A tiny improvement to Abrosia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:26 AM

I would like to suggest a slight improvement to the best ABer out there, Abrosia.

Would it be possible to regulate how quickly items are placed into your shop after being bought? I'm talking about just sticking the items abrosia just restocked into my shop, not pricing them.

My reasoning for this suggestion is very simple, I use an extremely small profit minimum. This leads to me restocking 50 items in a very short amount of time( I have reached the 50 limit in about 20 minutes many times) and I am forced to shut down Abrosia, go on my account and stuff all the items in my shop before continuing. This has, as you can imagine led to many missed items.

When my inventory is full 20 minutes in and I've set it to restock for an hour, I end up missing a ton of items. So now, If I want to continue my mass item restocking, I must baby sit the ABer which in no way is a problem, its just not convenient.

I believe, and this might just be me, that this feature would be an excellent addition to Abrosia.

Any thoughts guys?

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:17 AM

We'll have to talk to SL. That's an insane amount of items. Is it it safe?

#3 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

Why don't you just get Abrosia to put them in your SDB?

#4 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:11 AM

I would of found this useful yesterday 300 items in one day.

#5 neoneo0505

neoneo0505
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:20 AM

Why don't you just get Abrosia to put them in your SDB?

The problem I see with that is that they would get mixed up with other things in there, and taking items out is a pain with a PIN.

#6 devil669988

devil669988
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

i agree with rko if your after some safe money thats a good idea since this coupled with autopricer equals kaching

#7 neoneo0505

neoneo0505
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

You know Abrosia can autoprice your things, right? I don't use it or the autopricer, though. Neither of them price things low enough, so i just manual.

#8 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

My setting are beyond safe, and the profits are outrageous, but that is not the point.
The inventory can only hold 50 items, and since Abrosia places items into your store once an hour I end up missing items unless I shut it off and manually place them into my shop.

SDB is out of the question, Im working on my packrat and my SDB has over 500 junk items in it. It would be ABSOLUTE HELL to look for the items I restocked if I had them moved there.

I use the Autopricer BTW, just not the one that comes with Abrosia. I use the Neon AP.

Anyways, the ability to have a time setting for this would be amazing. I would personally have Abrosia place items into my shop every 15 or 20 minutes.

Eventually Im thinking of lowering my profit minimum even lower then it is now, so I can restock around 300-500 items a day and have a giant mega shop going. When I get to this point, 50 items in 20 minutes will be a frequent accurance.

My new method of ABing is simple, any profit is profit, but this little limitation is hindering me from reaching full potential. If you guys can please look into this feature, it would be greatly appreciated.Posted Image

#9 Information

Information
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

I seriously think RKO - you are milking or rather attempting to "milk" something that already benefits your greatly. I understand you appreciate Abrosia, and you want to carry on god-modding your way to ultimate riches but if you have to baby sit your way in doing so, so be it. No need perfecting something already perfect in doing its job.

#10 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

I'm on board with this. If it could quickstock after every restock, it would be godly.

There are times when I have shit in trades and can only hold about 5-6 items at once.

Would be a godsend for me ^_^s

#11 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

Bleh I got 0 from yesterday with a min profit of 2500 -.- but still a good suggestion... or just stuff all the items in your shop when it reaches 50?

#12 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:34 PM

I think "item management after x refreshes after the last item was bought" would be easiest and probably the smartest way to go.

#13 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:57 AM

I'm on board with this. If it could quickstock after every restock, it would be godly.

There are times when I have shit in trades and can only hold about 5-6 items at once.

I think "item management after x refreshes after the last item was bought" would be easiest and probably the smartest way to go.

Im glad you guys agree with me on this one.

Kweh's idea would work extremely well, you would be able to quick stock all your restocks a few moments after your done autobuying on a particular restock. In that short time period, you wouldn't miss anything and the inventory would be nice and empty and ready for the next influx of items.

As for this being godly, well I agree with that statement. Abrosia, IMO is already godly. This new feature/addition would just be icing on the cake.

#14 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

Eventually Im thinking of lowering my profit minimum even lower then it is now, so I can restock around 300-500 items a day and have a giant mega shop going. When I get to this point, 50 items in 20 minutes will be a frequent accurance.

how low are we talking? what are you, around 500np or something to be Rsing 50 items in 20 mins? :S

#15 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

how low are we talking? what are you, around 500np or something to be Rsing 50 items in 20 mins? :S

I don't want to disclose my profit minimum, rather not increase my competition.

But I'll tell you that your pretty close.

#16 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

I don't want to disclose my profit minimum, rather not increase my competition.

But I'll tell you that your pretty close.

aren't some items off priced in the item db and buying tonnes of a certain item is lowering its value as well

i'm on the same boat... stupid trades

#17 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

aren't some items off priced in the item db and buying tonnes of a certain item is lowering its value as well

Out of the hundreds of items I have bought in the last week, only about 2 were off priced, I ended up losing maybe 1,000 NP on them. In the large scale of things, 1k is nothing. Especially when your making 400-500k a day.

#18 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

Out of the hundreds of items I have bought in the last week, only about 2 were off priced, I ended up losing maybe 1,000 NP on them. In the large scale of things, 1k is nothing. Especially when your making 400-500k a day.

i think im about as low as i'm going to go with my minimum, because any lower will take waaay too much time to take care of all the stock and plus increase my shop size to one billion :) maybe later on, but i like my 10-20 items an hour

#19 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

my min is 2000. :/ lmao. I think I do okay with it.

#20 Antivenin

Antivenin
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:51 AM

This would be a really nice addition. :funone:

#21 CyberDar

CyberDar
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:42 AM

I would be for either being able to choice to move to shop every X min. or auto move to shop once inventory hits your 50 items. Would be a great addition either way.

#22 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

I would be for either being able to choice to move to shop every X min. or auto move to shop once inventory hits your 50 items. Would be a great addition either way.

well i like the "x min" idea better because what happens if you have 49 items in your inventory, and the next restock has 5 items you can buy... after you buy one you'll miss the others just because abrosia will have to go deal with the inventory regardless... x minutes sounds better

#23 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:06 AM

I agree with you RKO Abrosia should just stop buying but not stop running when your INV is full. Maybe you could just set the refresh rate to like .1 higher so you can get less items or even increase your profits. Thats what i do. Or just log on neopets every half an hour and stock everything in your shop.

#24 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:41 AM

Or just log on neopets every half an hour and stock everything in your shop.

that's what i do but it sort of defeats the purpose of having a feature in abrosia that stocks things in your shop if you go ahead and do it manually. that's why you should be able to set the amount of time that passes between item management...

#25 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

Even though I haven't used Abrosia in a while, I think this would be a great addition if possible. If I am at my comp, I just manually quickstock so that my inventory doesn't fill up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users