• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

Discuss.

I think series like Final Fantasy were milked way, way, way, way too much. IMO, the best series of games were the Pokemon games. I just loved each and every one of them! :p

#2 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

*deleted*

Edited by Kweh, 12 May 2010 - 11:26 PM.

#3 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

Battlefield series.

#4 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

*deleted*

#5 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

.Hack

Great games and great anime in one

You forgot about the Manga

On a personal note, I've liked where Kingdom Hearts has gone. The timeline is all out of whack, but each game really stands on its own, but the continuous story line is entertaining.

#6 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

I completely forgot. Battlefield is so much better than CoD.

How's its colors/color scheme? For some reason I can't stand CoDs... :angry: It looks so boring to me!

#7 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:56 PM

In my opinion, Battlefield is sort of... devolving, though. I think their prime was with Battlefield 2. Then, they took out jets for no good reason. The battlewalkers were good.. but now they don't even have THOSE.

#8 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

I like .hack g.u. better than the original.

#9 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

I was a huge fan of the Mega Man X series, and the Mega Man Battle Network series. Then again, I was just a huge Mega Man games; Mega Man 2 was the first game I remember playing and actually enjoying, and Mega Man X was the first game I played fanatically. Mind you, I was 4, but it still is one of my favorite franchises.

Edited by Puppetmaster, 07 May 2010 - 06:05 PM.

#10 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

Here's a few of my favorite series:

Mario

Street Fighter

Final Fantasy

Call of Duty

Battlefield

#11 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

Windows Solitaire /jk

Edited by Andy, 07 May 2010 - 06:14 PM.

#12 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

halo

/thread

#13 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

*deleted*

#14 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

Kingdom Hearts was a great series (especially from SE and Disney) and the timeline was perfectly fine in my head until Birth by Sleep came out (excluding the Mobile games). Chain of Memories is currently my favorite gameplay wise (Re:Chain of Memory completely botched the gameplay with large battle rooms and the Dodge Roll was so OP, Riku's 4th encounter turned into a joke with me dodge rolling all over the place until there is an opening for an attack which let me win without taking any damage). 358/2 Days is my favorite for the story.

I don't think I ever played Birth by Sleep.... or the Mobile Games... and I never played Chain of Memories. Once I had played 358/2, I couldn't bring myself to go back to Chain of Memories... should have played it when it was new...

#15 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

I was a huge fan of the Mega Man X series, and the Mega Man Battle Network series. Then again, I was just a huge Mega Man games; Mega Man 2 was the first game I remember playing and actually enjoying, and Mega Man X was the first game I played fanatically. Mind you, I was 4, but it still is one of my favorite franchises.

Oh yes, that too. I don't know why, but I liked the Gameboy ones a LOT. I remember the first time I played Megaman it was on a gameboy, and there was no other game like it IMO at that time. There's just something to be said about a blue guy running around with a blaster on his arm playing through cool levels and shooting bad guys, charging up mega-bombs, then fighting bosses at the end. Along with super tight powerups and all. :funone:

halo

/thread

Gotta be recognized too. I've heard H2 was as good as if not better than H3 though, but personally I don't know. I've only played H3 - but I did get my 50s! :nana:

#16 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

I only played FFX and it was freaking amazing... pokemon was great too IMO, though I stoppped after leaf green when my bro traded my sparkly celebi that a friend gave to me.

I think Star Ocean has been a good series

Persona is FREAKING AMAZING though. Try Persona 4 for ps2 SO GOOD.

#17 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

It's not really a singular series, but I was always a fan of Rare games, their fetish for collecting items always interested me and I had a lot of fun getting everything in all the games.

Except for Jet Force Gemini, going through an entire level just to watch the last creature I have to rescue get blown up was top notch rage fuel, since I never wanted to restart the entire level all over again.

#18 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

In my opinion, Battlefield is sort of... devolving, though. I think their prime was with Battlefield 2. Then, they took out jets for no good reason. The battlewalkers were good.. but now they don't even have THOSE.

My favorite was actually Battlefield 1942 ;) Loading screen music was unrivaled. Newer battlefields don't feel the same to me anymore, but I still like them in general. Vehicles and larger maps IMO make the series much better than the Call of Duty series, though I like that series too.

#19 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:01 AM

I only played FFX and it was freaking amazing... pokemon was great too IMO, though I stoppped after leaf green when my bro traded my sparkly celebi that a friend gave to me.

I think Star Ocean has been a good series

Persona is FREAKING AMAZING though. Try Persona 4 for ps2 SO GOOD.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Celebi. :(

Persona... isn't that like one of those sims games? I never really had a knack or a liking for those, though ;)

Mario Party though... Whew, just finished playing some games of Mario Party 7 with my bro on Gamecube. Nostalgia and good memories - the games are still really good [referring to Mario Party series]

#20 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:18 AM

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Celebi. :(

Persona... isn't that like one of those sims games? I never really had a knack or a liking for those, though ;)

Mario Party though... Whew, just finished playing some games of Mario Party 7 with my bro on Gamecube. Nostalgia and good memories - the games are still really good [referring to Mario Party series]

Ehh its alright.. I was just SO pissed for a while haha

Persona is an AMAZING RPG series; its pretty serious stuff though. You should look into it if you like RPGs =D

OMFG I FREAKING LOVE MARIO PARTY. New years eve I had an INTENSE few rounds with my cousins. They are very good, and it is nice to be challenged haha :thumbsup:

#21 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:39 PM

Ehh its alright.. I was just SO pissed for a while haha

Persona is an AMAZING RPG series; its pretty serious stuff though. You should look into it if you like RPGs =D

OMFG I FREAKING LOVE MARIO PARTY. New years eve I had an INTENSE few rounds with my cousins. They are very good, and it is nice to be challenged haha :thumbsup:

I understand. I get pretty into games sometimes. :p I recall times when I was ready to smash in my TV/Xbox 360 when I got sniped or owned in high level MLG (48+).

You know what would make Mario Party the most epic game series in the world? Go ahead and give it wifi, and make it available on all consoles or something, and allow random people to access the wifi and hook up in games, so that way you could play a game anytime with anyone. That. Would be. EPIC! :drool:

#22 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:20 PM

I'd go with Total War. Loved all their games.

Civ would get my vote but I'm not old enough to have played all their games and too spoiled to play 1/2/3 (even though they're great)
CoD would get mine but 1/3rd of the games are shitty
Warcraft too but I don't like WoW which is like the most important game in the series
Dawn of War was fun but lacking in re-playability

#23 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

I understand. I get pretty into games sometimes. :p I recall times when I was ready to smash in my TV/Xbox 360 when I got sniped or owned in high level MLG (48+).

You know what would make Mario Party the most epic game series in the world? Go ahead and give it wifi, and make it available on all consoles or something, and allow random people to access the wifi and hook up in games, so that way you could play a game anytime with anyone. That. Would be. EPIC! :drool:

Hahahahahaha

Mario Party Online would be SOOO epic! Although I would imagine a lot of disconnects > <

#24 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

Mario Party Online would be SOOO epic! Although I would imagine a lot of disconnects > <

Which would cause a ton of problems, probably resulting in the game ending prematurely and everyone getting pissed off.

#25 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

Which would cause a ton of problems, probably resulting in the game ending prematurely and everyone getting pissed off.

Yep. That is probably why there isn't it in the first place...

OMG in regards to this: Mario Kart on the wii with wifi pissed me off SOOO much hahahahahaha! I am not an angry person, but omg some of the stuff that happened online was absolutely ridonkulous! :crybaby:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users