non genetically modified food, and so the normal food is what should be banned. And .5 grams of transfat is more then acceptable. The majority of food has trace amount of transfat in them. Of course its unhealthy if you plan on eating 20 servings in that day... But then I think you have more problems to worry about then transfat.

P.S. Did you know that -all- farmers have to follow the FDA guidelines. Did you know that most of your "local" farmers also provide food for grocery stores as well. The food I eat at my local grocery store came from a farm. It could be the one next door, or the one in California. Its -just- as healthy. Who cares if it traveled all the way across the country? Do foods now expire based on mileage?

I'm not a misinformed health freak. I know my facts. They should have a reason because people should be allowed to choose between GMO's and and 'normal' food. And It hasn't been proven to be more healthy in fact just the opposite the nutritional contents of the food we eat nowadays are significantly less than those eaten 50 years ago primarily due to the mass farming process for GMO foods. The transfat in foods are negligible that wasn't the point I said it should not be labelled as transfat free if it does in fact have trace amounts of transfat I eat meat I know it has transfat in it. However, if I were to get a snack that was labelled as transfat free it should be transfat free not have a trace amount in it. I care if it travelled across the country or not. Why? Because it isn't as fresh if it travels 123123123 miles just to get to my house. P.S. did you know that most of your "local" farmers do not in fact provide food for local grocery stores? Did you also know that the majority of local farmers do not have the same farming methods that mass production farmers have? Did you also know that due to mass production farming the nutrients in the soil are more vastly depleted? Did you know I am training to be an athlete and I keep a diet log of the foods I eat and everything and that I have noticed a significant peak in energy from eating locally grown fruits and vegetables as opposed to the grocery store products?

Edited by pathentic, 05 August 2010 - 07:34 PM.

#100 Code

Code
  • Patron of Absorbia

• 435 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:36 AM

I'd say natural is the best :shifty:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users